Where Should the 2029 World Cup be held?

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I think you will find that USA is nailed on 🙂

P

Spill the beans… you’ve been banging on about North America recently. 

I’d love in order of preference:

1. US/Canada

2. New Zealand/Pacific Islands

3. Australia

The UK shouldn’t see a World Cup again until 2033.

Edited by GeordieSaint
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Live NZ and PNG then Polynesia holding group games. (And Fiji) Stadiums are of a size we can sell out. Obviously there is more to just the Stadium. If not 2029 maybe plan now for 2033. It seems a natural choice as opposed to USA and Canada. 

Unless the Australian government are willing to fund it as part of their charm offensive to ward off any potential growing Chinese influence in the region holding games in the pacific will be a financial disaster unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eal said:

New Zealand as sole host. I think it could work and the nation would get behind it.

There’s no question that New Zealand could host it in terms of infrastructure but I’m not sold on the idea that the NZ public would “get behind it” unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

No way, attendances would very terrible. Even the Kiwis struggle to get a decent crowd.

Sad but true.

I remember some awful crowds in the 4nations a few years back in Christchurch and Dunedin.

The fact that the kiwis are pretty much invisible to the NZ public doesn’t help either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tosh said:

Wasn’t the USA supposed to be hosting the 2021 World Cup?

Bid submitted by the same bloke/organisation who arranged the Denver Test, I believe.

Still, I'm sure that with no teams, no solvent NGB and no sign of actual financial investment, alongside no people with knowledge on the ground, we can run a massively successful and profitable World Cup in the USA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

An NZ hosted World Cup is the best option in my opinion and highly likely. They’ve never gotten a World Cup by themselves and France will get one in 2025 so it’s NZ’s turn.

Games can go at:

Eden Park 52,000

Wellington Stadium 35,000

Mt Smart 30,000

Dunden 30,00

Yarrow Stadium 27,000

New Christchurch Stadium 26,000

Rotorua 26,000

Waikato 25,000

North Harbour Stadium 25,000

They have a fairly large abundance of good size stadiums.

• Like 2