D-Day England release new kit! (Needs it's very own thread)

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Mate, happy to agree to disagree on this one, I don't disagree with many of your individual points, I just come to a different conclusion.

I don't see the issues as major and I see the nicest kit we've had for a long time as the positive. 

As much as Im banging on about it I don't see it as a 'major' issue. RL and how its marketing its a major bugbear of mine as they constantly get it wrong, and this is no exception, as far as I can see there is literally no point in doing what they have done.

Though the more I look at at it I don't actually like the design or the kit either 🙂 it looks cheap, like something an amateur club would wear if I'm honest, nothing about it says' special' there's no little design details that make it premium, but that is not unusual for England RL kits, especially when Oxen are involved.

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I kind of get the point but the fact is England RL does have a presence, there is footage that will be used to market the WC that has England RL playing in red and white, the RLWC official marketing has Englands colours as red and white, England RL's own website is full of England RL playing and marketing in Red and White.

As I say now was totally the wrong time to make this change

Yeah I get where you're coming from on that, and it does make sense. Like Dave T, I just don't think the change of colour scheme is that big a deal, given the low base we're starting from. Mainly I'm just relieved as the new shirt could've been a whole lot worse!

6 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Those are fair points. But I would still argue that the wider viewing public would have next to no awareness of the England RL 'brand'.

Possibly but what you don't do is change what little equity you do have 3 months before a tournament.

You also don't alienate your actual core audience either.

• Like 2

I think what can all agree on is we have a lot stronger thoughts and opinions on this than Oxen can ever be given credit for considering. We can hypothesise why Oxen have gone for this colour scheme/design but the reality is no deeper than they got a poor reception to the George Cross version, so the sponsor change gave them an excuse to bang out a new jersey - ditching the cross. The heavy use of blue is unexplained and again, most likely represents nothing beyond 'it's on England kits in other sports'. As others have said, grander scheme of things it doesn't really matter but everything about this just perfectly optimises why RL in this country comes across so amateurish. 

• Like 2

They've put out some photos of the unveiling at Old Trafford - Fred Done holding the new white and blue shirt, standing alongside Shaun Wane and Ralp Rimmer holding bright red scarves. It just feels like another example of the RFL's slapdash approach to everything they do.

• Like 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

I think i've finally worked the plan out... 

Right bear with me.. 

So the RFL were reading this thread right here 

and they worked out that they really needed to get under peoples skin.. they already have the white with red shirt so now they can have this shirt and we play Blues v reds and if they can stir up enough hatred for each shirt then hey presto its a game on... 

tell me youve not heard worse ideas than this come out of their mouths or on this board and I just wont believe you!

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

it looks cheap, like something an amateur club would wear if I'm honest, nothing about it says' special' there's no little design details that make it premium, but that is not unusual for England RL kits, especially when Oxen are involved.

I know it's been mentioned a few times on this forum, but I'd like to see Super League and the RFL get a lock, stock and barrel kit partnership for all of the teams. As it stands, with England playing so few games, we're never going to get a premium kit manufacturer making something that's really nice - we're too small fry. With all 12 SL clubs and the national team, it would surely be a much more attractive proposition for the bigger, more recognisable kit manufacturers. But then I have zero experience of these things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I think what can all agree on is we have a lot stronger thoughts and opinions on this than Oxen can ever be given credit for considering. We can hypothesise why Oxen have gone for this colour scheme/design but the reality is no deeper than they got a poor reception to the George Cross version, so the sponsor change gave them an excuse to bang out a new jersey - ditching the cross. The heavy use of blue is unexplained and again, most likely represents nothing beyond 'it's on England kits in other sports'. As others have said, grander scheme of things it doesn't really matter but everything about this just perfectly optimises why RL in this country comes across so amateurish. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Oxen actual reason was a change of playing colours gives them chance to release multiple new training ranges

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Oxen actual reason was a change of playing colours gives them chance to release multiple new training ranges

That doesn't make sense. Training ranges don't match the playing kit in many cases anyway.

33 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

They've put out some photos of the unveiling at Old Trafford - Fred Done holding the new white and blue shirt, standing alongside Shaun Wane and Ralp Rimmer holding bright red scarves. It just feels like another example of the RFL's slapdash approach to everything they do.

