Signings for 2023

Evs62

11 hours ago, silverfox said:

Very confusing  the pricing to watch Town  this coming season . Kids £25 a season ticket  or £2 match day 

Concessions £15 match day or                   £12 early bird  .                        Adults £18 match day                               £15 early bird  .                        Now I see Adults can get a season ticket  deal  for £99.95  5p short of £10 per match  .  So that makes it cheaper than the concession cheapest  price of £12 . So is there a price for a concession  season ticket.              Adults are either getting a £8 match day or £5 early bird  reduction buying a season ticket . 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, silverfox said:

Very confusing  the pricing to watch Town  this coming season . Kids £25 a season ticket  or £2 match day 

Concessions £15 match day or                   £12 early bird  .                                         Adults £18 match day                               £15 early bird  .                                         Now I see Adults can get a season ticket  deal  for £99.95  5p short of £10 per match  .  So that makes it cheaper than the concession cheapest  price of £12 . So is there a price for a concession  season ticket.              Adults are either getting a £8 match day or £5 early bird  reduction buying a season ticket . 

I dont see it as being confusing as such, but I`m surprised there no concessions season tickets though, is there usually one? 

4 minutes ago, pgilmour said:

Is this not the case why some good players went due to money owed issues and some refused to play.??

Not sure, but staff and players are apparently refusing to start preseason until they get paid what they're owed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Not sure, but staff and players are apparently refusing to start preseason until they get paid what they're owed.

The short version of the craic I heard and the jam lads usually aren't far off was that the players won't start pre season as most of them are owed a couple of months wages but as there's no income they can't pay as the club has debts it still has to pay. Meeting tomorrow to try and sort it out but it needs the players to back down as the club can't pay them otherwise they could be in trouble. 

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

So it looks like that's most of the squad are signed up and i'm pleasantly surprised by how quickly it's been done and the make up of it. Firstly the realism...same as most i'm not expecting us to be challenging for the top spots but there should be plenty of enthusiasm and they should get better as the season goes on. Now the optimism...i'm chuffed we've got back or retained Caine, Blain, Ciaran and Tom and the Burns brothers look good signings. I know nothing about the other  new signings so that's gonna be interesting. Of the players who left only Teare is a miss , i think a lot of us felt we weren't getting 100% from Jamie and tbh i'm glad some of the others have gone. Back to a largeley Cumbrian squad instead of a Geordie coalition.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

So it looks like that's most of the squad are signed up and i'm pleasantly surprised by how quickly it's been done and the make up of it. Firstly the realism...same as most i'm not expecting us to be challenging for the top spots but there should be plenty of enthusiasm and they should get better as the season goes on. Now the optimism...i'm chuffed we've got back or retained Caine, Blain, Ciaran and Tom and the Burns brothers look good signings. I know nothing about the other  new signings so that's gonna be interesting. Of the players who left only Teare is a miss , i think a lot of us felt we weren't getting 100% from Jamie and tbh i'm glad some of the others have gone. Back to a largeley Cumbrian squad instead of a Geordie coalition.

I don’t see why town can’t be top 4 mate, bloody awful league this season, dewsbury will be the team to beat but if Town can add a few through the season then we won’t be far short. Let’s be honest you win your home games, beat the dross like south wales, Cornwall etc away and we won’t be far away. Need to turn dp into the fortress it was only 12 months ago

Edited by wonky

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

Yeah there are a number of unknown quantities in our squad this year and we can only hope they strengthen our first 13, as the players we know about are all good enough to push the better teams.

While it will take a while to get over the complete shambles of last year, where for the first time ever I lost interest. At least an ember is still smouldering and I'm starting to look forward to the season intrigued by what the fresh start will bring. Let's hope Muzza isn't afraid to play some attractive rugby and entertain us after a season of the most unimaginative dross seen for years ( and I've seen some sihte!) UTT 

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

See Alex young as signed Newcastle for a year, good luck to the lad hope it works out for him 

I’d be a bit dischuffed at the players Chris has took there with him if I was a Newcastle fan 

9 hours ago, Onreport said:

Yeah, not sure he has learned anything from last season, or maybe I'm missing the point?

Newcastle have made a lot of changes for the new 2023 season, especially becoming a semi pro outfit, a lot of restructuring behind the scenes and also a massive cut in finances from the owner, personally I think Newcastle will struggle this season,

• Like 1

Maybe Chris hasn't had the time like every other coach and the better players have gone 🙈

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

17 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

While it will take a while to get over the complete shambles of last year, where for the first time ever I lost interest. At least an ember is still smouldering and I'm starting to look forward to the season intrigued by what the fresh start will bring. Let's hope Muzza isn't afraid to play some attractive rugby and entertain us after a season of the most unimaginative dross seen for years ( and I've seen some sihte!) UTT 

Hopefully we may just have some outside backs this year to do that! 

• Like 1