1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/22 at 19:00

Seen bigger scores in the SL. Not a big deal. These things happen in WCs. It's all about opportunity.

There needs to be another competition between the very top sides. A bit like darts with their World Championship and Premier League. Huge class difference in the early rounds, but it's about exposure and opportunity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yet you want Leigh in SL.... arnt Leigh just the Scotland of SL.

They come up to SL and each time favorite to be relegated and struggle all year - bit like teams like Scotland in their mini WC league .

Let's see this year? what you talk about is history, but you don't need to worry about mismatches at Derwent Park you can't get much lower on the ladder.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Moe syszlak said:

I'm not enjoying such a one sided game personally. But people moaning that it embarrasses the game should remember the England women's football team won a game 20-0 a while back and all you hear in the media is how great they are, not that big scores shouldn't happen.

In the 2005 Rugby Union World Cup, New Zealand beat Japan 145-17. They scored 21 tries. It happens.

Edited by Jinking Jimmy
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, MattSantos said:

Like my Football Nations League idea... 

I didn't disagree with it, just pointed out that the European Championship is being set up to effectively do it already.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

The argument runs that Scotland will be better if they play more games like this - i.e. if we have a European Championship then this Scotland side would face England not the England Knights.

Anyone seriously believe that?

Or will they stand a better chance of improving by having regular competitive opportunities against equivalent international opposition whilst being required to develop proper domestic structures before being allowed to qualify for World Cups in the future.

Think they should be banned from RLWC qualifying until they can get a proper domestic competition running. Not just union players having a run around for 3 weeks in the off season. Proper structures, women's game, schools etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Seen bigger scores in the SL. Not a big deal. These things happen in WCs. It's all about opportunity.

There needs to be another competition between the very top sides. A bit like darts with their World Championship and Premier League. Huge class difference in the early rounds, but it's about exposure and opportunity.

Exactly what I have said.

• Like 1

Just now, londonrlfan said:

Think they should be banned from RLWC qualifying until they can get a proper domestic competition running. Not just union players having a run around for 3 weeks in the off season. Proper structures, women's game, schools etc.

100%, Couldn’t agree more. They offer absolutely nothing.

• Like 2

If/when the Aussies get to the final , they’ll demand an Aussie referee.

I’m sure I read a stat that the last 20 games that they’ve played against the Kiwis ( that’s when they can be bothered to play them ) 17 of the games have been reffed by an Aussie .

Let’s face it , they need all the help they can get , don’t they 😳

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

We had another comp with just top sides. Like everything in RL, we got rid of it...

1 minute ago, londonrlfan said:

Think they should be banned from RLWC qualifying until they can get a proper domestic competition running

We need to enforce the standards that already exist.

That would focus a few minds.

(I should add: I have no issue with a blow out in a World Cup. They happen. This looks grim because of the stadium choice but I've no problem with this kind of thing happening every few years when a minnow faces a giant. It's just not helpful to condemn them to 100 point defeats every year in the name of them only playing international first teams out of principle).

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

Matches like this do no favours for RL. One sided game in an empty stadium with a team with no locals in it. I doubt anyone in Scotland will be picking up the sport tonight. 

Did they say this about football when Germany hammered Brazil....or did they just marvel over how good Germany were??

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

I don't think we should ban RL teams. 

Dont we frown on stuff like that in Rugby League with the history we have had?