Toulouse imploding

22 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Sounds like he’s still at Toulouse and going to play in Super League 

B1070146-D838-473D-B259-D933BB0808AE.jpeg

The Novak playbook is alive and well.

Glad for Toulouse that they have a key player available

• Like 1

Houles made it known that covid had closed them down for a week or more before the game against the Dragons. Springer was injured I think and Vaivia had only just recently arrived back from Down Under.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Great news. Experience will be key for TO this year. The loss of Ford is less of an issue with Kheillerah back in play. 

Any confirmation if they’ve lost anyone else? If Vaivai, Springer et al are available, the disruption isn’t too great. TO may well remain competitive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Well looks like Kheirallah might be featuring this weekend and this season after all, judging by his insta account. He got covid in January and so presumably proof of recovery is sufficient 

Only a 4 month pass. He still needs to be vaccinated for the future. And if he refuses to do that I am sure the club won't play him as it would be too much to invest in him knowing they have to change the team in 4 months time

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Well looks like Kheirallah might be featuring this weekend and this season after all, judging by his insta account. He got covid in January and so presumably proof of recovery is sufficie

Double post

Edited by kiggy
Double poat

The pass will probably disappear before April just in time for the French elections when they will give us our freedom back just  to show how well they handled the situation and convince everyone to vote for him again. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Losing Ford is a bonus. Never SL quality.

I think he was, and other SL clubs did as they tried to lure him away from TO.

Moot point, as we will never know now.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I think at the Dragons last week Toulouse only used 17 players and the Dragons 23/25.

They will pick up some wins for sure in the summer especially nowadays when most teams fly in and out same day (Madness)

Paul

What fact is that based on, that it is madness to fly in and out in a day?  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I think at the Dragons last week Toulouse only used 17 players and the Dragons 23/25.

They will pick up some wins for sure in the summer especially nowadays when most teams fly in and out same day (Madness)

Paul

I'm not sure of this fly-in-fly-out-same-day now. TO won't foot the charter jet as it's too expensive. From a TO perspective they are going back to flying scutter air so will be spending the weekend travelling

1 minute ago, kiggy said:

I think he was, and other SL clubs did as they tried to lure him away from TO.

Moot point, as we will never know now.

Which SL club was in for Ford? 

By his own admission, he said he didn't want to conform to the covid & Club requirements due to it affecting his chosen lifestyle.  

18 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

What fact is that based on, that it is madness to fly in and out in a day?  

So (According to one club) leave home at 6 airport 7/8 depart 8-30 arrive in France 12 (Remember + 1 hour)  match 3/4/5 o clock.

Old days it was a nice 3 days at the golf club in St Cyprien fly in Thursday leave Sunday.

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

20 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

So (According to one club) leave home at 6 airport 7/8 depart 8-30 arrive in France 12 (Remember + 1 hour)  match 3/4/5 o clock.

Old days it was a nice 3 days at the golf club in St Cyprien fly in Thursday leave Sunday.

Paul

And sometimes, later, 1800ish kick offs.

I never saw clubs arriving on a thursday for a Saturday game.  Friday, normally. 

4 days costs for a group of players and backroom staff (28?) is a big hit and i think it was just that.  Cost. 

34 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

And sometimes, later, 1800ish kick offs.

I never saw clubs arriving on a thursday for a Saturday game.  Friday, normally. 

4 days costs for a group of players and backroom staff (28?) is a big hit and i think it was just that.  Cost. 

Once now 2 times a year, come on its either Super League or Mickey Mouse League 30 staff max for 3 nights including flights will be around 12/15K if a club moans at that they they really should not be in SL simple as that.

Paul

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Once now 2 times a year, come on its either Super League or Mickey Mouse League 30 staff max for 3 nights including flights will be around 12/15K if a club moans at that they they really should not be in SL simple as that.

Paul

Cost of a charter flight in-out is around 30k. Much cheaper staying a couple of nights with hotels and normal flights. 

14 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

You’ve quoted a fair few things in your time on here Paul without substance when asked so it’s quite reasonable to be challenged when saying it’s madness to fly in and out in a day.

Clubs might just consider that player recovery is not as jeopardised as was once thought of the 1 day trips.  They might also have considered whether players lazing around a golf hotel/club or hotel in Spain was good for retaining energy levels.  
Some clubs complained about the Mas DHuston noise levels from late events that were not notified to them.

• Like 1