Match thread: Championship Rd 7. Featherstone Rovers v Sheffield. Sunday 3rd April 2022.

marklaspalmas

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to Sunday, a month since we had a home game.

Might be Thackery's last time at POR. Think he retires at end of year? Was good for us and although a little older still needs watching. 

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

1 hour ago, PonteBlue said:

Looking forward to Sunday, a month since we had a home game.

Might be Thackery's last time at POR. Think he retires at end of year? Was good for us and although a little older still needs watching. 

Enjoyed watching Thackery when he played for us.

With the squad announced I reckon the team will look something like

1. Kheirallah

2. Briscoe

3. Leilua

4. Hardcastle

5. Hall

6. Smith

7. Jacks

8. Lockwood

9. Wildie

10. Cooper

11. Helliwell

12. Moors

13. Bussey

Subs

14 Jones

15. Kopczak

16. Davies

17. Cuthbertson

Don’t think you’ll be far off there. I might start Davies instead of Helliwell just to make sure we win the early arm wrestle. Maybe bring Trout in and give Locky a rest.

It’s interesting to see that Big Mac doesn’t seem to give Trout and Helliwell much game time. Also Cooper couldn’t really get a start last year but I think he’s played every week so far this season. 

Seems like Holmes is complete out of the equation. He has 1 bad game and appears now to be out in the cold. 

33 minutes ago, haskey said:

Seems like Holmes is complete out of the equation. He has 1 bad game and appears now to be out in the cold. 

I like Tom, good player. Who do you drop to replace him though? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

As others have said - there are strong cases to be made for all four of our halves and there probably isn't a huge deal between them. Whichever two aren't picked, you can make a case they're unlucky.

Jacks - steadily finding his feet, vast NRL experience and quality, likely to continue to improve as he gets more familiar with his team mates

Smith - steady all season, reliable and defends quite well, not really done anything to warrant being dropped

Chisholm - dynamic talisman when he's at his best, can change a game on his own

Holmes - quality player at this level, can really get his attack moving when at his best

We can only realistically play two. Neither Holmes nor Chisholm were at their best when last seen, so the other two are the incumbents for now.

Agree with that Holmes is bottom of the pecking order without having chance to stake a claim.Jacks will get better with game time and i think we need to play him.Like you say Smith has done nothing wrong so deserves his place.Hopefully Chizzy can be on the bench for some games and if the game needs changing come on.A good position for the club to be in if we can keep at least three happy.

22 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Matthiou, whose dad Jamie played for Ireland, put a picture of an Irish passport on his Instagram this morning from the passport office in Dublin with the message "secured", so I guess that's what the wait has been for.

Spotters Badge for that.

10 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As others have said - there are strong cases to be made for all four of our halves and there probably isn't a huge deal between them. Whichever two aren't picked, you can make a case they're unlucky.

Jacks - steadily finding his feet, vast NRL experience and quality, likely to continue to improve as he gets more familiar with his team mates

Smith - steady all season, reliable and defends quite well, not really done anything to warrant being dropped

Chisholm - dynamic talisman when he's at his best, can change a game on his own

Holmes - quality player at this level, can really get his attack moving when at his best

We can only realistically play two. Neither Holmes nor Chisholm were at their best when last seen, so the other two are the incumbents for now.

I have a feeling that he's trying to build a virtually impregnable defence, and for that Smith and Jacks have to be first choice?

Thought Kheirellah had a decent debut today and Leilua and Jacks seem to be slowly getting there in terms of form 

Good to see Koppy back too

Thought are GLD was abysmal in that second half but a probable drop off in standards is expected considering last weeks game

Think some of them need this week off just to recharge and get ready for Barrow a week on Friday

25 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Thought Kheirellah had a decent debut today and Leilua and Jacks seem to be slowly getting there in terms of form 

Good to see Koppy back too

Thought are GLD was abysmal in that second half but a probable drop off in standards is expected considering last weeks game

Think some of them need this week off just to recharge and get ready for Barrow a week on Friday

Yup on all points. But that goal line defense was sheeite today.

Sounds crapola whinging when we've score 44.... but it is concerning

Kheirellah had a fairly reasonable first game, considering he has not played this season, Leilua went well although he was hobbling a bit particularly in the first half. Jacks for me should get more involved. Usual whole hearted display from Briscoe. 4 tries for them showed our goal line  defence  was poor and at times absolute ######. A bit of a worry as the season goes along. Look like Hardcastle has done his hammy again ?

Week off and we need it.

All the players worked hard and i couldn't pick out any that had a poor game.Kheirallah had a pleasing debut putting himself about.Smith showed why he keeps the shirt with a good game in attack and defence.and Briscoe finished off his chances well.Surprised Jones didn't get a bit more time as Wildie was ok but never really created much.Hope Hardcastle is not out too long with his injury.Can't undestand why he was not playing in the centre he would have walked a try when Helliwell was held up.Thought Eagles halves Thack's and Farrell played very well with a lot of energy and ball movement.They would be more dangerous with a couple of big forwards in the pack however they did damage wide of the middle.Jacks showed steady flashes of class without getting involved in the full 80 min.Quite a few mistakes but i enjoyed the game.And the pitch was in near perfect condition for Rugby League.

Archived