Fri 13th May : SL : St Helens v Hull FC KO 8pm SKY

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Feel slightly sorry for the Hull pack. Backs let them down.

Severe lack of pace and know how.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, meast said:

It's a bit tiresome listening to the commentary team disagreeing or debating refereeing decisions, they should be commenting on what's happening in the game rather than voicing their personal opinions on the referee's decisions.

Exactly this. It’s not even big decisions or rare that they look at a decision in detail. It’s weekly, multiple times a game and it’s over the most minor of things and it’s tiresome, unwanted and adds to the “three hammered mates talking rubbish in a pub” vibe that they give off. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

That pass from Reynolds sums Hull up I am sorry to say. Their fans deserve better.

Quite a lot of our fans will be happy with this and thats our problem.

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 minutes ago, meast said:

It's a bit tiresome listening to the commentary team disagreeing or debating refereeing decisions, they should be commenting on what's happening in the game rather than voicing their personal opinions on the referee's decisions.

They comment on the game like they are in the pub watching on TV but with less insight and knowledge.

Worst TV commentary out there 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

So you think attackers should be allowed to tackle defenders?

So ball carriers aren't allowed to turn if there are defenders nearby? Congratulations, you've made hit and spins, drop offs, some side steps and some offloads illegal.

Your failure to understand what is being talked about is quite outstanding, or do you just fear a major tactic of your team may be negated.

Edited by Padge
  • Confused 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The effort was great. We really had them on the ropes at times in the first half. Execution was really poor at times. I can't be too disappointed but it does show us that we are still a little way off where we need to be. Although thats nothing we didn't already know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint 1 said:

You don't understand the game if you think attackers can be constrained in a way that their shoulders will never lead into a defender. Any attacker carrying into 3 defenders is leading with a shoulder into a defender. 

You once again show your failure to understand the discussion.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Exactly this. It’s not even big decisions or rare that they look at a decision in detail. It’s weekly, multiple times a game and it’s over the most minor of things and it’s tiresome, unwanted and adds to the “three hammered mates talking rubbish in a pub” vibe that they give off. 

"Noooo, Nevver, nevver" cried Baz at a Hull knock on, replay clearly showed a knock on by a Hull player.

"That's not a shoulder charge" while an opponent was laid flat out from a clear shoulder charge.

"That should be a card" before the referee dished a yellow out

"It might be a shoulder charge now but it was fine in my day"

Just STFU Baz!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ant said:

They comment on the game like they are in the pub watching on TV but with less insight and knowledge.

Worst TV commentary out there 

Absolutely no insight into anything that's happening, I know people complain about "Nobby" and others on the BBC for explaining this to any new viewers etc but at least they try and add a bit of insight and context, even if most regular RL fans know about it.

But apart from Jon Wells, who it seems is trying to be the controversial one on SKY these days, not one of them offer anything remotely insightful.

Just as I type this, Baz has just come out with "OOOOOOOOOOOOH" when another big collision occurs!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Please enlighten me then by pointing out the flaw in my logic. Don't attackers lead with a shoulder into a defender in virtually every tackle? Their shoulders can't vanish.

The flaw is in you don't understand what is being talked about.

Hull are once again showing a great ability to underperform.

Losing seemed to be the game plan.

• Like 1

I think Hull's problems would be eased without Connor, he seems to blow attacking positions continually. Either get rid or get him a good coach he will listen to.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hurrell's best performance in a red vee tonight. Pleased with Percival who looked good out of position. Paasi getting better by the week too.

The try on half time was a big moment in the match and when it got to two scores you sensed we would have too much.

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Was expecting a closer game but even a mid season off key Saints were far too good for Hull.

3 straight away defeats for the B&W's now.

You must have been gutted. 😉

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion.