Today

DEANO

with the swirling wind at our backs we didnt make enough impact in the 1st half, then with the wind in leighs favour in the 2nd half they showed us how to kick smart n run hard. i agree 100% with fordys post match comments on radio york, we played 'daft' in the 2nd half and kept on doing the wrong things over n over again. he seemed well hacked off with a couple of players he did not name.

...i have to add that i was pretty distracted by the main stand roof in the first half which was flapping up n down like a tablecloth in the wind at times, is it supposed to do that??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leigh by far the better team. No complaints from me. What I will say though is that ours is a contact sport and some of the penalties been dished out are ridiculous at best that said the sun binning was a straight red all day long

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

First half great effort. Second half dreadful. I know they will have spent twice as much as us, but I do worry about our creativity and sixth tackle option. To me it’s been poor for over  two years now.  I thought the lad who came on for them in the second half at dummy half did a great job. Really injected himself into the game. As many have said, Mellor was outstanding in the second half. Sorry PP, but as our marquee signing you really have to do much better. About four or five drives and a handful of tackles is a poor return.  And for me Thompson was MOM.  Apart from one fumble he took them on time after time and never takes a backward step in defence. 

Thought at half time we were the better team, more composed in defence and decent in attack. Leigh offered nothing really and we could have easily gone in 8-0 up so I fancied our chances in the second half.

Second half we were dreadful, poor choices made all over the field especially from senior players and Leigh were very good with Mellor running the show. Some dubious decisions by the ref but we did more than enough damage to ourselves.

James Clare's sin binning was more than justified and could quite easily have been a sending off. No need whatsoever for him to do it and he'll probably get another ban for that. Not our problem though so lol @ Cas sending a player on loan throughout a 3 match ban to effectively reduce it to 2 SL games then him probably copping another 3 for tackling like a clown.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

18 hours ago, Nearenough said:

i agree 100% with fordys post match comments on radio york, we played 'daft' in the 2nd half and kept on doing the wrong things over n over again. he seemed well hacked off with a couple of players he did not name.

...i have to add that i was pretty distracted by the main stand roof in the first half which was flapping up n down like a tablecloth in the wind at times, is it supposed to do that??

Lot to be gleaned, between the lines, from Fordy's post match - 'why was there 15 metres space around James Clare?'  'players who don't understand our systems or if they do they weren't using them'.

Probably tells you everything you need to know - just transpose that on to the defence in that second half and the players who were supposed to be looking after Mellor on the right side of the Centurions attack.

And I would have been quite happy for the stand roof to have blown away never to be seen again and have the Bootham Crescent roof grafted on - at least it kept you dry! 😆

1 hour ago, andyacko said:

Lot to be gleaned, between the lines, from Fordy's post match - 'why was there 15 metres space around James Clare?'  'players who don't understand our systems or if they do they weren't using them'.

Probably tells you everything you need to know - just transpose that on to the defence in that second half and the players who were supposed to be looking after Mellor on the right side of the Centurions attack.

And I would have been quite happy for the stand roof to have blown away never to be seen again and have the Bootham Crescent roof grafted on - at least it kept you dry! 😆

Good point Andy , the roof is probably the best thing to discuss after walking away Shell shocked after a very dominant Leigh performance , I know there's the odd one but most prefer to watch from the sides rather than the ends ,  Surely opening both east and west stands would be sensible , all season protection from rain , wind and sun , take your choice .😀😀😀

19 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

First half great effort. Second half dreadful. I know they will have spent twice as much as us, but I do worry about our creativity and sixth tackle option. To me it’s been poor for over  two years now.  I thought the lad who came on for them in the second half at dummy half did a great job. Really injected himself into the game. As many have said, Mellor was outstanding in the second half. Sorry PP, but as our marquee signing you really have to do much better. About four or five drives and a handful of tackles is a poor return.  And for me Thompson was MOM.  Apart from one fumble he took them on time after time and never takes a backward step in defence. 

