RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

For a game like this, that is the size of our market. There is no disgrace in that. Of course we should be trying hard to grow and sell more each time, but we are not a huge spectator sport. 

Yep your right.  I have not been surprised by ticket sales, although disappointed.

We have always struggled to sell out... maybe if all things were perfect we may have added a few thousand more but I don't think it would have filled the stadiums. Unless we picked the smallest.

Just now, redjonn said:

Yep your right.  I have not been surprised by ticket sales, although disappointed.

We have always struggled to sell out... maybe if all things were perfect we may have added a few thousand more but I don't think it would have filled the stadiums. Unless we picked the smallest.

The England games have actually been very favourable compared to the recent kiwi three game series (from memory and attendance).

You can argue whether World Cup games against lesser sides should pull more.

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

However it did get fuller though didn't it.

Funny enough with minutes to go their were people coming from the car park path..

You could see when the camera panned across

Edited by redjonn

I was there and as an expert on guessing the crowd, I thought there was about 22 thou on and that photo of the west stand is massively wrong at the time of the photo there was probably a thousand in the bars.

• Like 1

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

18 minutes ago, my missus said:

I was there and as an expert on guessing the crowd, I thought there was about 22 thou on and that photo of the west stand is massively wrong at the time of the photo there was probably a thousand in the bars.

That was our guess on the run up to the kick off.

I was in the North stand and went to the gents when the teams were being presented and there was probably a couple of hundred still queuing at the bar and food outlets.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

13 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

No, there was literally some people in Hull watching the kiwi game…

It's a figure of speech....I was trying to highlight that there were precious few attendees at the quarter final in a stadium that holds 20,000 plus seats....in a large city that is a relative hotbed of our sport 

Really disappointing 

I blame the really stupid pricing policy of the WC organisers 

It was simply too expensive  

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

15 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

That was our guess on the run up to the kick off.

I was in the North stand and went to the gents when the teams were being presented and there was probably a couple of hundred still queuing at the bar and food outlets.

Ditto the South Stand. We clapped the women off, went to the loo then joined food queue - 40 mins later waiting to be served with quite a queue behind us. Kick off was maybe 5-10 mins after 2.30 and we just made it out in time. Would add that aspect was disappointing for a massive venue, but I blame other posters on here for talking down actual attendances so catering reduced staffing 😉 As for the West Stand picture, it obviously did get better but there were noticeable areas empty throughout.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

7080 is our official attendance.

(Apols if someone got there first.)

So Hull has managed about 14,000 for 2 games.

3 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

7080 is our official attendance.

(Apols if someone got there first.)

Appalling attendance for what was on show . Surely no one on here can defend this one . Crowd that were there did there best but it was barely a third full . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

However it did get fuller though didn't it.

I was sat in that stand and it got massively fuller, a huge block shown in that photo just behind us suddenly filled, I had just said that doesn't look good to my wife and then next glance was where the fk did they all come from.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, RL Tragic said:

Appalling attendance for what was on show . Surely no one on here can defend this one . Crowd that were there did there best but it was barely a third full . 

Part of the problem is that because it was a great game, many RL fans will say that the attendance is secondary and accuse you of moaning if you don't agree.  But unfortunately it's a very important aspect that never seems to get fixed. 

• Like 1

We really do not deserve these players. Any future internationals up north in the UK should be restricted to Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, and maybe Leeds, because playing it in small, poor northern towns is an absolute non-starter as fans there are either not interest or just cannot afford to support it. 

just for reference the RU international attendances 

scotland v fiji = 58,000k 

wales v nz  = 73,500

We all know who the most skilled group of players are, but do we appreciate it?

This world cup isn't 2000, but at times it does feel that way.

Edited by saintspete83
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's a figure of speech....I was trying to highlight that there were precious few attendees at the quarter final in a stadium that holds 20,000 plus seats....in a large city that is a relative hotbed of our sport 

Really disappointing 

I blame the really stupid pricing policy of the WC organisers 

It was simply too expensive  

There’s more to it than pricing structure, hull attendances have been absolutely pathetic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

I was sat in that stand and it got massively fuller, a huge block shown in that photo just behind us suddenly filled, I had just said that doesn't look good to my wife and then next glance was where the fk did they all come from.

Kates Body guards i think - ironically they are big RL fans

For reference the 2017 Quarters were:

Australia v Samoa, Darwin - 13,473 (Sellout)

Tonga v Lebanon, Christchurch - 8,309 

NZ v Fiji, Wellington - 12,713

England v PNG, Melbourne - 10,563

2013:

NZ v Scotland, Leeds - 16,207

Australia v USA, Wrexham - 5,726

England v France, Wigan - 22,276

Samoa v Fiji, Warrington - 12,766

2 minutes ago, UTK said:

For reference the 2017 Quarters were:

Australia v Samoa, Darwin - 13,473 (Sellout)

Tonga v Lebanon, Christchurch - 8,309 

NZ v Fiji, Wellington - 12,713

England v PNG, Melbourne - 10,563

2013:

NZ v Scotland, Leeds - 16,207

Australia v USA, Wrexham - 5,726

England v France, Wigan - 22,276

Samoa v Fiji, Warrington - 12,766

Indicators are that Warrington tomorrow will be less than 2013 . Why wasn’t Headingley used for a qtr final . It’s given us the best attendances for non England games .