Kai Pearce-Paul to the Newcastle Knights

Little squeaker at the end of this article about Farnworth seems to confirm Newcastle have signed KPP from Wigan. Would be a shame for him to leave SL - Wigan have problems with retention for sure. Also heard the Knights want Will Pryce too on various sites.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-league/dolphins-broncos-in-fight-for-farnworth-c-6845701

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/7741666/pryce-would-be-an-x-factor-signing-for-knights-dom-young/?cs=2503

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is disappointing when he is still way off playing to his full potential. No doubt Lenegan will do all his usual he is replaceable, he will come back type talk but it just doesn't wash anymore. Indeed it never did with me. 

However never mind from a Wigan point of view but this just isn't good news from a SL point of view. When we are talking about IMG and making the sport better being a 2nd rate feeder league makes that job much harder.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Well, history suggests he will come back in 18 months and be half the player he is now.

OR he could go and carve up, like Eliott Whitehead, Sam Burgess and Gaz Ellis... 

Edited by Gav Wilson
  • Like 9

I'm pretty sure Newcastle just want to have the tallest team they can find.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

44 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

He’s a quality youngster,.

Is that you, Terry?

• Haha 8

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Dallas Mead said:

He’s a quality youngster, sad for SL but why wouldn’t you go and earn (at least) twice as much in the sunshine in a bigger fish pond.

Take it you haven't been to Newcastle in Oz - makes the UK Newcastle look like paradise....

25 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Edrick's going to the Dolphins so it's one in one out.

Well, KPP has better hands than Edrick Lee. Then again, so did Desert Orchid.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, JM2010 said:

I'm looking forward to watching him in the NRL. There will be lots of KPPs, Dom Youngs, Will Pryces, Herbie Farnworths in the UK but more investment is needed in the community game so they can be discovered

Best of luck to him if true. Though it's sad for SL, and indicative of where SL clubs are at, that more young players, who look like having the potential to be stars of the game, see the NRL as a better place to progress and fulfil that potential.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

10 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Best of luck to him if true. Though it's sad for SL, and indicative of where SL clubs are at, that more young players, who look like having the potential to be stars of the game, see the NRL as a better place to progress and fulfil that potential.

Minimum SL wage for a squad player is £15k (A$27,000)

Minimum NRL wage for a squad player is £56k (A$100,000)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Is it just me , or has he not really impressed ?

It's just you. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

So you want clubs in the UK to spend money and  invest to find young British talent......so they can go and play NRL?? - not like NRL clubs pay transfer fees is it so whats in it for clubs investing money?

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

So you want clubs in the UK to spend money and  invest to find young British talent......so they can go and play NRL?? - not like NRL clubs pay transfer fees is it so whats in it for clubs investing money?

Only the same as some on here who want the lower tier clubs to invest in youth , so they can go and play in SL 

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Only the same as some on here who want the lower tier clubs to invest in youth , so they can go and play in SL 

To be fair if a player goes to SL its common for the SL team to play the lower league team in friendlys as part of the deal.