RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

My first live one tonight. The players and game as ever saved the day. 

The stadium could’ve should’ve been close to full. Didn’t feel like 10,500 there. Outside didn’t really feel like there was much going on, and East Stand there were no food/drink outlets even open, meaning you had to go under the seating areas.

£85,£60, £40 tickets are not going to fill anywhere on a Tuesday night. 

I tried to get one of the close to empty corner seats, but they were unavailable online. Instead it was same price to stand.

Can’t help feel that it’s an opportunity lost. Again. RL has been damned by the limitations of its administrators for 127 years. 

Thank goodness for its athletes. 

• Like 2

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

2 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

My first live one tonight. The players and game as ever saved the day. 

The stadium could’ve should’ve been close to full. Didn’t feel like 10,500 there. Outside didn’t really feel like there was much going on, and East Stand there were no food/drink outlets even open, meaning you had to go under the seating areas.

£85,£60, £40 tickets are not going to fill anywhere on a Tuesday night. 

I tried to get one of the close to empty corner seats, but they were unavailable online. Instead it was same price to stand.

Can’t help feel that it’s an opportunity lost. Again. RL has been damned by the limitations of its administrators for 127 years. 

Thank goodness for its athletes. 

I must admit my experience was slightly more positive, but it shouldn't vary by stand when they are charging premium prices. 

I was in the West and it was all good. Apart from some real basic gripes, but I'm almost past caring about these now. 

Dare I say it, but the presence of some ‘away’ fans definitely helped tonight (even if most of them are from Leigh*)

That was also something that massively helped at the Women’s Euros with the atmosphere created by the visiting fans, particularly the Dutch and Swedes

The no kiosks in the East terrace was a bit weird but tbf there must have been a dozen people serving in the South; just a shame I missed a try walking all the way back round!

*Not actually kidding

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I was really peed off, the £25 seats weren't sold. I suspect one hadn't been opened as out of the hundreds and hundreds of seats there were around 6 or 7 people sat there. 

I was OK on the terracing but it meant other people didn't come with me because they couldn't sit. 

2 weeks ago I tried to get £25 seated tickets but they was "sold out" according to the website.

I was going to take my dad who's 71 and was happy to sit for £25 but with an expensive weekend in Newcastle (tickets, hotel, fuel, food..ect) he decided against going up to £40 and decided not to come in the West stand terrace as he has a bad knee.

To say I was disappointed to see plenty of empty seats in the £25 block is an understatement. Basically it appears that where not making anymore £25 seated tickets available so people would then go up to the next price. 

In the end I went on my own and the game was absolutely fantastic, but yet another ticket fiasco has left a sour taste. Seems on twitter @redvee.net have highlighted the issue so we will have to see what's said in the coming days.

• Like 4

Just now, saintspete83 said:

2 weeks ago I tried to get £25 seated tickets but they was "sold out" according to the website.

I was going to take my dad who's 71 and was happy to sit for £25 but with an expensive weekend in Newcastle (tickets, hotel, fuel, food..ect) he decided against going up to £40 and decided not to come in the West stand terrace as he has a bad knee.

To say I was disappointed to see plenty of empty seats in the £25 block is an understatement. Basically it appears that where not making anymore £25 seated tickets available so people would then go up to the next price. 

In the end I went on my own and the game was absolutely fantastic, but yet another ticket fiasco has left a sour taste. Seems on twitter @redvee.net have highlighted the issue so we will have to see what's said in the coming days.

They are dishonest charlatans. And with the guy at the top, none of these things surprise me. 

I don't think he can lie straight in bed. 

21 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Dont think any Australians should be piping up about international attendances after their effort last time and tanking the tournament tbf.

I’d say this particular Aussie has always talked up international RL & has every right to comment o; ⎌attendances at a World Cup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

Fan Fascination with crowds is a uniquely RL thing as far as I can make out.

It isn't..loads of union fans make a big deal of it too (Irish, Wasps and Newcastle come in for stick)

It also matters to non fans of RL tuning in....even yesterday a bloke i chat to in gym who knows I love RL (lots of RL tops I train in) said he enjoyed the Italy game but didn't understand why it was sparsely populated ....people at work the same on Monday about the Aussie game 

Not unique because it is def thing that matters 

24 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I think he just likes talking about small things. Seemed obsessed with the "small in goals". 

Probably because in Australia, New Zealand and PNG they're always the same size, just as all the fields of play are the same size too.

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

They are dishonest charlatans. And with the guy at the top, none of these things surprise me. 

I don't think he can lie straight in bed. 

This is where Sadler et al should be taking Dutton and the rest of the hierarchy to the cleaners…

• Like 3

Had an odd email from the RLWC this afternoon asking me to redownload tickets I have for this Sunday and next. The seat numbers are the same, but they have apparently added details to help me get to my seat easier! Not the end of the world but not good customer service either.

Has anyone else had this? The email says:

We are writing to advise you that after consulting with Leigh Sports Village, and in an effort to ensure a smoother matchday experience, we have added additional details to your match ticket to help you get to your seat easier.