This !!! As a company owner with a “brand” I know this is completely amateurish and we turn over a small % of what the RFL will do (not knowing what they turn over.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Odds on a second shirt being released for the WC because Greece, France and Samoa will all play in similar kits?

please please please... 

spacer.png

Some heads will literally explode

• Haha 5

I think its a good kit.

They should really push this and send Nadine Dorries one to wear at one of the games she should be invited to attend- they could even put her favourite Rugby players name on the back- Johnny Wilkinson. 

Great publicity 👌 

Yet another Oxen special it seems.

Not a single person expected a shirt with no red on it having seen the previews, on here or social media. The reason? Because it would be preposterous to suggest such as an England RL shirt.

I find the St George's cross shirts (barring 2017 WC and 2011 paint stripe) pretty tacky. I find this incredibly meh, I genuinely thought it was an away shirt on first viewing.

England must be a nightmare for Oxen really. They are a company based on pumping out different kit(s) at a phenomenal rate. England is a brand and team totally unsuited to their marketing and brand management style. Instead of accepting there is only so much you can do with white and red (and lets be honest they tried the worst version of that first), Oxen have thrown that out of the window to make a new kit. They could have, indeed should have, kept the original 2021 kit with updated sponsors. They didn't, because it had poor sales because it was pretry naff. It is Oxen all over.

The RFL cannot be blameless in this. All of our branding associated with the World Cup has our colours as Red and White. 

Non RL fans are going to turn on their TVs to watch England at a home world cup and have to ask which team is England. That is unacceptable, nevermind the fact that from the TV angle, every team in our group will have Blue shoulders, and all of them will have white as the major other colour on the kit. What a monumental #### up.

I quite like having a chevron. I really don't like having 2 weird blue ones. Welcome to Oxen lads, its great!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yet another Oxen special it seems.

Not a single person expected a shirt with no red on it having seen the previews, on here or social media. The reason? Because it would be preposterous to suggest such as an England RL shirt.

I find the St George's cross shirts (barring 2017 WC and 2011 paint stripe) pretty tacky. I find this incredibly meh, I genuinely thought it was an away shirt on first viewing.

England must be a nightmare for Oxen really. They are a company based on pumping out different kit(s) at a phenomenal rate. England is a brand and team totally unsuited to their marketing and brand management style. Instead of accepting there is only so much you can do with white and red (and lets be honest they tried the worst version of that first), Oxen have thrown that out of the window to make a new kit. They could have, indeed should have, kept the original 2021 kit with updated sponsors. They didn't, because it had poor sales because it was pretry naff. It is Oxen all over.

The RFL cannot be blameless in this. All of our branding associated with the World Cup has our colours as Red and White. 

Non RL fans are going to turn on their TVs to watch England at a home world cup and have to ask which team is England. That is unacceptable, nevermind the fact that from the TV angle, every team in our group will have Blue shoulders, and all of them will have white as the major other colour on the kit. What a monumental #### up.

I quite like having a chevron. I really don't like having 2 weird blue ones. Welcome to Oxen lads, its great!

Based on 3 teams in the group having all blue shirts, there is a need for alternate shirts for some of these fixtures. Not sure how they go about agreeing that. Tbh, it feels like every nation should have a 2nd shirt. 

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Based on 3 teams in the group having all blue shirts, there is a need for alternate shirts for some of these fixtures. Not sure how they go about agreeing that. Tbh, it feels like every nation should have a 2nd shirt. 

I suspect it will be England and France that have change strips, given France have a history of playing with white and blue reversed and England are a relatively wealthy RFL. Samoa away would look like England without the blue shoulders based on previous examples and I honestly do not know what Greece would do.

Obviously England wouldn't have to if we played in Red and White 😉

7 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Do you?

I think it's one of the ugliest shirts I've seen in a long time.

I won't care as long as it wins us a World Cup but I think it's grim.

It's ###### isn't it, chevrons and swaths down the sleeves just don't mix well and in any case chevrons need to come down off the shoulder it they're going to be used.

2 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Can someone please advise how i can block/mute some on here so i dont see their post.  Does that functionality exist?

Finally found the ignore function. 

No need for people to  disagree with people just for the sake of it,  completely  disregarding the points people are makeing just to get a rise. I think they are called trolls? 

Dave T is now on my list.  🙌🏻

Edited by Ragingbull