Weekends Internationals will they sell out?

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

That's fine, I understand, but that is their commercial deal with Ticketmaster, apart from maybe in some small print, as a customer I haven't shopped with Ticketmaster. I went via the RFL site, was billed by the RFL, for an RFL event. 

The other issue is that these fees should be explained up front. When they advertise tickets at £25 but there is no way to buy tickets at £25 I'd argue that is illegal sales practice. 

This kind of thing was clamped down on with concert ticket sellers and credit card fees too. 

Don’t confuse Ticketmaster the system builder with Ticketmaster the ticket retailer. Same company, of course, but an entirely different business.

For what it’s worth, I don’t disagree with you and it should be displayed in your basket from the second you add it, but there is a warning on the first screen you click on that mentions extra charges and I dare say satisfies whatever rules are implemented for this kind of thing.

FC4CCD12-6CB5-477A-A3B3-0DCD8BDC1F60.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Don’t confuse Ticketmaster the system builder with Ticketmaster the ticket retailer. Same company, of course, but an entirely different business.

For what it’s worth, I don’t disagree with you and it should be displayed in your basket from the second you add it, but there is a warning on the first screen you click on that mentions extra charges and I dare say satisfies whatever rules are implemented for this kind of thing.

FC4CCD12-6CB5-477A-A3B3-0DCD8BDC1F60.jpeg

Yeah it's this kind of sales practice that I despise. Ticketmaster (I note the RFU are using the same platform) know what they are doing - the way people read these sites will show that small print will not be read, but will tick legal boxes. They have written more words there than telling you there is a £1 fee per ticket. 

I think it's poor form when buying cheap flights and gigs are more transparent then rugby tickets. 

But I'm sure at some stage regulators will get round to sorting practices like this. It's probably going under the radar at the moment because the fees are modest, whereas concert sites got greedy. 

On 14/06/2022 at 18:03, The storm said:

Where

Its the worst england team ive ever seen

Don't worry, the Aussies can't even beat Tonga so they are also struggling for players - I'm sure they will take whoever turns Tonga down🤣

Fewer than 20 seats remaining, which will look good on tv. 

Standing tickets only. 

If they have been fully on sale, then sales in the terracing are strong too. 

Im still always cynical when it comes to the RFL because I'd have thought they have announced theyd sold over 10k if they had broken that barrier. 

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Says 30% and 20% standing left, a few walkups and it´s a healthy crowd for what is an exhibition. 

The risk is that not all tickets were released, but hopefully a 10 or 11k crowd (maybe more with a healthy walk up) and all seats full and it should look good on TV. 

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The risk is that not all tickets were released, but hopefully a 10 or 11k crowd (maybe more with a healthy walk up) and all seats full and it should look good on TV. 

I was gonna say its a very RL thing that you can buy tickets on the day for an England International but then I thought people were being let into Trent Bridge for the cricket for free the other day so it's maybe not as bad as all that! 

5 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Standing tickets limited too - must confess to being pleasantly surprised!

Me too.

Nice to be completely wrong about something in this way!

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

32 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Me too.

Nice to be completely wrong about something in this way!

The games versus Exiles started with a. 14k crowd, before dropping down to 7.9k at Wire for the last game in 2013. 

It's welcome that we should be back in the five figures and better than the last World Cup year we played this game. 

Fair play if they have indeed managed to get a five figure crowd. I doubted they would but with a couple of ticket offers, which I think are needed and more palatable for this fixture, they’ve had a decent take up, it seems. 

13 hours ago, Dave T said:

The games versus Exiles started with a. 14k crowd, before dropping down to 7.9k at Wire for the last game in 2013. 

It's welcome that we should be back in the five figures and better than the last World Cup year we played this game. 

Hear hear, let's celebrate it for goodness sake. 

• Like 1

Let's be honest here, this isn't a good crowd for an England game. I'm normally quite positive about things, but we need meaningful international fixtures. Hopefully post World Cup there's a plan for an international calendar.

59 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

You do wonder why we put out messaging that seated tickets are almost sold out and standing tickets are limited when that was clearly incorrect.

Well, we've been here before and we will no doubt be here again. 

I made the point early in this thread that it looked like they had reserved blocks for groups or whatever as it was very rare to not even have singles on sale, and that is clearly what happened. 

The incompetence is on show time after time after time. 

But it is what it is right now, hopefully the new partnership will sort basics. 

37 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The incompetence is on show time after time after time.  

As somebody who doesn't have Sky, I was trying to keep up to date with the match. Nothing on radio that I could find, and no clips of action on Twitter on either the England RL or Sky Sports RL accounts. This is basic stuff. Other sports can manage in-game highlights on social media - it shouldn't be difficult to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

As somebody who doesn't have Sky, I was trying to keep up to date with the match. Nothing on radio that I could find, and no clips of action on Twitter on either the England RL or Sky Sports RL accounts. This is basic stuff. Other sports can manage in-game highlights on social media - it shouldn't be difficult to do.

I was out today and tried to listen on the radio, but like you say, there was nothing.

The BBC had somebody doing occasional written updates on their website. I can't work out why they didn't employ someone to do radio commentary instead.