This is relevent for the following matches: 

- Mens - Wales v Cook Islands on Wednesday 19 October  
- Mens - Lebanon v Ireland on Sunday 23 October
- Mens - Lebanon v Jamaica on Sunday 30 October

We kindly ask you to redownload your ticket so that you have all the required information to find your seat.

Just now, Whippet13 said:

Had an odd email from the RLWC this afternoon asking me to redownload tickets I have for this Sunday and next. The seat numbers are the same, but they have apparently added details to help me get to my seat easier! Not the end of the world but not good customer service either.

We are writing to advise you that after consulting with Leigh Sports Village, and in an effort to ensure a smoother matchday experience, we have added additional details to your match ticket to help you get to your seat easier.

We kindly ask you to redownload your ticket so that you have all the required information to find your seat.

Yeah I’ve had it. All I can see as a difference is it used to say ‘South Stand, Block A’ on my ticket and it now says ‘South Stand, South Block A’ on there. The barcodes are the same.

It’s doing my head in how every single E-ticket says they must be printed off but they’ve already confirmed only Newcastle, Wire and Middlesbrough need to be printed. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Yes, I think it stemmed from Headingley at the weekend. If your ticket was in Apple/Google wallet it didn’t have the stand on, just the block and obviously you can walk all around the ground. Not an issue at Leigh because the block relates to your specific turnstile with no movement inside but I think they just wanted to be on the safe side. Your original ticket will still work. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

They are maybe expecting a train arriving just before kick off.

• Like 1

Just now, WN83 said:

Yeah I’ve had it. All I can see as a difference is it used to say ‘South Stand, Block A’ on my ticket and it now says ‘South Stand, South Block A’ on there. The barcodes are the same.

It’s doing my head in how every single E-ticket says they must be printed off but they’ve already confirmed only Newcastle, Wire and Middlesbrough need to be printed. 

So I don't need to print it out for LSV? Was a bit worried as am at my parents and they don't have a printer 

Just now, faithfulbyname said:

So I don't need to print it out for LSV? Was a bit worried as am at my parents and they don't have a printer 

No you don’t need to print. Turn your brightness up on your phone and scan the barcode off the PDF on your emails or the QR code from your Apple/Google wallet

4 minutes ago, faithfulbyname said:

Not according to an email they sent before the tournament telling you how to download E-Tickets. They said only Newcastle, Wire and Boro and before games at Newcastle and Warrington so far, the RLWC social media channels have made a point of reminding people tickets must be printed. They’ve not done that for any other games and I’ve seen people using mobile phone tickets at both Kingston Park and tonight at St Helens. 

Edited by WN83

The ticket website requires great persistence to use.

Instances like saying all Cat D seats were sold out tonight when in reality two entire blocks (of 4 Cat D seating blocks) were unoccupied may have put many off attending.

At times, we are not only failing to persuade people to attend but actively putting obstacles in the way.

Edited by Chris22
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Not according to an email they sent before the tournament telling you how to download E-Tickets. They said only Newcastle, Wire and Boro and before games at Newcastle and Warrington so far, the RLWC social media channels have made a point of reminding people tickets must be printed. They’ve not done that for any other games and I’ve seen people using mobile phone tickets at both Kingston Park and tonight at St Helens. 

I used my phone tonight to get in - guy nodded me in after checking it.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 1

Just showed the tickets on the phone and went in.

Walked into the £70 seats too.

No need to mess about if they are not full and a lot of others did too.

Great night. 

6 hours ago, Leonard said:

Just showed the tickets on the phone and went in.

Walked into the £70 seats too.

No need to mess about if they are not full and a lot of others did too.

Great night. 

Bet you'd have been chuffed if you had paid £70 and seen folk doing that.

Not blaming you at all mate, I would have done the same (indeed my dad and I did in 2013 at Cardiff for the Wales game after England), but I'm seeing a few people who have paid £70 etc for tickets and left doubting if it was worth it.

That is damaging imo, as ultimately these are the high value customers that are central to the drive in revenues the organisers are promoting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dave T said:

We are being told that we sold 350k a while ago, and that we are not far off 2013 numbers, which was 458k.

To exceed that we need some decent numbers to start coming in - but not necessarily spectacular. We probably can't afford to have any more crowds under 6k now, and the big events need to do really well. Otherwise, the men's tournament really does risk having lower crowds than 2013, with more games.

After these disappointing-ish crowds of past days I'm getting a bit sceptical about those claims !

Hopefully I'm proved wrong!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Bet you'd have been chuffed if you had paid £70 and seen folk doing that.

Not blaming you at all mate, I would have done the same (indeed my dad and I did in 2013 at Cardiff for the Wales game after England), but I'm seeing a few people who have paid £70 etc for tickets and left doubting if it was worth it.

That is damaging imo, as ultimately these are the high value customers that are central to the drive in revenues the organisers are promoting. 

I find the whole notion of one ticket being £20 or £30 more expensive by virtue of being a bit closer to the middle bizarre tbh. I don't like being stuck in a corner, and it's obviously less fun being up in the clouds like the very top tiers at St James's or Old Trafford, but am happy enough anywhere along the side or behind the sticks.

I do find the spectacle of the middle blocks of seating sitting nearly empty quite terrible and I can't honestly blame folk for moving into obviously empty seats. 

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.