Jump to content

Uncertainty remains over the Red Devils stadium future


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That seems grossly unfair to me. The news came out and some supporters gathered to voice their concern. Here is a journalist,recently seriously injured,making a definite effort to elicit som

I can't believe people push mergers in this country. We are tribal and the history of our clubs matters.

It was a joke Old Man... get it

I’d be amazed if Salford City FC sold their stadium that the owners have poured significant amounts of money into to move into a stadium as tenants, them buying it would make more sense, though £15m+ for an extra 7,000 seats may not be the most economical idea, though I imagine the corporate bits is where they’d make their money. 

Is there any indication then that should the not Sale Sharks or Salford City buy this stadium that they’d not want a tenant in Salford Red Devils? I suppose the issue would be the cost of rent, which may be different to what they pay now to the council. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

slow news day even for a paper that's give given a negative value in its parent companies accounts.

seems they have got rid of many of the rubbish journalist's but in this case they seem to have missed one if they cant add anything to the original story from last month

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So sad to hear of the plight of Salford. Two great seasons. Grand Final and last year at Wembley are what dreams are made of.

Like Oldham and Swinton and Salford, once you've lost your "home". Watersheddings, Station Road and the Willows our clubs were on a downward spiral - some a lot faster than others. Do you remember when sooperdooperleague was first mooted that our three great clubs should merge to become Manchester - it makes you think "what if?2

All the best Salford hang onto the memories.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

slow news day even for a paper that's give given a negative value in its parent companies accounts.

seems they have got rid of many of the rubbish journalist's but in this case they seem to have missed one if they cant add anything to the original story from last month

 

That seems grossly unfair to me.

The news came out and some supporters gathered to voice their concern.

Here is a journalist,recently seriously injured,making a definite effort to elicit some facts and asking questions which supporters of the club would presumably want to be asked.

If only there were more journalists who actually attempted journalism and seeked the truth.

No further forward perhaps in gaining the full facts but at least the main protagonists are now aware that there is a great deal of interest in any developments and the supporters may not be the last to know.

Many journalists seem to sit around waiting for snippets- this guy went to the effort of compiling relevant questions for the relevant individual.

  • Like 3

     No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

That seems grossly unfair to me.

The news came out and some supporters gathered to voice their concern.

Here is a journalist,recently seriously injured,making a definite effort to elicit some facts and asking questions which supporters of the club would presumably want to be asked.

If only there were more journalists who actually attempted journalism and seeked the truth.

No further forward perhaps in gaining the full facts but at least the main protagonists are now aware that there is a great deal of interest in any developments and the supporters may not be the last to know.

Many journalists seem to sit around waiting for snippets- this guy went to the effort of compiling relevant questions for the relevant individual.

all he has done is publish the same story that was around 6 weeks ago not a new fact in the story . now if he had a new angle with something new I would have called it out as good journalism  but just what is new in that news story. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’d be amazed if Salford City FC sold their stadium that the owners have poured significant amounts of money into to move into a stadium as tenants

Owner in the singular, in the form of Peter Lim, I’d have said. And the pocket money he’s thrown at the temporary stands at Moor Lane would be a fraction of how much the land would be worth for housing, I’m sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’d be amazed if Salford City FC sold their stadium that the owners have poured significant amounts of money into to move into a stadium as tenants, them buying it would make more sense, though £15m+ for an extra 7,000 seats may not be the most economical idea, though I imagine the corporate bits is where they’d make their money. 

Is there any indication then that should the not Sale Sharks or Salford City buy this stadium that they’d not want a tenant in Salford Red Devils? I suppose the issue would be the cost of rent, which may be different to what they pay now to the council. 

Is Salford City all seating, their current stadium would not be premier league acceptable and as you mention the corporate side and media etc is in place

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yipyee said:

Is Salford City all seating, their current stadium would not be premier league acceptable and as you mention the corporate side and media etc is in place

Moor Lane isn’t all seated, but there again neither is the AJ Bell. They can’t even get out of League Two at the minute (praise be) so any idea of the Premier League or even Championship is rather fanciful. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Moor Lane isn’t all seated, but there again neither is the AJ Bell. They can’t even get out of League Two at the minute (praise be) so any idea of the Premier League or even Championship is rather fanciful. 

That is their aim though and they have the money to keep going like city did

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, yipyee said:

That is their aim though and they have the money to keep going like city did

They really don’t have that level of funding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

They really don’t have that level of funding.

They do though, one of the investors is peter Lim, the others are all multi millionaires, Beckham has the miami franchise so theres already a mechanism in place to develop cheap american talent plus loanees each way aka new york with city.

For now they are living within their means but for every division they are in they are signing players from the division above so will always be at the top end.

Additionally the clubs at the top and bottom of the prem are far apart on capital, turnover, wages etc.. 

Wigan only had a small turnover as did Blackpool in comparison to Utd and city

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, yipyee said:

They do though, one of the investors is peter Lim, the others are all multi millionaires, Beckham has the miami franchise so theres already a mechanism in place to develop cheap american talent plus loanees each way aka new york with city.

For now they are living within their means but for every division they are in they are signing players from the division above so will always be at the top end.

Additionally the clubs at the top and bottom of the prem are far apart on capital, turnover, wages etc.. 

Wigan only had a small turnover as did Blackpool in comparison to Utd and city

Living within their means is a dubious claim. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yipyee said:

They do though, one of the investors is peter Lim, the others are all multi millionaires, Beckham has the miami franchise so theres already a mechanism in place to develop cheap american talent plus loanees each way aka new york with city.

For now they are living within their means but for every division they are in they are signing players from the division above so will always be at the top end.

Additionally the clubs at the top and bottom of the prem are far apart on capital, turnover, wages etc.. 

Wigan only had a small turnover as did Blackpool in comparison to Utd and city

If they had City’s level of funding,they wouldn’t be bothering “living within their means”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...