The Cornwall RLFC Thread

9 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

spacer.png

Give Cornwall a chance. If it works, we have a brand new catchment area and a few thousand new Rugby League fans. If it doesn't, what have we really lost in the grand scheme of things?

Credibility 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

25 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Love the fact there's a chough on the badge. Looks great.

I suspect Gary Schofield won't be choughed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Transparency is going to be key if this is to get the buy in from fellow League 1 clubs/ the wider rugby league community.

Is an agreement in place for the club to move into Stadium for Cornwall upon its completion?

What is the club's plans for grassroots and junior rugby league in the region?

What discussions have taken place with key regional stakeholders (Cornish Pirates, Cornwall Council, Exeter Uni etc)? 

What is the strategy for player recruitment? Local union players, existing League 1 players, mixture of both? 

I'd love this to work but, for it to, the RFL must have done their due diligence and be able to present a business case to more sceptical members.

18 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Transparency is going to be key if this is to get the buy in from fellow League 1 clubs/ the wider rugby league community.

Is an agreement in place for the club to move into Stadium for Cornwall upon its completion?

What discussions have taken place with key regional stakeholders (Cornish Pirates, Cornwall Council, Exeter Uni etc)? 

What is the strategy for player recruitment? Local union players, existing League 1 players, mixture of both? 

I'd love this to work but, for it to, the RFL must have done their due diligence and be able to present a business case to more sceptical members.

Player recruitment for mine must be predominantly southern, maybe some London born players too and Is Bob Beswick still playing. ☺️☺️

Edited by Mumby Magic

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

19 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Maybe existing clubs should be asked those kinds of questions too

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Maybe existing clubs should be asked those kinds of questions too

They should be asked if there's an agreement in place for them to play at a fictitious stadium?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Copa said:

What’s “rugby league” in Cornish?

Rugby in Cornish is "rugbi" so it would probably make sense to put the Roman numerals after it, "Rugbi XIII".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes. Preferably they should also back it up with some lovely watercolour designs too.

Agreed. Although I do like a nice bit of CAD showing happy fans arriving by bike, bus and walking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

They should be asked if there's an agreement in place for them to play at a fictitious stadium?

It is name checked in the press releases. Obviously it has not been built yet and still appears to be seeking the required funding.

That is the whole point of asking these questions. It is Eric Perez and the RFL's job to do the due diligence/business plan, not mine. 

Just now, Ray Cashmere said:

It is name checked in the press releases. Obviously it has not been built yet and still appears to be seeking the required funding.

That is the whole point of asking these questions. It is Eric Perez and the RFL's job to do the due diligence/business plan, not mine. 

I'm not asking you to. And, based on past experience, Perez won't ever do one either.