Regan Grace

14 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Why would anyone want to stay in the car crash that is SL with its salary cap from 2002? 🤷‍♂️

You’re a cherry little chap.

it’s called living within your means…

All I will say that a friend - as "reward" for a favour - took me to see Sale play Toulouse. A bottle of whisky perhaps , but ah well.

I was sat watching Josh Charnley spin nonchalantly and almost invisible marking air on the Sharks wing. i am sure he was earning more than that game than I was in a few years, but he cut a certain redundant figure as the "Chaps" and "Guys" battled out consequent rucks, scrums and line outs.

If Regan wants that more fool him, less fool his bank balance. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

All I will say that a friend - as "reward" for a favour - took me to see Sale play Toulouse

He must've really had it in for you!

• Haha 3

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

To say that Regan Grace is not cut out for RU is ridiculous ... he was brought up on it. If he can tackle the likes of Ryan Hall and Fouad Yaha he can tackle the likes of any RU winger. 40 players have been released by the Welsh RU Regions and so he probably won't go to Wales for political and financial reasons rather than for not being wanted. His father is reportedly English.

However, it's true that he is more cut out for RL ... that's why Canberra are reportedly interested in him.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

23 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

To say that Regan Grace is not cut out for RU is ridiculous ... he was brought up on it. If he can tackle the likes of Ryan Hall and Fouad Yaha he can tackle the likes of any RU winger. 40 players have been released by the Welsh RU Regions and so he probably won't go to Wales for political and financial reasons rather than for not being wanted. His father is reportedly English.

However, it's true that he is more cut out for RL ... that's why Canberra are reportedly interested in him.

Have you noticed that we're supposedly interested in every SL player with any notoriety these days?

The truth is that we're not seriously interested in the vast majority of them, their managers are just trying to use our existence and recent history of hiring poms to increase the value of their contracts at home.

That's not to say that the club isn't interested in Regan Grace in particular, as I wouldn't have any more of a clue than you do as to whether they're interested in him in particular.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I do see that argument, but Even if GB played as much England do, then it wouldn't be anywhere near enough of a carrot currently.

Currently no but it was a very viable option not too long back and with a bit of effort it could be again imo.

17 minutes ago, iangidds said:

Thats nothing to do with it

It is exactly something to do with it. Shows how seriously we have taken Wales part in GB over the decades.

Let's face it, it existed solely to include Welsh RU converts and not as a development tool in Wales.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

It is exactly something to do with it. Shows how seriously we have taken Wales part in GB over the decades.

Let's face it, it existed solely to include Welsh RU converts and not as a development tool in Wales.

Unfortunately that is spot on…

16 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

We got rid of GB to 'focus on nations' then did nothing to grow the other nations and because they only get meaningful games once every four years,  most declare for England.  

Probably plays our World Cup and hops over after.

That is the other nations fault, not England's. Its not England's job to grow Scottish and Welsh rugby.

Part of the split was also to open up funding for each union.

I think the Welsh are actually doing an OK job.

6 hours ago, yipyee said:

Its not England's job to grow Scottish and Welsh rugby.

Well that is about as debatable as it gets. You're right the Welsh are doing a great job though.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 hours ago, yipyee said:

That is the other nations fault, not England's. Its not England's job to grow Scottish and Welsh rugby.

Part of the split was also to open up funding for each union.

I think the Welsh are actually doing an OK job.

Now it is I think something like the last 5 years. When GB was actually a thing it was absolutely the RFLs job as the other RLs didn’t exist. 

On 02/06/2022 at 16:08, Josef K said:

If he went to the NRL i then might check to see how he went on once in a while. But not in u****. 

hes not good enough for the NRL- if ryan hall could hardly get a start a couple of years ago then grace has no chance

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

16 hours ago, yipyee said:

That is the other nations fault, not England's. Its not England's job to grow Scottish and Welsh rugby

In point of fact, it is part of the RFL's constitution. See here:

"The objects of the Rugby Football League as set out in Constitution are:

(a) to foster, govern, develop, organise and manage the Game, in respect of all age groups, at all levels and for both sexes, in Great Britain and Ireland;"

Rugby League (rugby-league.com)

Edited by RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 02/06/2022 at 17:37, The Great Dane said:

Have you noticed that we're supposedly interested in every SL player with any notoriety these days?

The truth is that we're not seriously interested in the vast majority of them, their managers are just trying to use our existence and recent history of hiring poms to increase the value of their contracts at home.

That's not to say that the club isn't interested in Regan Grace in particular, as I wouldn't have any more of a clue than you do as to whether they're interested in him in particular.

Saying we're twice when referring to union confirms that you are a union fan. I knew you wasn't a fan of TTG, and i thought you was a fumbleball fan, but 100% i knew you wasn't one of us.

20 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Saying we're twice when referring to union confirms that you are a union fan. I knew you wasn't a fan of TTG, and i thought you was a fumbleball fan, but 100% i knew you wasn't one of us.

I believe that his we're was referring to the Canberra Raiders. 

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I think Regan Grace, should think very carefully about turning away from St. Helens and Rugby League in general, in response to an offer from the great god Ra.

I am afraid that he may not fully appreciate, that having supped his fill of the delights of playing alongside those (great) Saints players, who have taken every opportunity to include him fully, in the fast and furious Super League, a return to the sedentary, soporific, spectator sport that is Kick and Clap wing-play will suck every bit of enthusiasm (for playing) and every ounce of his innate zest for life out of his veins and leave him a dry and withered, lifeless husk of his former self.

That would be the biggest tragedy of all.

I'd advise he speaks to Josh Charnley and Denny Solomona about their experiences in the gloomy, mephitic halls of the noxious opium dens, carefully crafted by the great Ra to seduce our best and fairest back to the dark side.

Life, and achieving it's full potential, isn't just about the acquisition of money.

What does it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, but suffers the loss of his own soul?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2