The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

51 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I believe Leigh are signing a LF from Swinton, Louis Brogan. He was offered to Saints first as part of the DR arrangement but Saints said no apparently  as they already have quite a few players in that position in Knowles, Bell & Wingfield so he's been having talks with Leigh about a move there for 2024.

Yes that one was reported by Matt Shaw a month or so ago along with Dan Norman and Owen Trout which all seem to be done deals for 2024. He's from Leigh so adds to our number of locals and adds a bit extra depth which is what we need for next year, especially for when we eventually start fielding a reserves side be it next year or the year after. Louis actually 'liked' the story when it was posted to the Facebook Leigh fans group which pretty much confirmed it.

For Norman, I think Lams comments in this story make it pretty clear he's going to be with us next year and beyond. Definitely looks to be a clear plan in place for younger prospects to come in and supplement the experience we already have in place.

1 hour ago, LeytherRob said:

For Norman, I think Lams comments in this story make it pretty clear he's going to be with us next year and beyond. Definitely looks to be a clear plan in place for younger prospects to come in and supplement the experience we already have in place.

I thought it had already been confirmed Norman was going to Leigh next year (or maybe it was just the confirmation that Saints hadn't offered him a new deal and he was leaving the club) ? 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Just now, Saint Toppy said:

I thought it had already been confirmed Norman was going to Leigh next year (or maybe it was just the confirmation that Saints hadn't offered him a new deal and he was leaving the club) ? 

It's confirmed he's leaving Saints and it's pretty much an open secret at this point after confirmations from Matt Shaw and other sources, but Leigh policy is to not announce any signings for the following season until the end of the year. It's  a Beaumont policy and his reasoning in interviews is that it's out of respect for the teams they are joining from and also to keep focus on the current playing group until the year is done. Was the same last year with the likes of Jack Hughes and Rob Mulhern who were announced as done deals in the press around this time last year but weren't officially announced until the rebrand launch night.

It's actually a shock these days when the club does actually get to announce something before the press🤣

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I see Connor Wynne is being let go by Hull, thought he looked a really good prospect before his injury.

I'd take a chance on him at Saints as a back-up to Percival & Hurrell for next year as a direct replacement for Hopoate.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I see Connor Wynne is being let go by Hull, thought he looked a really good prospect before his injury.

I'd take a chance on him at Saints as a back-up to Percival & Hurrell for next year as a direct replacement for Hopoate.

He scored two tries for Bradford this weekend, although I think even I could have got over the line against the side Keighley put out tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Rumoured to be Cas bound.

Brad Schneider to... Hull KR?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Is Joe Wardle fit and just not getting a game at Leigh?

Been injured most of the season with a torn pec. Should be back in contention within the next few weeks. He had a great season last year for us so he'll be a big boost. 

Most of our injuries have been to our 2nd row. Wardle and Hughes have barely played, brought in Shorrocks who did so well wigan brought him back after just a few weeks, signed Halton to provide cover who got long term injured in his 1st game and then O'Donnell did that ridiculous tackle in the cup and got banned for 6 games. Our back row has been chopped and changed over and over so it will be good to get some options back once Hughes and Wardle are fit again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/06/2023 at 11:00, Monkeymagic22 said:

At this stage the Bulls are probably 5th best behind Toulouse, Fev, Batley and Fax. Really not sure why Bulls fans suddenly think that they are so good, after a few wins and a couple of injury prone past their best Wakey signings.

This post contiues to age like a fine wine doesnt it........🤫

• Haha 1

Looks like Hull have paid off Josh Griffin to allow him to take up a two year deal at Wakefield.

Yet another old boy coming home.    

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 03/07/2023 at 16:32, LeytherRob said:

It's confirmed he's leaving Saints and it's pretty much an open secret at this point after confirmations from Matt Shaw and other sources, but Leigh policy is to not announce any signings for the following season until the end of the year. It's  a Beaumont policy and his reasoning in interviews is that it's out of respect for the teams they are joining from and also to keep focus on the current playing group until the year is done. Was the same last year with the likes of Jack Hughes and Rob Mulhern who were announced as done deals in the press around this time last year but weren't officially announced until the rebrand launch night.

It's actually a shock these days when the club does actually get to announce something before the press🤣

Just seen the Saints Reserves highlights in their thumping of Wire and was surprised to see Norman playing

11 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Just seen the Saints Reserves highlights in their thumping of Wire and was surprised to see Norman playing

Lam mentioned in his post match interview following the Cas game that he was recalled last week by Saints. Bit frustrating when Wellens doesn't seem to have any intention of playing him at Saints but can understand them not wanting to strengthen our team with the Semi final looming

18 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Lam mentioned in his post match interview following the Cas game that he was recalled last week by Saints. Bit frustrating when Wellens doesn't seem to have any intention of playing him at Saints but can understand them not wanting to strengthen our team with the Semi final looming

Not just the semi , I doubt we'll see Dan before next season now 

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Dimitri Biscarro has put pen to paper and become professional for TO. I think that's the last of the amateurs playing for them this year who has signed. I can't think of another part-timer on the team sheets. 

Biscarro for TO full time

Don't know the lad, would you say he is SL quality?

Toulouse like Fev or any other Championship team that hopes to get to SL through promotion this season need to be signing players that can compete if they do go up, otherwise just another player that will need to be replaced.