Think the knights have a real problem with PP who goes missing for long periods of the game,think we need to use more in the middle for shorter periods of the game and then might see the best of him.

29 minutes ago, Puk said:

Think the knights have a real problem with PP who goes missing for long periods of the game,think we need to use more in the middle for shorter periods of the game and then might see the best of him.

He'll be going missing for 3 games from this week anyway.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 hours ago, andyacko said:

As you know Andy, Pat and I sit just across from you and we were talking about the media accomodation. How you and Mick coped in those conditions yesterday was amazing. We were asking the question 'why on earth aren't you on the back row'.  With all the wires and stuff around you must make it potentially dangerous in the wet as well as rediculously uncomfortable. It's bad enough just being a spectator never mind doing your job in it, what with all the soggy team sheets and notes etc. It's a nice stadium but in our opinion, unfortunately, it's built the wrong way round. In the summer sun, (remember that!). sat in the main (East) stand, you get frazzled and blinded and in the rain, blowing on the normally prevailing westerly wind, you get soaked unless you're one of the fortunate ones in the rear half a dozen rows

Without a doubt, we agree with Georgeb1 when he suggests giving fans a choice by opening the West stand and an end one but unfortunately anyone with a Premier season ticket who wants to use the Premier lounge and facilities is stuck with the East stand.

1 hour ago, Clarence Street said:

As you know Andy, Pat and I sit just across from you and we were talking about the media accomodation. How you and Mick coped in those conditions yesterday was amazing. We were asking the question 'why on earth aren't you on the back row'.  With all the wires and stuff around you must make it potentially dangerous in the wet as well as rediculously uncomfortable. It's bad enough just being a spectator never mind doing your job in it, what with all the soggy team sheets and notes etc. It's a nice stadium but in our opinion, unfortunately, it's built the wrong way round. In the summer sun, (remember that!). sat in the main (East) stand, you get frazzled and blinded and in the rain, blowing on the normally prevailing westerly wind, you get soaked unless you're one of the fortunate ones in the rear half a dozen rows

Without a doubt, we agree with Georgeb1 when he suggests giving fans a choice by opening the West stand and an end one but unfortunately anyone with a Premier season ticket who wants to use the Premier lounge and facilities is stuck with the East stand.

Thanks John. It was pretty farcical yesterday with notes blown away, scribbled notes that you then couldn't read etc and the electrical kit covered by an old Tshirt. I had to dry the kit afterwards as when I was packing up, we got the very worst of the weather, blowing in, of course,

If I thought that it would be allowed I would run a long cable out of the network sockets (fixed so it wasn't a trip hazard of course) and commentate from the top concourse. I was talking to Jacob from The Press after the game and he said that he worked from up there yesterday and player recognition was much easier too. It's certainly character-building at the moment!

They have moved the post match Knights TV interviews indoors currently but James, bless him, still turns out and stands in the freezing cold and rain answering my and Jacob's questions. Indebted to his patience and understanding, we are.

1 hour ago, Puk said:

A little bird tells me we might have a familiar solid second row on his way.

4 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

It's a nice stadium but in our opinion, unfortunately, it's built the wrong way round. In the summer sun, (remember that!). sat in the main (East) stand, you get frazzled and blinded and in the rain, blowing on the normally prevailing westerly wind, you get soaked unless you're one of the fortunate ones in the rear half a dozen rows

Of course, Huntington Stadium had exactly the same problematical layout. Was there a reason for that? Those sitting in the main stand (paying the highest admission price) were obliged to squint into the afternoon sun. Much better - standing - on the covered terrace opposite! Whenever I went to watch a game at Huntington, that was my vantage point of choice.

I guess, at the LNER, the west stand will be used only when something like a capacity crowd is threatened.

The further a stand roof pitches out beyond the seats or terracing steps it's supposed to shelter, the more expensive the structure becomes. Was money saved on the LNER by having shallow roofs?

Why media facilities aren't at the back of the (east) stand beggars belief. I'm struggling to think of any other stand - traditional or modern - with media facilities down towards the front.

Archived