Sat 28th May: Challenge Cup Final: Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00 (BBC One)

Who will win?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more
    • Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/05/22 at 14:30

Just now, JohnM said:

So near and so far for Hudds. All credit to them,beaten only by a last minute spark of genius from Wigan.

Plenty more to come from Huddersfield in the next few years, as players like Will Pryce and the Senior brothers mature.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Plenty more to come from Huddersfield in the next few years, as players like Will Pryce and the Senior brothers mature.

Also Jake Wardle, Sam Hewitt, Jon Luke Kirby

I've followed this online, on the radio and on the TV - and the BBC have done a superb job across all those. Really top drawer coverage.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Matty Peet being thoroughly classy about Huddersfield. I can see that infuriating a certain obsessive minority.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Will Pryce yes, but the Senior twins, come on surely you cant be serious

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Desert Skipper said:

What happened to walking up some steps to collect the trophy? Can this not be done at Tottenham? 

They should have gone up on the gantry where the National Anthem was sung.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Matty Peet being thoroughly classy about Huddersfield. I can see that infuriating a certain obsessive minority.

Why do Wigan fans only get any pleasure from ranting about a load of people who don't exist?

Haven't you just won the cup?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Why do Wigan fans only get any pleasure from ranting about a load of people who don't exist?

Haven't you just won the cup?

Thank you.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

As tense of a cup final as you're likely to see. Could have gone either way. Looked a great occasion and wouldnt object to going back to Tottenham.

I assume Lolohea was kicking as Russell wasn't 100%. You win and lose as a team, but can't be denied that the misses were influential and some of them kickable. Thought McQueen was incredible.

Watson talks of building and I hope that's true. But you won't get a better chance to win a final than that and they couldn't finish the job.

Didn't think Wigan were at their best, but doesn't really matter. They came up with big plays at the critical times, which was the difference in the end. In amongst the drama, not sure Smith has got the credit he deserves for that assist for the winning try, you need serious bottle to pull that off.

4 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Will Pryce yes, but the Senior twins, come on surely you cant be serious

21 years old, they’re still young lads

Innes has played 49 times and scored 18 try’s 

Louis has played 18 times and scored 14 try’s 

• Like 2

Good game at what looked like a super venue . I thought Hudds were probably better overall but finals are just about winning and about taking your chances , and Wigan had the quality to make and take theirs from limited opportunities . I thought Hudds were a bit conservative and went into hold onto what we have a bit , when that game was there for them to take . The goal kicks were crucial , but overall they can say they can match the top teams in big games moving forward .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

I feel sorry for the Huddersfield players, for Ken Davy and Ian Watson.

I do not feel sorry for the Huddersfield public who don't much like Rugby League anyway.

I thought there was a good turnout from Huddersfield today, a lot more then i  expected.

• Like 2

Sounds like most who were there like the venue. Although the very word Wembley still has a buzz for me.

What was the attendance?

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Thank you.

Aren't you a Wigan fan who lives in North London? I may have misremembered that.

You must be having a great time. I must admit my first thoughts when my team won the cup weren't 'ooh I'll get on TRL and start trying to troll some random people but I won't name them'.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

7 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

So is Murphy, the young lad at Cas, Wrench at wire etc etc etc. The senior twins are no where mear any of those and never will be.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Aren't you a Wigan fan who lives in North London? I may have misremembered that.

You must be having a great time. I must admit my first thoughts when my team won the cup weren't 'ooh I'll get on TRL and start trying to troll some random people but I won't name them'.

But you ended up doing just that. Life is strange, sometimes. I hope that hat is a very comfortable fit.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Lovely stadium.

I get the feeling that Liam Marshall won't be the last RL player to score a try at this venue.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Sounds like most who were there like the venue. Although the very word Wembley still has a buzz for me.

What was the attendance?

I think I heard them say 51,000 on the radio?

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)