Thurs 2nd June: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Discuss Thursday's Betfred Championship games here.

Thursday 2nd June

Workington Town v London Broncos (Premier Sports) KO 12:30

Barrow Raiders v Leigh Centurions KO 15:00

Newcastle Thunder v Featherstone Rovers KO 15:00

Sheffield Eagles v York City Knights KO 15:00

Whitehaven v Batley Bulldogs KO 15:00

Widnes Vikings v Bradford Bulls KO 15:00

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

Thursday 2nd June

Workington Town v London Broncos (Premier Sports) KO 12:30

Barrow Raiders v Leigh Centurions KO 15:00

Newcastle Thunder v Featherstone Rovers KO 15:00

Sheffield Eagles v York City Knights KO 15:00

Whitehaven v Batley Bulldogs KO 15:00

Widnes Vikings v Bradford Bulls KO 15:00

I really hope I am wrong on first one, but I feel Workington will have targetted this game just like London targetted the Dewsbury game on May 1st. Still think London will survive as will finish above Workington and Dewsbury.

Workington Town v London Broncos London By 8

Barrow Raiders v Leigh Centurions Leigh by 18

Newcastle Thunder v Featherstone Rovers Fev by 30

Sheffield Eagles v York City Knights York by 10

Whitehaven v Batley Bulldogs Batley by 16

Widnes Vikings v Bradford Bulls Widnes by 4

Even harder to predict the games this week as with fast turnarounds who knows who is going to have a dig and who will capitulate? No surprise if Leigh and Fev are both lacklustre this week following an intense game on Saturday, and Fev in particular are really struggling with injuries, but are Barrow or Leigh able to take advantage, or will they have one eye on what they may see as more "winnable" games on Sunday against Widnes and Sheffield respectively?

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Even harder to predict the games this week as with fast turnarounds who knows who is going to have a dig and who will capitulate? No surprise if Leigh and Fev are both lacklustre this week following an intense game on Saturday, and Fev in particular are really struggling with injuries, but are Barrow or Leigh able to take advantage, or will they have one eye on what they may see as more "winnable" games on Sunday against Widnes and Sheffield respectively?

Leigh have a tough set Barrow A then Fax H. Fax have the advantage of a free weekend last week and an extra 2 days rest after their training session v Dewsbury on Tuesday. Think we will be OK at Barrow but Fax may take our scalp

29 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Leigh have a tough set Barrow A then Fax H. Fax have the advantage of a free weekend last week and an extra 2 days rest after their training session v Dewsbury on Tuesday. Think we will be OK at Barrow but Fax may take our scalp

Playing Dewsbury and playing Leigh are completely different games,you will be too strong for Fax especially at Home.

Workington Town v London Broncos - Draw

Barrow Raiders v Leigh Centurions

Newcastle Thunder v Featherstone Rovers

Sheffield Eagles v York City Knights

Whitehaven v Batley Bulldogs

Widnes Vikings v Bradford Bulls

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

On another note that injury does not look good at all. Hopefully everything just precautionary.

Post game interview says neck fracture but still being investigated so not confirmed.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Well, that’s Broncos relegated and the future of rugby league in London in jeopardy. David Hughes has some questions to answer. 

Really ? 

What question would you ask him ?

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Really ? 

What question would you ask him ?

Yes, really. 

I think there would be London Broncos fans with far more questions than I have but I’d I had one it would probably be “You decided to go part-time in the off season, whilst also moving to a far bigger venue and talking of a return to Super League and 5,000+ as an average attendance, how and why did you think that was entirely possible when only funding said part-time team?”.