Challenge Cup Final Entertainment

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two very, very opposite ends of the spectrum there. Jones is classy, quality and quite inspiring. Simmons is annoying, loud and irritating. 

Lizzie Jones’ performance at Wembley a few months after, and not so many miles   from where Danny passed, was sensational. I’ve not seen as many grown men in tears as Abide With Me that day. Conversely, I had the displeasure of sampling Simmons and Wayne Godwin in BoxPark prior to the 2019 final and a barmaid served me and asked me “does anyone find him funny?” and “is he okay?” regarding Godwin.

If Simmons is doing DJ duty and absolutely nothing else, it might not be too awful.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

. Maybe Spurs have booked him to get people in the stands earlier to drink and eat.

If I was Spurs, I’d have him on the pitch. That way people will be spending more time on the concourse boozing and eating to avoid him. 

Martin Offiah is a DJ and does gigs all over the UK. If they wanted that they could have had someone who is iconic with the RL Challenge Cup final.

Simmonds FFS. I'm surprised we couldn't get Terry O'Connor doing community singing like it was in the 1970s and 80s?

Archived