The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Fax to announce a signing later today. Expected to be Ryan Lannon from Salford and to be announced as a loan move but there is no call back clause and will be made permanent. Liked him when he were on loan at ours a couple of seasons back and think its a good signing for us. Still need a couple of centres though.

7 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Wakey sign another Huddersfield reserve player on loan in Nathan Mason.

Not a bad signing, would've liked to see Leigh try to get him in on loan, with Nakubuwei out injured on top of us already being light on props.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fax to announce a signing later today. Expected to be Ryan Lannon from Salford and to be announced as a loan move but there is no call back clause and will be made permanent. Liked him when he were on loan at ours a couple of seasons back and think its a good signing for us. Still need a couple of centres though.

Isn't Lannon currently on loan at Swinton?

1 hour ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

He's ok, nothing more nothing less. He was with London in 2019 and you lot in 2021 so has certainly got plenty of relegation experience. He'll fit right in here.

Chin up Wakey, win on Thursday and you will be buzzing again just like the end of last season, by the way who are your loopy fixtures?

16 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Lannon to Halifax on a permanent deal, so that's Sarginson and Lannon off the books at Salford, they're surely bringing someone in??

Need to be careful not to spend the "transfer fee" that we paid them all at once. 😉🤣

Very pleased with this signing. Just the type of player I love to watch play rugby.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Need to be careful not to spend the "transfer fee" that we paid them all at once. 😉🤣

Very pleased with this signing. Just the type of player I love to watch play rugby.

He is a "daft lad"  not the brains trust but will be ok. He hasn't managed to established himself in the team

12 hours ago, Red Willow said:

He is a "daft lad"  not the brains trust but will be ok. He hasn't managed to established himself in the team

Sounds like he had a bit of a falling out with Salford over something that happened a while back and not getting the support that he felt he deserved. Quite rare that a Championship team gets the opportunity to pick up a player with so many SL games under his belt and pretty much in his prime years. Looking forward to seeing him in the blue and white again.

Dupree to Warrngton. Replacement for Mikaele & cut wage bill at Salford who are in deep trouble £'s wise & would get a fee?

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Sounds like he had a bit of a falling out with Salford over something that happened a while back and not getting the support that he felt he deserved. Quite rare that a Championship team gets the opportunity to pick up a player with so many SL games under his belt and pretty much in his prime years. Looking forward to seeing him in the blue and white 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Sounds like he had a bit of a falling out with Salford over something that happened a while back and not getting the support that he felt he deserved. Quite rare that a Championship team gets the opportunity to pick up a player with so many SL games under his belt and pretty much in his prime years. Looking forward to seeing him in the blue and white again.

Nope. Fall out?! He's just a "daft lad," go off and research who he's related to.

His skills are as an athlete, a solid SL quality forward and he has served the Reds well in his time. Obviously everyone concerned feels his immediate future is better at Halifax.

I wish him well.

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Nope. Fall out?! He's just a "daft lad," go off and research who he's related to.

His skills are as an athlete, a solid SL quality forward and he has served the Reds well in his time. Obviously everyone concerned feels his immediate future is better at Halifax.

I wish him well.

I don’t mind lannon but he’s way down the pecking order at Salford even with are injuries. Good luck to him should be a solid player 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Dupree to Warrngton. Replacement for Mikaele & cut wage bill at Salford who are in deep trouble £'s wise & would get a fee?

there was no fee, not sure why Salford made out there was. Looks like it may be just to apease their fans given their squad is looking a little thread bare now.

3 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

I wish him well.

Who is he related to? Whats the story with the bleed on the brain?

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

there was no fee, not sure why Salford made out there was. Looks like it may be just to apease their fans given their squad is looking a little thread bare now.

Who is he related to? Whats the story with the bleed on the brain?

He is related to a former Wigan player recently arrested for sexual assault charges.

13 hours ago, Red Willow said:

He is related to a former Wigan player recently arrested for sexual assault charges.

I'm not sure the relevance to be fair. Ive heard one side of the story from the fall out but it sounded like idrew knew the Salford side so I'd be interested to hear that.