Michael Carter calls it as it is!

25 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Interesting that Carter failed to mention that he, along with all other Super League chairmen, agreed the disciplinary procedure just a couple of years ago. 

He was literally on the panel which designed the system -

Changes made to on field disciplinary for 2018

Following a review of the current system, the Disciplinary Review Group have had their recommendations approved by clubs and the RFL and several changes will be put into place ahead of the 2018 season.

The Disciplinary Review Group is comprised of Hull Kingston Rovers chairman Neil Hudgell, Wakefield Trinity chairman Michael Carter, Oldham chairman Chris Hamilton, former Hull FC football manager Motu Tony and RFL representatives.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

How about when he had lads on furlough who had to turn to other forms of employment to pay the bills? Integrity when it suits. 

That’s finances not integrity, are you totally stupid?

Carter is spot on but the normal look at me pedants on here think they look clever being contrary.

This forum just reeks of self appointed beardy quasi intellectuals who argue for the sake of it.

Sometimes a shovel is just a shovel regardless of grammar and punctuation.

Well said Mr Carter, this sport is dying and most of its cheerleaders are on here.

39 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Carter is spot on but the normal look at me pedants on here think they look clever being contrary.

This forum just reeks of self appointed beardy quasi intellectuals who argue for the sake of it.

Well said Mr Carter, this sport is dying and most of its cheerleaders are on here.

Shame he lacked integrity when it come to finance, aye? But he’s fine to go throwing baseless accusations around about the judiciary, other clubs and referees. 

“Rather you than me” comes to mind when it comes Carter. 

42 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I think every single time Carter has shot from the hip about something in public it's tended to be ill-advised or inaccurate. I don't see anything to suggest this isn't more of the same.

2 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Interesting that Carter failed to mention that he, along with all other Super League chairmen, agreed the disciplinary procedure just a couple of years ago. 

No-one agreed to the ###### that we see as a result of the MRP, because they are citing incidents well outside their remit.

the "judiciary" is an absolute joke  banning players is the wrong way to go as with havard at wigan banned for one match for an accumulation of warnings something that i don't think has ever happened before, surely a fine would be better hit him in the pocket and he will think twice next time also money in the the pocket for the skint rl.

fans have paid for a ficked up season and deserve to see the best players on the pitch if at all possible.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Totally agree with Mr Carter, but I consider his comments have a far deeper meaning than just what has been highlighted in this game, albeit I have not seen the incidents so I cannot comment on the individual cases, but what I will say is that this is just another brush stroke of the concerted effort of the sanitizing of the game into something that will have no resemblance whatsoever to Rugby League Football.

If how those incidents that have been described by those who witnessed them is correct then they are nothing more than what is part and parcel of Rugby League, it is happening in the NRL also and has Gus Gould says is the intention to drive spectators away from the sport?

I totally agree that pre-meditated incidents that cause injury should be severely punished, but some of the things being highlighted in the modern version of this sport as 'foul play' are taken all out of proportion, if it carries on the way it is it won't be that long before bodily contact is made illegal and player's will have an hanky tucked in their shorts to be removed by the opposition to effect a tackle.

I know there will be those on these pages who will take my opinion as a load of sh-ite, but each to their own opinions and mine is I am rapidly falling out with this sport especially at the top level in this country, the 'new' rules are making it anything but enjoyable, there is more cheating on the field than there has ever been, and the quality of our better players compared to those of just say just 20 years ago is very questionable, they say sports improves and gets better over time, I will say that Rugby League at the top level in the UK is in complete contradiction to that.

11 hours ago, M j M said:

I think every single time Carter has shot from the hip about something in public it's tended to be ill-advised or inaccurate. I don't see anything to suggest this isn't more of the same.

To be fair this seems to also apply to nearly every chairman in super league.

23 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree with Mr Carter, but I consider his comments have a far deeper meaning than just what has been highlighted in this game, albeit I have not seen the incidents so I cannot comment on the individual cases, but what I will say is that this is just another brush stroke of the concerted effort of the sanitizing of the game into something that will have no resemblance whatsoever to Rugby League Football.

If how those incidents that have been described by those who witnessed them is correct then they are nothing more than what is part and parcel of Rugby League, it is happening in the NRL also and has Gus Gould says is the intention to drive spectators away from the sport?

I totally agree that pre-meditated incidents that cause injury should be severely punished, but some of the things being highlighted in the modern version of this sport as 'foul play' are taken all out of proportion, if it carries on the way it is it won't be that long before bodily contact is made illegal and player's will have an hanky tucked in their shorts to be removed by the opposition to effect a tackle.

I know there will be those on these pages who will take my opinion as a load of sh-ite, but each to their own opinions and mine is I am rapidly falling out with this sport especially at the top level in this country, the 'new' rules are making it anything but enjoyable, there is more cheating on the field than there has ever been, and the quality of our better players compared to those of just say just 20 years ago is very questionable, they say sports improves and gets better over time, I will say that Rugby League at the top level in the UK is in complete contradiction to that.

In case you did not see it, I saw, as did thousands, a Giants player injured and treated beyond the touchline.  The referee still stopped play - on their own 10 metre line - and conveniently gave Giants a breather.  This is after lots of supposedly injured incidents which stopped play.   Lam complaining about it today.

Who was the Leeds player last week who got a yellow for a fair tackle on the shoulder?  It was fair, if it was  unfortunate so be it, but it was a consequence of the nature of the game.   As you suggest, the nature of the game is being stood in its head by hopeless arbitrary decision making.

Hastings 1 match man was a decision worthy Abbott and Costello.

For me its the inconsistency that seems to happen, not only from week to week but from game to game. There are near identical incidents that one week cop a ban and another don't even warrant a charge or a caution.

I don't have any issue with the disciplinary rules & criteria but I definately think there's a case for the RFL undertaking a review in how they're being applied 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

One of the sad things about getting older is realising that progress isn't irreversible. When you're younger you think idealistic stuff, like that Super League clubs will get more and more professional.

Then you see a club chairman ranting like a cheap Mick Gledhill on his club's website.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Then you see a club chairman ranting like a cheap Mick Gledhill on his club's website.

With supporters, players and writers all going, "Yeah, we're the sport that tells it like it is ..."

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

One of the sad things about getting older is realising that progress isn't irreversible. When you're younger you think idealistic stuff, like that Super League clubs will get more and more professional.

Gledhill and Carter doing a lock in at Belle Vue would make for great viewing. 

Archived