RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

Just now, The Masked Poster said:

How does that work? Genuine question, I've been trying to get two tickets but can only get top dollar ones 

Look at the Map of the stadium and the sections and categories below it, some of the Cat A sections are listed under the Cat B dropdown. For example L32 is CAT A, but if you go to the CAT B dropdown they are available for that price (£85 V £110)

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Look at the Map of the stadium and the sections and categories below it, some of the Cat A sections are listed under the Cat B dropdown. For example L32 is CAT A, but if you go to the CAT B dropdown they are available for that price (£85 V £110)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Weird they're selling East Upper - they usually leave that 7,000 off sale until they're confident they can get over 30k, to keep the crowd concentrated in the lower bowl (and empty seats less visible on the telly)

Don't know whether that's a good sign of sales, or just lack of thought

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

They are basically selling the less desirable seats in each block for the price below. 

I don't know if I trust their version of desirable, I paid for the category above for last Sundays game at Warrington, as the category below wasn't working (or wouldn't let me buy a single ticket) and my seat was rubbish, I was right on the front row in the seated area behind the sticks, which Isn't a great view to watch a RL game, and the sticks were getting in the way of the view a lot of the time 🙂

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I don't know if I trust their version of desirable, I paid for the category above for last Sundays game at Warrington, as the category below wasn't working (or wouldn't let me buy a single ticket) and my seat was rubbish, I was right on the front row in the seated area behind the sticks, which Isn't a great view to watch a RL game, and the sticks were getting in the way of the view a lot of the time 🙂

Absolutely. They are clueless. 

16 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

That really annoyed me, because I emailed Ticketmaster last week requesting that they move my ticket to a raised wheelchair viewing platform at Warrington, only to be told it wasn't possible. Lo and behold when I got to my pitchside space on Sunday and looked up behind me through the rain, there were loads free.

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

We've never clashed with a Twickenham game before, have we? Our London internationals always see plenty of England RU shirts on display. I wonder whether we'll lose some to the other lot on Saturday.

I don’t think so. In fact I think it was the rationale for having the Aussie game in 2016 on a Sunday to avoid it. 

59 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Weird they're selling East Upper - they usually leave that 7,000 off sale until they're confident they can get over 30k, to keep the crowd concentrated in the lower bowl (and empty seats less visible on the telly)

Don't know whether that's a good sign of sales, or just lack of thought

Think some of the hospitality areas are up there these days so it was already open by default

4 hours ago, Leonard said:

30k and 50k would be excellent compared to 67k last time.

I’d say it’s more likely to be 25 and 45, but tbh that would be a decent turnout, particularly as there’ll be 70k + at the final if England win. 

I took a few non-RL pals to the NZ Fiji QF and they interestingly they couldn’t have cared less about how few people were there, they just really enjoyed the game. Maybe it’s just us TRL nerds who obsess about attendances. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, thehullram said:

3847 at the wheelchair today, another world record. 🙂

A few people I know who have zero interest in RL have mentioned the wheelchair games that they’ve seen on tv, sounds like it’s been popular viewing. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, thehullram said:

Tremendous going for a Wednesday morning.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

48 minutes ago, thehullram said:

When Champ & League 1 (and maybe some SL) clubs get their knickers in a twist about grading with IMG I hope they remember this is how you grow the sport, exposing all the variations of it. Elite clubs need to have a team for all 

Edited by Spidey

5 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Any noise on how Emirates ticket sales are going?

To be fair to the RFL, when I spotted they were now subtly "recategorising" (not discounting eh @Dave T..!!) blocks I asked them to move our group buy to better seats now being sold at the price I paid and they did. Hope the price changes are helping shift a few more tickets in the final week.

Sounds like an opportunity for my lad to pull a fast one telling us how much he paid for the tickets.

• Haha 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I’d say it’s more likely to be 25 and 45, but tbh that would be a decent turnout, particularly as there’ll be 70k + at the final if England win. 

I took a few non-RL pals to the NZ Fiji QF and they interestingly they couldn’t have cared less about how few people were there, they just really enjoyed the game. Maybe it’s just us TRL nerds who obsess about attendances. 

I don't think it is though. Sure you can enjoy a game with a small crowd, I've done it myself several times. The problem is the amount of these games, its not a good look or financially positive. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Masked Poster said:

I don't think it is though. Sure you can enjoy a game with a small crowd, I've done it myself several times. The problem is the amount of these games, its not a good look or financially positive. 

Yeah I know it’s not financially positive but the point I’m trying to make is that maybe not many people care about it not being a good look, and just watch what’s on the pitch. Even Serie A in its pomp was played in front of swathes of empty seats / terraces and nobody cared about that, it was top viewing at the time. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Yeah I know it’s not financially positive but the point I’m trying to make is that maybe not many people care about it not being a good look, and just watch what’s on the pitch. Even Serie A in its pomp was played in front of swathes of empty seats / terraces and nobody cared about that, it was top viewing at the time. 

Yes but Serie A has grown and that's not the case now, whereas it never seems to change in RL.

Put it another way too, the wheelchair game this morning got 3600+, apparently a record. That is great. 

But forget the money side of it, do you think those players will have found it more special than if there had been 350 people there? The players deserve it IMO. 

32 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Yes but Serie A has grown and that's not the case now, whereas it never seems to change in RL.

Serie A has shrunk. 30,000 average 20 years ago around 25,000 now. Juve have built and Milan and Inter soon will build stadiums 20,000 smaller then before to hide it. 

• Like 2

Just landed in my inbox...

Tomorrow at 8:30am, a limited number of Category E tickets for the men’s and women’s double-header final at Old Trafford on Saturday 19th November will go on sale for £45 for adults and £20 for students and U16s.

These tickets have been given back to us from partners, and as one of our biggest supporters, we wanted to let you know about them first.

With England Men and Women still in contention for a place at the Theatre of Dreams, we expect fans to snatch up these limited tickets extremely quickly.

They will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, so block out 8.30am in your calendar and secure your place at what will be a thrilling culmination to Rugby League World Cup 2021.