The Exiles would be much too strong for England

The announcement has been made that England might play an Exiles team this season, in preparation for the upcoming World Cup. 

Any Exiles team will not only be competitive with England. The high probability is that they will defeat England comprehensively.

The reason is simple: the Exiles will have a more than capable pack of forwards, combined with a star backline that will completely outclass the backline of England.

Possible Exiles team:

Greg Inglis

Kevin Naiqama, Dean Whare, Konrad Hurrell, Bevan French

Blake Austin/James Maloney,

Aiden Sezer

Elijah Taylor

Rhyse Martin, Joel Thompson, 

Zane Tetevano, Thomas Leuluai, Korbin Sims

Interchange: Kenny Edwards, James Gavet, Agnatius Paasi, Jackson Hastings

Reserves: Pauli Pauli, Sione Mata’utia, Matt Parcell, Ricky Leutele, Lachlan Coote, Shaun Kenny-Dowell, Ken Sio, Tuimoala Lolohea, Robert Lui

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do look forward to a Manfred Mann post... it really is a magical mystery tour.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

The announcement has been made that England might play an Exiles team this season, in preparation for the upcoming World Cup. 

Any Exiles team will not only be competitive with England. The high probability is that they will defeat England comprehensively.

The reason is simple: the Exiles will have a more than capable pack of forwards, combined with a star backline that will completely outclass the backline of England.

Possible Exiles team:

Greg Inglis

Aiden Sezer

Elijah Taylor

Reserves: Pauli Pauli, Sione Mata’utia, Matt Parcell, Ricky Leutele, Lachlan Coote, Shaun Kenny-Dowell, Ken Sio, Tuimoala Lolohea, Robert Lui

I hope you are right ,that is the reason to play them , otherwise no point 

So for once you are correct , congratulations 👏

Possible Exiles team:

Greg Inglis

Aiden Sezer

Elijah Taylor

I always remember when England played Samoa in Oz mid season before the 2017 WC.

The Aussie commentators were predicting the result based on the number of NRL v SL players to which Samoa had 15 or 16 NRL players and England had about 4 or 5 NRL players.

80 mins later a comfortable England & SL victory... Manfred Man seems a deluded as those Aussie....

I’m sure Manfred is a Martyn Sadler run bot.

It’s a nice list of names but 3 players are out of position, we’re talking as if these players are actually up for it and neglecting to acknowledge an England team that is more than capable of winning a game against an exhibition side.

12 minutes ago, langpark said:

I agree they are a stronger team on paper.  But whether they won't have the chemistry that the England team has.

Also, I assume England will be without its NRL players, so that is another leveller.

I’m not having that. England have a stronger line up without the NRL players. 

Sam Tomkins, Tommy Makinson, Oliver Gildart, Mark Percival, Ash Handley, Jonny Lomax, Luke Gale, Alex Walmsley, Daryl Clark, Mike Cooper, John Bateman, Liam Farrell, Morgan Knowles. 

I’ve left out Stefan Ratchford, Richie Myler, Tom Johnstone, Niall Evalds, Toby King, Zak Hardaker, Tom Davies, Jake Trueman, Liam Watts, Paul McShane, Matt Whitley, Jake Connor, Marc Sneyd, Scott Taylor, Harry Newman, James Roby, Matty Lees, James Bentley, Gareth Widdop, Chris Hill, Ben Currie, Matty Ashton, Sam Powell and Morgan Smithies to name a few players.

The Exiles would be much too strong for England

If true we need a three match test series and to dump all the loop rubbish immediately!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

Doesn't rate Reynolds 

I do rate Josh Reynolds, who is a renowned former cult figure at the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. However Josh Reynolds is now contracted to a club called Hull FC, and the owner of Hull FC -- a dreadfully mean spirited person who still operates in the UK and much of western Europe under the legally registered name Adam Pearson -- has said that he will not allow Hull FC players to participate in the game. This means that poor old Josh Reynolds would not be able to be selected, even if his form in Super League during 2021 somehow put him ahead of the illustrious Blake Austin and James Maloney in the pecking order .

2 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

This is all the more reason England should play France. We're going to be rusty as anything, and if we lost to a mish-mash Exiles team I'm not sure that would be a great look ahead of a World Cup...

We lost to Italy before the 2013 WC, didn't seem to do the tournament any harm.

I would rather see England play France, they do not play each other enough. Need to develop and improve the European international game. 

Last time round the Exiles was initially an interesting novelty but sometimes I thought it was pointless as the non English players were risking injury by taking part when unlike the England players there was nothing to motivate them or to gain.

If I was a Super League club I wouldn't be letting my players partake in this

I do rate Josh Reynolds, who is a renowned former cult figure at the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. However Josh Reynolds is now contracted to a club called Hull FC, and the owner of Hull FC -- a dreadfully mean spirited person who still operates in the UK and much of western Europe under the legally registered name Adam Pearson -- has said that he will not allow Hull FC players to participate in the game. This means that poor old Josh Reynolds would not be able to be selected, even if his form in Super League during 2021 somehow put him ahead of the illustrious Blake Austin and James Maloney in the pecking order .

If Reynolds can’t match Maloney’s efforts so far in Superleague,Hull should seek a refund.

7 hours ago, Nate90 said:

I would rather see England play France, they do not play each other enough. Need to develop and improve the European international game. 

Last time round the Exiles was initially an interesting novelty but sometimes I thought it was pointless as the non English players were risking injury by taking part when unlike the England players there was nothing to motivate them or to gain.

If I was a Super League club I wouldn't be letting my players partake in this

If you are going to run a marathon you train by doing long distances not short sprints, equally in team sports it does no good whatsoever for preperation of (and that is what this game is) playing against other teams that will not or cannot offer that competitive edge to test and extend you both physically and mentally.

The exiles game is much preferred by the coach simply because it will be a much bigger and better test than playing France and dare I say will offer better preperation for the World Cup comp.

Agreed, the European International game needs to develop and improve but not this year as far as England are concerned, Mr Wane is correct that the focus should all be about what is good for England that is his main priority and quite rightly so.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

If you are going to run a marathon you train by doing long distances not short sprints, equally in team sports it does no good whatsoever for preperation of (and that is what this game is) playing against other teams that will not or cannot offer that competitive edge to test and extend you both physically and mentally.

The exiles game is much preferred by the coach simply because it will be a much bigger and better test than playing France and dare I say will offer better preperation for the World Cup comp.

Agreed, the European International game needs to develop and improve but not this year as far as England are concerned, Mr Wane is correct that the focus should all be about what is good for England that is his main priority and quite rightly so.

If England as the biggest nation in our game in the northern hemisphere had kept building up and supporting the game in France we would not be in this position.

It’s a sad indictment on the game in Europe that France was allowed to wither on the Vine for many years compared to what they once were.

Wales, Ireland, Scotland, anywhere else... have gone backwards at a great rate of knots for decades.

I am concerned about this great game in the North.

It is not going forward, it is not treading water, it is going backwards in my opinion long before “COVID” affected the world.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Archived