Big score in the reserve league

57 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Ever decreasing player pool

…and ever decreasing fan pool….and ever decreasing TV deal.  Can’t wait for Leigh or Fev to be promoted and shake things up. 💪

Jesus, I’m turning (have turned) into Victor Meldrew.  Save me IMG!! 

• Like 3

Whoa!  Cas haven't batted yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

7 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

…and ever decreasing fan pool….and ever decreasing TV deal.  Can’t wait for Leigh or Fev to be promoted and shake things up. 💪

Jesus, I’m turning (have turned) into Victor Meldrew.  Save me IMG!! 

Really, what a turn around from only a few weeks ago, mellowing in your old age Dallas?

1 hour ago, Cardypaul said:

This is what happens when you neglect the grassroots of the game as RL has done for years.

Another take to all this is this is what happens when supposed full time professional clubs don't take things like reserves and academies seriously.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

Another take to all this is this is what happens when supposed full time professional clubs don't take things like reserves and academies seriously.

You’d think a small thing like having your academy licence revoked might make you evaluate things differently. Apparently not. 

• Like 1

Is this a one off due to some specific circumstances (Cas having a lot of players unavailable or something)?

Looking at the reserve teams' scores, Wigan have won every match and they all look to have been pretty comfortable (although 100-0 is unusual).

Cas, although in the lower half of the table have won 2 and drawn 1 and are above 5 other teams in the table.

Is this thread judging the entire reserve set up - or Castleford's approach to it, based on 1 match with an unusual result (possibly for some unknown valid reason)?

Bill Tupou making his long awaited come back, along side Jack Croft, in Wakefield's reserve fixture v Hull FC tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

You saying we should reserve judgement?

No, lets base all our future decisions on the reserves on this one result, that's how we expect it in RL right?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scubby said:

You saying we should "reserve" judgement?

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

No, lets base all our future decisions on the reserves on this one result, that's how we expect it in RL right?

😉 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dkw said:

This one thing happened so we must make a snap decision on everything....

The scorelines across the competition so far indicate pretty large disparities between some. This particular result raises an eyebrow after all the feet stamping from Cas last year and eventual U-turn from The RFL over their academy licence that they lost and then were awarded. 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

This one thing happened so we must make a snap decision on everything....

Bit unfair. Proper RL cycle is to change something, slowly forget over three years why it didnt work in the first place and then change it back. Then alternate indefinitely.

See also:

- P&R v licencing

- play off systems

- England or GB

- England's mid-season calendar

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Maybe there was a dog at the game. When I'm watching reserve or amateur games [or Oldham] the fella with a dog walking past always distracts me from the game. 

Helped you out there.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, daz39 said:

I read they had 5 first teamers in too.

Neither team had many 1st team regualars in there aside from Cas who had Cheyse Blair

Wigan Warriors: Umyla Hanley, Tom Mitchell, Alex Sutton, Sam Halsall, Ben O’Keefe, Adam Jones, Logan Astley, Jack Bibby, Tom Forber, Harvie Hill, Junior Nsemba, James McDonnell, Matty Nicholson.
Interchanges: Toby Brannan, Ramon Silva, Max Wood, Kieran Tyrer.

Castleford Tigers: Cain Robb, Alfie Mitchell, Jamie Mvula, Caleb Stanley, Abdullah Balogun, Charlie Harris, Calvin Sandhu, Kieran Hudson, Chris Cullimore, Brad Martin, Cheyse Blair, Josh Thornton, Danny Atley.
Interchanges: Toby Millinson, Anthony Boardman, Callum Beety, Alfie Dean.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions