Jon Wells

11 hours ago, Jughead said:

spacer.png

Theres footage of it somewhere but basically was fake scratching his face with his middle finger aimed at whoever till he sheepishly realised he was on TV and stopped. 

He should be gone from the TV for that!

Edited by OMEGA

And to back up my opinion that Sky should remove all bar Jenna Brooks, yesterday Cas played Warrington. Daryl Powell retired from playing some twenty years ago and has had a coaching career since, coaching Warrington at the minute. Yesterday he scored a try for Warrington according to Bill Arthur. This was of course, Daryl Clark. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

I never knew Mary Whitehouse was a TRL regular. 

It’s not about being offended, it’s about showing some professionalism and not portraying the sport as a small time parochial joke.

He works for the sports biggest broadcast partner, the largest shop window we have around the country and the world, he’s in a privileged position, one where he carries a responsibility to fans, sponsors and clubs. He’s just demonstrated he’s unfit for that role

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

The shouts for him to resign are ridiculous, but hardly surprising in the current climate.

It’s cool to be offended.

Always those that moan about those apparently offended that are the most offended, petal. 

41 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Always those that moan about those apparently offended that are the most offended, petal. 

I’m very difficult to offend love.

I was offended by your arrogant rant about Hull FC though.

but I guess what should you expect from a pig but a grunt.

have a lovely day.

18 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

I’m very difficult to offend love.

I was offended by your arrogant rant about Hull FC though.

but I guess what should you expect from a pig but a grunt.

have a lovely day.

Point proven. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OMEGA said:

It’s not about being offended, it’s about showing some professionalism and not portraying the sport as a small time parochial joke.

He works for the sports biggest broadcast partner, the largest shop window we have around the country and the world, he’s in a privileged position, one where he carries a responsibility to fans, sponsors and clubs. He’s just demonstrated he’s unfit for that role

He was a bloke having a joke at work, chill out. He clearly didn't mean to be seen on TV and has been done dirty by the editing.

Other sports would laugh it off

On 16/07/2022 at 11:35, Jughead said:

Niceties get you nowhere. Settling for Wells, Carney, Dumb & Dumber and awful Arthur because we don’t want to hurt their feelings is embarrassing. 

I’m also not sure team sport is for you as fans tend to want people to lose their job whether it’s a coach or players.

You can justify it however you want to but you’re clearly a bit of a #### 

I remember seeing Tomasz Schafernaker giving the middle finger live on the BBC news before he was supposed to do weather. It didn’t look very professional with what he did, but the BBC didn’t sack him because he didn’t deserve to be sacked. He won’t do it again and neither will Mr Wells id imagine. 

18 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Says the one throwing insults around. 

And yet you were the one throwing the snowflake accusations around yesterday. Stop whinging about other peoples actions and/ or when people disagree with you. 

25 minutes ago, philipw said:

And yet you were the one throwing the snowflake accusations around yesterday. Stop whinging about other peoples actions and/ or when people disagree with you. 

I’m not sure who you’re even talking about. 

If he was sacked (which he shouldn't be, he wasn't reading the bedtime story on cebebies now and was after the 9pm watershed) who would he be replaced with?!

His predecessor phil clarke was awful at the touchscreen and his snickometer was dreadful.

Watched it nothing in it, word from producer/director "Listen to us when we say you are going on air that's why we give you ear pieces". Then again maybe he didn't get the instruction?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

17 minutes ago, yipyee said:

If he was sacked (which he shouldn't be, he wasn't reading the bedtime story on cebebies now and was after the 9pm watershed) who would he be replaced with?!

His predecessor phil clarke was awful at the touchscreen and his snickometer was dreadful.

If the reason for keeping and encouraging incompetence is “yeah, but who will replace them?” then we’re going very wrong. 

Straight off the top of my head, Kevin Brown. Speaks well, confident in that environment, worked on Sky before, intelligent, relevant and knowledgeable. All of the things we lack with Wells stood there. I also think a former half would be the best bet for an analytical role like this, as we’ve seen with Sean Long and Jonny Lomax when they’ve been at the touch screen, they took it to levels that Wells could never replicate. 

Sam Tomkins talks well on 4, Jodie Cunningham works well when I’ve seen her, Danika (I can’t remember her last name) on 4 is also good and I’m sure there’s others out there who could do the job with ease. 

31 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’m not sure who you’re even talking about. 

“Niceties get you nowhere. Settling for Wells, Carney, Dumb & Dumber and awful Arthur because we don’t want to hurt their feelings is embarrassing. 

I’m also not sure team sport is for you as fans tend to want people to lose their job whether it’s a coach or players.”

however, I’m bored of back and forth with you, so let’s leave it there.