Wolves sign Josh McGuire

8 minutes ago, RP London said:

just means you're not trying hard enough to stop it... 

And going against the Peace Ballot which unequivocally supported de-arming Britain by instituting rearmament programmes. Woke tosh from Baldwin again! 

Not to mention his dealings with Edward viii...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

This isn’t the game gone pretty soft, if reprted to the police it could be considered a public order offence with an aggravating factor of disability hate crime (the 1st offence in preseason, I'm not actually sure what he has said here). The Public Order Act 1986, amended in 1994, contains the offences likely to be charged under, though that in itself is based on the POA 1936 and common law dating much further back. 

I'm not sure Mrs Thatcher's government, Mr Major's or indeed Stanley Baldwin's were particularly "soft".

if being the key word. 

Wow

7 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Dave what about player's running to officials to complain, that's a worrying trend.

The precedent was set with the Savellio/Clubb incident. Clubb got 8 games despite it being one's word against another’s.

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

18 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I have just read my posts and my view was how I understand it was reported, never said I have no problems with abuse, I have a problem with the level of bans compared to serious foul play.

And woke is to prevent open debate which should not result in people being labelled or abused for expressing an opinion on a topic.

how else do you expect him to report it other than through the channels? do you think the language is potentially serious and bad for the game, did you think the original incident was extremely serious? or just something that should have been forgotten about?

I think you'll find this is a very open debate.. you are saying your part and no one is telling you to shut up and sit down they are just putting across their opinion... no open debate being stopped you can reply.

There is a discussion about the level of bans going on and there is a debate about why not all bans should be treated the same or put up against each other.. but you've not seemingly engaged with Just Browny (who agrees more with you) or Tommy or Dave T about that specific thing.. 

You have labelled others Woke which BTW does not mean to stop open debate, Oxford Dictionary says "adjective. /wəʊk/ /wəʊk/ (informal, often disapproving) aware of social and political issues, especially racism This word is often used in a disapproving way by people who think that some other people are too easily upset about these issues, or talk too much about them in a way that does not change anything." i'm not sure you have been labelled as anything or been abused TBF

Edited by RP London
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

One word: sanitised

Nah.

On one level it's sh1thousery sledging which deserves a punishment-like head patting.

Or bigotry, which in these days deserves the same.

No excuse.

Personally I ain't shocked some struggle with this given where RL lives

There is a noisy minority of the worst kind of English-ness such as exceptionalism, parochialism and a general anti intellectualism. The sort that endorsed Brexit or Boris. 

Therefore I fear some might struggle that in this day and age, some language might not be ok and that fan ownership isn't Bolshevik.

Like it or not, the World moves on.

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Nah.

On one level it's sh1thousery sledging which deserves a punishment-like head patting.

Or bigotry, which in these days deserves the same.

No excuse.

Personally I ain't shocked some struggle with this given where RL lives

There is a noisy minority of the worst kind of English-ness such as exceptionalism, parochialism and a general anti intellectualism. The sort that endorsed Brexit or Boris. 

Therefore I fear some might struggle that in this day and age, some language might not be ok and that fan ownership isn't Bolshevik.

Like it or not, the World moves on.

Everything is Brexit's fault, haha...

I'm Irish and just don't want the game to become too sanitised. I like the larger-than-life aspect of RL

All I'm saying is that I'd prefer sledges to stay on the field. I'm not a huge fan of sledging, mind you. I agree that it is a bit uncouth and yobbish.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I think the RFL are far too lenient on some of the offences we see nowadays, I have made that point consistently, but I broadly think we have got it right on banning for slurs like this. 

Dudson's punch was bad, and he got 5 matches - a really serious ban, so we do punish these instances of foul play, but I wholly support huge bans for things like racism, homophobia, sexism, disability slurs etc. 

It could be argued it's a little like drugs or betting bans - they may seem excessive for what the person has actually done, but I think it is fine that they are treated on a different level.

It's a grown up game , if you cannot behave like an adult ? , Don't play it , go and play football , where behaving like children is fine 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It's a grown up game , if you cannot behave like an adult ? , Don't play it , go and play football , where behaving like children is fine 

Do you want to borrow my tin hat 

10 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Sometimes it's better having one because keeping your mouth shut in today's world is best policy. I always try and bite my lip. 

Some can do it. Some Can't. It's today's world

If some RL players or fans can't hack it, go back to the 80s. 

11 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I'm not sure we are agreeing here Elbow , it was put at the start that name calling is playground stuff , kids get excused behaving like that , grown ups have no such excuse IMO , if McGuire can't keep it in , get rid , back home to play with the children 

• Like 1

Just now, GUBRATS said:

I'm not sure we are agreeing here Elbow , it was put at the start that name calling is playground stuff , kids get excused behaving like that , grown ups have no such excuse IMO , if McGuire can't keep it in , get rid , back home to play with the children 

No mine was just in jest, even I could see the irony in your post, don't worry I am not looking for support.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Sometimes it's better having one because keeping your mouth shut in today's world is best policy. I always try and bite my lip. 

Some can do it. Some Can't. It's today's world

If some RL players or fans can't hack it, go back to the 80s. 

There is a difference in a forum like this were (without abusing) you can debate a topic and you don't have to believe that view you are posting,that's what debates are for. I would never behave in real life that way I am very tolerant and generally keep my opinions within my family.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Take it you're satisfied the game hasn't gone soft then?

Not sure. I have my concerns, but I don't want the sort of hooliganism and disrespect that soccer routinely engages in.

37 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Not sure. I have my concerns, but I don't want the sort of hooliganism and disrespect that soccer routinely engages in.

Probably best to come down hard on this stuff then imo.

6 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

I think the song goes something like.......

"Youre getting sacked in the morning" 

I hope Wire don't regret defending him so much after the first incident and that they took the relevant disciplinary steps that would alow them to send him packing this time. 

• Like 1