Michael Carter calls it as it is!

1 minute ago, lucky 7 said:

I really think that Carter should be using his energy to get a new ground built or a total refurb of Belle View

Firing off a statement does not take long.  Trying to figure out how 1 local authority can spread virtually nothing between 3 professional rugby league teams is a different matter.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

it would have been nice Eddie to show a couple of short ''ads'' mid evening in the two weeks leading up to the game. To make their + or - one standard deviation of their viewership aware that it was happening. 

The BBC definitely, I thought he meant the RFL.  

24 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Firing off a statement does not take long.  Trying to figure out how 1 local authority can spread virtually nothing between 3 professional rugby league teams is a different matter.

The club promised the RFL that it would have a new ground or a total refurb of Belle Vue over 20 years and still we wait

1 hour ago, lucky 7 said:

The club promised the RFL that it would have a new ground or a total refurb of Belle Vue over 20 years and still we wait

Tbf to Carter, he wasn’t there 20 years ago and getting money for a new ground is extremely difficult for any club who don’t have the support of the local council. 

On 18/07/2021 at 14:38, lucky 7 said:

The club has been trying its absolute hardest on that front. Nobody is more frustrated than the club and us trinity supporters.

Although not a total refurb since trinity have entered SL there has been substantial developments on the ground. Off top of my head:

1. Executive boxes were built.

2. New roof on North stand. 

3. New roof on West stand.

4. Refurbishment of Cats bar hospitality. New roof on cats bar. 

5. Required world resulting from health and safety (foundation works I think).

6. New flood lights installed this season. 

There has been various painting touch ups and I think purchase of a scoreboard to replace the old manual panels one.

Granted it’s not as extravagant as what we hope to put in place but there has been some effort from the club throwing money at the black hole known as Bell Vue. 

Here’s hoping the brand new east stand, resurface of north stand, new car park and new 4g pitch get the planning permission passed and the funding injection from the sources the club hope to attain them from.

There is no lack of trying to get some significant development over the line or frustration for that matter.

As a trinity fan I fear that if we don’t get the east stand passed and built we will find our sustainability for the Med-long term future difficult to secure from a financial perspective. Especially if we want to achieve some level of success on the field. All we can do is watch.

As for this incident I watched highlights and it was a push momentarily 0.2 seconds after ball released. To get a ban for that was utterly ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Trojan Horse said:

The club has been trying its absolute hardest on that front. Nobody is more frustrated than the club and us trinity supporters.

Although not a total refurb since trinity have entered SL there has been substantial developments on the ground. Off top of my head:

1. Executive boxes were built.

2. New roof on North stand. 

3. New roof on West stand.

4. Refurbishment of Cats bar hospitality. New roof on cats bar. 

5. Required world resulting from health and safety (foundation works I think).

6. New flood lights installed this season. 

There has been various painting touch ups and I think purchase of a scoreboard to replace the old manual panels one.

Granted it’s not as extravagant as what we hope to put in place but there has been some effort from the club throwing money at the black hole known as Bell Vue. 

Here’s hoping the brand new east stand, resurface of north stand, new car park and new 4g pitch get the planning permission passed and the funding injection from the sources the club hope to attain them from.

There is no lack of trying to get some significant development over the line or frustration for that matter.

As a trinity fan I fear that if we don’t get the east stand passed and built we will find our sustainability for the Med-long term future difficult to secure from a financial perspective. Especially if we want to achieve some level of success on the field. All we can do is watch.

As for this incident I watched highlights and it was a push momentarily 0.2 seconds after ball released. To get a ban for that was utterly ridiculous. 

Executive boxes were built in 2001 and the Wakefield couldn't pay for them and defaulted. In the end they were left as too expensive to remove. John Pearman's time at Trinity was legendary - couldn't quite land Jason Robinson and Lawrence Dallaggio sadly.

18 hours ago, Scubby said:

Executive boxes were built in 2001 and the Wakefield couldn't pay for them and defaulted. In the end they were left as too expensive to remove. John Pearman's time at Trinity was legendary - couldn't quite land Jason Robinson and Lawrence Dallaggio sadly.

I remember the Pearman era. Nearly finished the Trin off that did. Very much a speculate to accumulate  and when results didn’t come it all collapsed. Regardless of the complications around finances at least some progress was made with the stand/boxes. Probably the only good thing to come from that few years. 

2 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

I remember the Pearman era. Nearly finished the Trin off that did. Very much a speculate to accumulate  and when results didn’t come it all collapsed. Regardless of the complications around finances at least some progress was made with the stand/boxes. Probably the only good thing to come from that few years. 

It was bought on the never, never......... never, never.......... NEVER!

Just now, Trojan Horse said:

And your point? 

Wakefield have never shown any long term plan to improve themselves as an elite club. They should have lost their licence to Leigh or Featherstone at the time who were planning progressively for the future. Even with all the stays of execution they still have no plan.

30 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Wakefield have never shown any long term plan to improve themselves as an elite club. They should have lost their licence to Leigh or Featherstone at the time who were planning progressively for the future. Even with all the stays of execution they still have no plan.

Although Trinity have areas like all clubs they could have done better to say they lack a plan is utterly ridiculous and you have no foundation to make such a frivolous remark. I get a feeling no matter what is said you would not be convinced even by facts.

I could answer that with various facts on how trinity have contributed and grown since their inclusion into SL on the community, academy, player production, ground improvements, player camps, involvement in women’s rugby league etc (see listed on factual ground improvements made though obviously you chose to ignore). 

That however wouldnt fit in with your agenda which appears to be one of bitterness and full of spite towards anything trinity. 

Feel free to have your opinion. Trinity is not perfect and we may be one of the lower table clubs but we do deserve our place at the table in SL as things stand.

1 hour ago, Trojan Horse said:

Although Trinity have areas like all clubs they could have done better to say they lack a plan is utterly ridiculous and you have no foundation to make such a frivolous remark. I get a feeling no matter what is said you would not be convinced even by facts.

I could answer that with various facts on how trinity have contributed and grown since their inclusion into SL on the community, academy, player production, ground improvements, player camps, involvement in women’s rugby league etc (see listed on factual ground improvements made though obviously you chose to ignore). 

That however wouldnt fit in with your agenda which appears to be one of bitterness and full of spite towards anything trinity. 

Feel free to have your opinion. Trinity is not perfect and we may be one of the lower table clubs but we do deserve our place at the table in SL as things stand.

The Wakefield Trinity Foundation are doing great things.  

Up the Trin 

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Examples.

Lots of examples there’s lots going on, today at Belle Vue HMP Not 4 me and Gamcare were giving a presentation to children on a national citizen service programme that started yesterday.  Over 30000 food packs delivered to people in need during the pandemic. Partnership with many school academy trusts that’s growing all the time.  Disability RL including wheelchair RL, various training academies.  Training academies involving players.  Lots of good work going on we should be proud of.

Up the Trin  

19 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Over 30000 food packs delivered to people in need during the pandemic.

Isn't this called the big feed? 

I've seen a lot of this in the community and I think the club should be very proud of this. Well done Wakefield.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

11 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Yes mate, the big feed they’ve done a fantastic job.

James Stephenson is a fantastic guy, against the odds he’s almost single handedly dragged Wakefield’s Community Department to be one of the best in the country

• 3 weeks later...

£2k fine. Well deserved, his comments were in my view pretty moronic, seemed deliberately to pretend not to understand the disciplinary process that he himself had been involved in designing and stirred up **** conspiracy theories amongst an already paranoid supporter base.

Wakefield Trinity chief Michael Carter fined after criticising RFL match review panel

2 minutes ago, M j M said:

£2k fine. Well deserved, his comments were in my view pretty moronic, seemed deliberately to pretend not to understand the disciplinary process that he himself had been involved in designing and stirred up **** conspiracy theories amongst an already paranoid supporter base.

Wakefield Trinity chief Michael Carter fined after criticising RFL match review panel

The comments on the likes of facebook from fans are almost like bots on twitter. Generic 'RFL are killing the game' - these really are stock responses about literally anything that is posted about RL.

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The comments on the likes of facebook from fans are almost like bots on twitter. Generic 'RFL are killing the game' - these really are stock responses about literally anything that is posted about RL.

This sort of stuff together with the same people repeating over and over "the game is dead" worry more than a lot of the reality that is happening. I worry that it's starting to affect even rational people's perception of the sport. Someone in authority like Carter deliberately pandering to them is therefore particularly revolting.

On 14/07/2021 at 18:37, Agbrigg said:

So why hasn't the referee been suspended ? I did not see the game but Carter states non of the incidents were spotted at the time by the match officials. They obviously failed to do their job correctly if they missed three incidents that were serious enough to warrant one game suspensions.

Interesting take on it. 

I haven't seen the game either, but would love to see some video footage.

You have definitely got me thinking about this one!

21 minutes ago, M j M said:

This sort of stuff together with the same people repeating over and over "the game is dead" worry more than a lot of the reality that is happening. I worry that it's starting to affect even rational people's perception of the sport. Someone in authority like Carter deliberately pandering to them is therefore particularly revolting.

It wouldn't surprise me if they really are generated by a bot or some form or malicious, malignant AI designed to sway public opinion against us.

Remember the scandal of Cambridge Analytica?

If they can sway the electorate in some African countries and so they say, get Trump elected, then undermining SL/RFL would be child's play.

I believe there are a few Anti RL elements, ''installed'' in this forum, with that very agenda.

Many and varied are the ways of the dark side.

1 minute ago, fighting irish said:

I believe there are a few Anti RL elements, ''installed'' in this forum, with that very agenda.

I'm shocked, shocked to find that anti-Rugby League trolling is going on in here.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

I'm shocked, shocked to find that anti-Rugby League trolling is going on in here.

I wonder, in my quiet moments, what are we going to do about it?

I wonder if Cambridge Analytica, do cash jobs?

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Yup - hopefully he'll engage brain next time

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived