• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Do Wakefield have floodlights?

The best in the competition.  Why you ask?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

11 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Yes, brand new and state of the art, thinks its the camera adapting to the contrast as live there is no issue

Does anything sum up an RL fan more than whining about floodlights after seeing a fantastic piece of skill. Such a miserable existence. 

Every week I keep my fingers, toes and anything else I can find crossed that this lad stays fit. He’s special and we don’t produce enough players we can put in that bracket. I’m hoping we can get to the World Cup in Winter and throw lads like Tomkins, Johnstone, Connor, Welsby, Williams and Dodds at the Australians. They all have an X factor about them and are forming part of an unheralded English backline. 

This was pretty much right in front of me. Oh ######, I thought, he's in touch (Toulouse had been doing that all night). Wonderful piece of skill to keep it in play but the TO players were not amused. I wonder what a video ref would have thought?

7 hours ago, wilsontown said:

This was pretty much right in front of me. Oh ######, I thought, he's in touch (Toulouse had been doing that all night). Wonderful piece of skill to keep it in play but the TO players were not amused. I wonder what a video ref would have thought?

Would have probably thought what a belting try that is. Nothing wrong with it and gets thrown backwards while he’s in mid air. He leaps in the field too. Think it’s just a case of appreciating some good skill.

7 hours ago, wilsontown said:

It looked fine to me. Pretty sure he got rid of it in time.

8 hours ago, wilsontown said:

but the TO players were not amused. I wonder what a video ref would have thought?

The Toulouse players, Gigot in particular, disputed virtually all the decisions that went against them as did we. 😉

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

16 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Looked like he landed on Doncaster Road to me…

What an extraordinary talent, if he stays fit, he’s the best winger in the country by a margin in my opinion. 

Tommy Makinson has an excellent injury record, why are you talking about him on a thread about Tom Johnstone?

9 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Who's this Jughead?

He's come on this thread and I don't think he's actually discussed the topic.

Is he just a troll?

There’s some real touchy individuals about. I was simply enquiring about Wakefield having floodlights as the lighting for that Johnstone moment is frankly abysmal for any elite sports club. I’ve not been to Wakefield for an evening game for a few years now, so it was a genuine question about why it’s so dark in the corners of that stadium. 

Let us celebrate a guy who has come back from injury time and time again and is still killing it. He is dynamite and should be a certainty in the England 17 if fit.

The easy thing to say is he should go at to a bigger club, but let's remember Trinity stood by him year in year out when he was on the sidelines.

7 minutes ago, Jughead said:

There’s some real touchy individuals about. I was simply enquiring about Wakefield having floodlights as the lighting for that Johnstone moment is frankly abysmal for any elite sports club. I’ve not been to Wakefield for an evening game for a few years now, so it was a genuine question about why it’s so dark in the corners of that stadium. 

Best sidestep since Jason Robinson was in his pomp.

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

IF fit he’s got to play in the World Cup along with an ever increasing number of young exciting players emerging,we won’t get anywhere with a 34yr old Ryan Hall or the likes of Lyne,Sarginson etc.

So why are they clogging up the wider squad I really don't get it? What is the point of playing these guys in the Combined game? Watching Ryan Hall try and chase down a player in Hull KR's opening game was like me trying to catch the burger van before they put the shutters down.

You should also be naming NRL players in the squad even if they are unavailable to play. Players like Farnworth, Thompson, Burgess, Whitehead should be included - this was a key to McNamara's stint as England coach - inclusiveness.

Gareth Southgate refused to put older England players in the squad for the sake of it. I would rather see Gannon, Newman, Wynne, Lewis, Paul getting a taste of the England camp than has beens and never going to bees.

Johnstone is an absolute no brainer!!

Having watched every game of the NRL first round this weekend I can confidently say that we are not going to win the World Cup without the creativity and skill of the likes of Connor and the athleticism of Johnstone.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Having watched every game of the NRL first round this weekend I can confidently say that we are not going to win the World Cup without the creativity and skill of the likes of Connor and the athleticism of Johnstone.

Yes completion rates and press aren't going to cut it - we need creativity and x-factor. And it won't just be the Aussies we need to fear. Samoa is a huge banana skin based on the side they can put out.

Archived