Jump to content

Good news Wakey Stadium


Recommended Posts


There is a full press release on the wakey website. It doesn't mention time scales but as the demolition of the stand will start mid season it's safe to assume they will be cracking on pretty fast.

Look it's not what the club was promised all those years back but it's still positive. The ground is back in ownership plus the car park and old superbowl land. New floodlights are already installed. 

My understanding is a makeover and improved terracing on the north stand. New east stand and possibly a bit more development around the cats bar. Ok it's it's not a complete rebuild but it's nevertheless a vast improvement. Not only that ,we are not reliant on the whim of a football club or other third party, so will be more secure than some. 

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Seriously, how petty.

Yeah from a supporter of a team that has to share a football stadium. Fartown back in the 70s/80s was a bigger dump than Belle View. Glad to hear your good news.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Planning now sorted, funds in place, work to start 4th July.

Fantastic news for Trin!

In fact, it's such massive news that I bet they even have fireworks and celebrations in the States.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

There is a full press release on the wakey website. It doesn't mention time scales but as the demolition of the stand will start mid season it's safe to assume they will be cracking on pretty fast.

Look it's not what the club was promised all those years back but it's still positive. The ground is back in ownership plus the car park and old superbowl land. New floodlights are already installed. 

My understanding is a makeover and improved terracing on the north stand. New east stand and possibly a bit more development around the cats bar. Ok it's it's not a complete rebuild but it's nevertheless a vast improvement. Not only that ,we are not reliant on the whim of a football club or other third party, so will be more secure than some. 

 

Is the plan for people still to be looking at players shins down the sideline?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Fantastic news. This will certainly help to give Wakefield a much brighter future.

The stadium upgrade and the cinema finally being knocked down will finally bring Wakefield into the noughties

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Good news,what’s the timescale to complete the redevelopment.

IIRC, the redevelopment of the north stand was to be complete ahead of 23 season. The new East stand would be longer, maybe back end of 23 season but perhaps not finished until the start of 24 season

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Yeah from a supporter of a team that has to share a football stadium. Fartown back in the 70s/80s was a bigger dump than Belle View. Glad to hear your good news.

It's a community stadium not a football stadium and we part own it, not share and it's Belle VUE, and Fartown was better in the 80's than Belle VUE is now 😜 

4/10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, meast said:

Lighten up, it's a running joke amongst RL fans, you know like the shudds thing that Wakefield fans are weirdly obsessed with.

It would have gone down better in Barnsley

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, meast said:

It's a community stadium not a football stadium and we part own it, not share and it's Belle VUE, and Fartown was better in the 80's than Belle VUE is now 😜 

4/10

Is that why you only part fill it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It would have gone down better in Barnsley

Better plan than that Scubby.

Barnsley to start their own RL team, against all the odds get into SL. Then trash them,asset strip their best players,swipe their funding. Sorted 👍😊

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Depends on how long it takes to sharpen the coloured pencils  

Will take you even longer to sharpen your wit, if that's the best you can do

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...