Merry Christmas!

18 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I was gonna start a thread about the early erection of Christmas decorations but I might as well just use this one.

So I was walking to work at about 6 in the morning yesterday and walked past a house with Christmas lights flashing away outside. As this was so early in the morning they had to have been put up the day before. This means someone must have put up their Christmas lights on 30th October. Absolutely ridiculous. I recall once seeing an actual tree up on 11th November a few years ago but October?! Crazy!Ā 

(I said early erection..! šŸ˜‚)Ā 

That's a brave thing to do with electricity prices this high!

I was hoping that it'd see those houses that are nothing but flashing lights for six weeks toned down a bit.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

20 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I was gonna start a thread about the early erection of Christmas decorations but I might as well just use this one.

So I was walking to work at about 6 in the morning yesterday and walked past a house with Christmas lights flashing away outside. As this was so early in the morning they had to have been put up the day before. This means someone must have put up their Christmas lights on 30th October. Absolutely ridiculous. I recall once seeing an actual tree up on 11th November a few years ago but October?! Crazy!Ā 

(I said early erection..! šŸ˜‚)Ā 

Neighbours had their tree and other decorations up yesterday, as usual for them....

• Confused 1

Not being funny but some of my Indian neighbours still have the lights up from Diwali last week, maybe some of those are the 'Christmas' lights?Ā  That's not to say some folks really don't put the Christmas lights up ridiculously early though.Ā  Or leave the buggers up until summer lol

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It's too early, they should have a Guy Fawkes sat on the doorstep...

... or a grinch in the cupboard under the stairs? šŸ˜‰

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

• 3 weeks later...

watching all these mixed-race families having the greatest christmas ever on this years adverts is making me feel so left out - iĀ  don't even have an oriental friend in a wheelchair to pull a cracker with on boxing day - i wish i could just have a normal christmas like all these families on the ads and not the usual miserable white christmasĀ Ā 

• Haha 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophileĀ 

You donā€™t have a tree

And your smile has a fee

All the same, heā€™s a cardĀ 

For your boring facadeĀ 

Jingle bells, piney smells

All the boys and girlsĀ 

Say itā€™s clichedĀ 

To be cynicalĀ 

At Christmas,Ā 

Oh itā€™s clichedĀ 

To be cynicalĀ 

At Christmas

HMHB - Trouble Over Bridgewater.Ā 
April 2000.Ā 

• Like 2

I don't get this. Surely there can be only one Santa Claus. Is it a title like the Queen? Annual Hunger Games style contest to leave only the one red stained winner to deliver gifts around the world?

Ā 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

its certainly gonna be a different kind of xmas this year-its got that bad round our way all the advent calendars have had their windows boarded upĀ 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophileĀ 

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

its certainly gonna be a different kind of xmas this year-its got that bad round our way all the advent calendars have had their windows boarded upĀ 

I opened mine today and there was a jehovahs witness standing behind it

I hope everyone is healthy and well, just on the way home after an unexpected afternoon off for team building.

That means Iā€™m currently quite drunk and hoping for city to have wrapped up beating Liverpool in good time so I can go bed.

I may not be on here very much over Christmas so would like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas, if you like that sort of thing, and a really good new year.

Iā€™ve found my voice on here I think over the last 12 months, partly due to feeling more confident in my opinions on the game (somebody somewhere will agree with them regardless) and partly because for all the occasional trolling and bashing there is a real community on here, so thank you all, whether we agree or disagree, this is becoming a part of my life that I would miss if it disappeared.

As a wire fan, Iā€™m hoping that next yearā€¦. is a good one.

Edited by tjhrads93
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This time of year isn't for everyone, it's ok not to be ok, but if you feel the need, please use #JoinIn , or ring a friend, send a DM, phone the helplines.
Most importantly be kind to yourself, and take care x

• Like 1

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion