Jump to content

Wed 25 Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)


Who will win?  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Wigan Warriors
      14
    • Leeds Rhinos
      15

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/21 at 19:15

Recommended Posts

Lam's reported comments on BBC are very flat:

It's tough. When you don't have confidence, you don't have cohesion and you just start playing on your own.

"We look like a rudderless ship. Our spine and key players are not combining well. We seem to have a different full-back each week, it makes it really hard to build any momentum

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hopefully we don't make the play offs then we can regroup, rethink, rebuild and reset.

the great thing is though Wigan are once again proving to be the club that brings the headlines.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's bad enough seeing 'fans' slagging off the game; do we need it from current players too?

 

 

  • Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I think it’s a given that Lockers will be Wigan coach at some point, it’s just a question of who fills the gap in the meantime.

 

Thats been decided, unless there is a change of heart, and is another reason for many fans discontent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

It's bad enough seeing 'fans' slagging off the game; do we need it from current players too?

 

 

That'll be the Alex Sutcliffe about whom it is said, "Who?"

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Isaac Asimov

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Padge said:

Hopefully we don't make the play offs then we can regroup, rethink, rebuild and reset.

the great thing is though Wigan are once again proving to be the club that brings the headlines.

Agree on all points. This season is a write-off for the game anyway, and for us definitely.

  • Like 1

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Isaac Asimov

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Damien said:

Thats been decided, unless there is a change of heart, and is another reason for many fans discontent. 

If as rumoured Peet gets the job,it will be a huge statement that the club is excepting mediocrity,he’ll simply be a “yes” man who won’t speak out against the clubs shambolic  player retention/recruitment policies.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

If as rumoured Peet gets the job,it will be a huge statement that the club is excepting mediocrity,he’ll simply be a “yes” man who won’t speak out against the clubs shambolic  player retention/recruitment policies.

Good grief. Not a serious rumour, I trust.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Isaac Asimov

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Apparently the first time Wigan have been nilled at home since this beautiful thing in 1991.

 

Yeah but we went onto win the 3 major trophies that year,we won’t win 3 more games this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah but we went onto win the 3 major trophies that year,we won’t win 3 more games this year.

Pah your so-called major trophies pale compared to our moral victory in that game.

Edit - I'll add that, to this day, 19 is one of my lottery numbers because of this match.

Edited by M j M
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Pah your so-called major trophies pale compared to our moral victory in that game.

Edit - I'll add that, to this day, 19 is one of my lottery numbers because of this match.

72-6 later on in the same season.

Offiah 10 tries.

I went to both games.

Championship, Challenge Cup and Premiership pale compared to Loiners' moral victory. Fair enough.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Says it all.

 

I don't often agree with Koukash but as an advert for the game between 2 top 6 teams looking for a GF challenge then it was embarrassing. Terrible game by 2 very average sides. I reckon either of those teams would get a good spanking by the Canterbury Bulldogs and they're complete doggy doo in the NRL !!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

St.Helens - The Home of Rugby Champions

Saints Men's team - Triple Champions & Double Winners ; Saints Women's team - Treble Winners ; Thatto Heath - National Conference Champions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wigan Riversider said:

72-6 later on in the same season.

Offiah 10 tries.

I went to both games.

Championship, Challenge Cup and Premiership pale compared to Loiners' moral victory. Fair enough.

When things are looking  bleak ... Reminisce 

 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...