Sat 28th May: Challenge Cup Final: Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00 (BBC One)

Who will win?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more
    • Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/05/22 at 14:30

Such a close game to call IMO. I'm stumped why Huddersfield have a 7.5 start with a couple of bookies I've looked at. They have big game experience all over the place, they have a fantastic pack and a dangerous backline. I've said before that I think they have a chance of reaching Old Trafford, as well as potentially winning this. We will need to be every bit as good as we were in that Semi Final and anything less won't be enough. We've been off since that semi, so a lot will depend if we can get that momentum back. One area it does feel like we'll have the advantage is on the pace front and we do have that potential to score from deep in to our own half, so territory will be huge.

Too close to call and I'm sitting firmly on the fence. I'm looking forward to it. 

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Jai Field MOM

Probably.

We all remember the classic Offiah try v Leeds at Wembley, I have a feeling Field will do summat similar maybe more than once. How does the Tottenham pitch fare in comparison to the Wembley turf in size?, clearly the bigger the better for Field.

I hope both teams play to their full potential, could be a great final and I really hope there's nowt for either lot of speccies to bellyache about afterwards as regards the officiating.

Would also be great to see Field Marshall Bibby in the squad again, saw him in the team listing for Wigan in the SF v Saints but never heard him mentioned by his full name during play, maybe he got a late call up for the Army...

I'll go Giants 16 Pies 18.

• Haha 3
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

My Nan made me buy myself a new shirt for the Cup Final she said I can't wear those old things. I'm 32. 

Anyway I'm looking forward to the novelty factor of Tottenham but I'm not predicting anything results wise as I don't want to jinx it.

Edited by Nate90

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

James Child referee. No complaints from me, I thought he dipped for a few years but has re-emerged as one of the better referees. 

Actually I agree . Seen him a few times lately and he’s been very good 

Just make it a memorable game worthy of the occasion.

• Like 3

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Yep, pretty excited to see what Field can do on the big stage. A ding dong battle would be awesome to see.

I would like a last minute try to settle it, not bothered which side. The occasion needs that buzz, and it tends to make the news.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

Yep, pretty excited to see what Field can do on the big stage. A ding dong battle would be awesome to see.

Any chance of a late call up for Dean Bell?

• Haha 1
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."