Championship & L1 2022 mid-season pickups

Corey Aston on a short term loan back to Sheffield from Fax.

A possible replacement for Thackeray next season?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

18 hours ago, DavidM said:

It’s getting faintly ridiculous in order for one side to beat the other side ! 

I think its brilliant that 2 teams are competing like this and splashing money about. Yeah its a shame for the rest of us but its a great chance to see some fantastic talent in the championship.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tim2 said:

He had done better than I expected for us this season but he is no Louis Jouffret and once the dry grounds came he looked out of place in our attack. Makes sense for him to go and get some game time.

Catalans prop Matthieu Cozza to Barrow on an initial 28 day loan, bit of a french flavour there this season with Miloudi, Escare and now Cozza in the side at different points in time.

Edited by UTK

On 08/06/2022 at 11:16, tim2 said:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, POR said:

Solid signing for Sheffield - a popular one with the fans.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

On 11/05/2022 at 11:30, Cardypaul said:result it leaves little option but to look further afield. 

I maintain the real reason for the state the game is in is Super Greed monopolising the money in the game for their own good rather than investing in the grassroots of the game.

This

9 hours ago, UTK said:

Cesar Rouge and Corentin Le Cam from Catalans head out on loan to Whitehaven for a month. 

Follows Matthieu Cozza heading out on loan to Barrow last week.

Luke Broadbent joins Haven from Warrington.

19 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Not breaking any rules but how many of the existing squad to Leigh and fev still have

Of the 1st day of the season 25 man squad Fev have 20 still there with 4 out on loan and one having left the Club. 5 players have joined (signed or loan) since the start of the season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Of the 1st day of the season 25 man squad Fev have 20 still there with 4 out on loan and one having left the Club. 5 players have joined (signed or loan) since the start of the season

Less than I thought 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

11 hours ago, Rockingchair said:

Oliver roberts released by Huddersfield to pursue championship move , guess we’ll find out soon enough which club .

The rumor seemed to be that he was off up Newcastle but with their coach just leaving maybe it adds a few question marks. I would take him at Fax as another big body but he has not really stood out so far for us.