Jump to content

Will England vs Fiji be on TV or OurLeague?


Recommended Posts

Been checking the usual reliable sources for news of whether the England vs Fiji friendly will be on TV or not?

Any news whether a broadcaster is interested such as the BBC or even Channel 4?

If IMG are serious about upping the focus on the international game then hopefully we can entice one of the bigger boys to put it on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Nothing confirmed yet. If it's not on TV it's pretty disappointing because it would have been great to build awareness for the World Cup. If we could get C4 to show it it would be a great move and the publicity generated for the World Cup would be far more valuable than any meagre takings on OurLeague (presumably).

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Nothing confirmed yet. If it's not on TV it's pretty disappointing because it would have been great to build awareness for the World Cup. If we could get C4 to show it it would be a great move and the publicity generated for the World Cup would be far more valuable than any meagre takings on OurLeague (presumably).

If it's not on mainstream then give it to the Sportsman rather than having it on OurLeague. At least that way it gets a YouTube audience.

  • Like 12

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

If it's not on mainstream then give it to the Sportsman rather than having it on OurLeague. At least that way it gets a YouTube audience.

Yes, this definitely needs to be available to all and not just the converted.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Beeb have already committed to showing all the RWC games, so broadcasting a warm-up match on top of that might be asking a bit much. 

But we do have other options these days.

  • Like 4

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

not sure you can just "give it" to a broadcaster the week before- surely cameramen - technicians - and many more need to be alerted they are needed to "work" on that date and logistics need to be in place

  • Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

not sure you can just "give it" to a broadcaster the week before- surely cameramen - technicians - and many more need to be alerted they are needed to "work" on that date and logistics need to be in place

But the game has been in the calendar for longer than a week.

If i could be bothered, i'd ask someone on Twitter etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, gingerjon said:

If it's not on mainstream then give it to the Sportsman rather than having it on OurLeague. At least that way it gets a YouTube audience.

It's amazing how often we hide stuff on the app, rather than use YouTube, and I'm not sure why.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

If Sky don't have any WC coverage maybe they'd take the warm up at least?

I'm not sure Sky are keen on boosting awareness of an event broadcast by another company.

  • Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/09/2022 at 20:48, RigbyLuger said:

It's amazing how often we hide stuff on the app, rather than use YouTube, and I'm not sure why.

The last time I attempted to watch a game on OurLeague - having been directed by the RFL twitter about a game heading to a close finish - the advert *for* OurLeague spent so long playing that the game was over by the time I could actually watch it.

We don't (yet) have enough content on there for a subscription model so I don't understand why we don't just put games on YouTube.

  • Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would it make for good TV, friendlies are not useually that good to watch, each coach will want to utilise his whole squad giving everyone a run out, trying different combinations, player's running on and off the field all the time it will look like American Football.

UNLESS, it is played by the proper rules with the maximum number of interchanges allowed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I can't even remember the last time I went on OurLeague let alone watched a game on there. I think it's still installed on my tablet but I'd have to go searching for it. 

2021 season behind closed doors when we didn’t have a choice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

2021 season behind closed doors when we didn’t have a choice

I probably watched 5 minutes of something then. I seem to remember watching 5 of 10 minutes of a game at Lock Lane or involving Lock Lane or something to do with Lock Lane not too long back but can't recall what it was. I think the main reason I don't watch stuff on there is because it isn't advertised widely and I simply forget. Its what people are saying isn't it, its a really hidden away platform to the point where even the most passionate of us fans forget about it. I'll say Lock Lane again. Lock Lane. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I probably watched 5 minutes of something then. I seem to remember watching 5 of 10 minutes of a game at Lock Lane or involving Lock Lane or something to do with Lock Lane not too long back but can't recall what it was. I think the main reason I don't watch stuff on there is because it isn't advertised widely and I simply forget. Its what people are saying isn't it, its a really hidden away platform to the point where even the most passionate of us fans forget about it. I'll say Lock Lane again. Lock Lane. 

Even when I went onto the our league site I struggled to find the live games, that was a year ago or so maybe it's changed, it's like they're even trying to hide the game from fans wanting to watch 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...