Leigh changing their name? Bored journo doing a rumour?

2 hours ago, Martyn Sadler said:

And it's worth noting that a thread that began at 9.15am yesterday has now gone to 25 pages with 645 posts.

Whether you like the rebrand or not, it seems to be generating plenty of discussion.

The rebrand is ensuring that the club is being talked about.

It’s mostly pointing and laughing to be fair. The good parts are lost and the horrific bit is the main point… that is not good in anyones book..

also look up blue socks in the urban dictionary… having that as the name of a club is not cool!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Which document are you referring to?

The presentation document which YOU linked on twitter and said was "very impressive".

https://twitter.com/MartynSadler/status/1583212032421400577?s=20&t=rm0-LDS1AqOaGaHN03wCmw

Link to said document: https://indd.adobe.com/view/3d3e261d-1fa5-41de-8aee-f89dad654e96

Screenshot 2022-10-21 150212.png

Edited by Tim Streets tache
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

this one that's been linked to and ridiculed numerous times in the thread.

Have a look through it and see if you think it's good.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/3d3e261d-1fa5-41de-8aee-f89dad654e96

Not fifteen minutes ago, I finished reading an actual, 'dyed-in-the-paper' copy of the introductory, Leigh Leopards brochure, and to me it looks great; high-quality item, and the new name (Leopards replacing Centurions) great.

More modern for a start.  Centurions are ancient history.  How many people nowadays would automatically think, "Centurions - really snappy name!" 

Whereas sports clubs using the names of fast, fierce or fascinating animals abound.

🙂

Edited by Honor James
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

36 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Such a cool idea to name the women's team after female viking warriors, for a team in Jorvic. Love it. Great visual relationship between the logos too, excellent.

Can you draw leopards too? Asking for a friend 

• Haha 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

28 minutes ago, burnleywelsh said:

MCCM Marketing are apparently 'The professionals' that didn't do York....

Oh my God...

https://www.facebook.com/MCCMKTG/

image.png.138fb148969622ab41dced3342d61a3f.png

Quote: "The feedback has been mixed and negativity always shines over positivity because as human, pessimism unfortunately is in our nature."

The feedback hasn't been mixed.

Edited by Stuff Smith
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Honor James said:

Not fifteen minutes ago, I finished reading an actual, 'dyed-in-the-paper' copy of the introductory, Leigh Leopards brochure, and to me it looks great; high-quality item, and the new name (Leopards replacing Centurions) great.

More modern for a start.  Centurions are ancient history.  How many people nowadays would automatically think, "Centurions - really snappy name!" 

Whereas sports clubs using the names of fast, fierce or fascinating animals abound.

🙂

High quality item, good one.

29 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

this one that's been linked to and ridiculed numerous times in the thread.

Have a look through it and see if you think it's good.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/3d3e261d-1fa5-41de-8aee-f89dad654e96

10 minutes ago, Honor James said:

🙂

Is the Adobe link the brochure you are talking about or is there another one?

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just on Hull KR

Look at the difference between the rationale and this leopards thing

https://badge.hullkr.co.uk

Do the Leopards even have a working website? 

As an aside I thought the Hull KR rebrand was perfectly executed and communicated. As was Wigans and Salfords around the same time. 

• Like 4

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

2 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

As an aside I thought the Hull KR rebrand was perfectly executed and communicated. As was Wigans and Salfords around the same time. 

I didn’t particularly care for Wigans redesign of the crest and was over critical, but the overall brand execution was excellent and it was obvious that a lot of care, thought and detail had gone into it.

• Like 1

"The feedback has been mixed and negativity always shines over positivity because as human, pessimism unfortunately is in our nature."

Ha ha, yeah its everyone else`s fault this is laughably bad, lets just ignore thats its almost 100% been derided by all other than Degys`s sycophants.

• Like 2

Literally no thought or care has gone into this Leigh rebrand, he can say all he likes but there's no way a professional designer has been involved in any of it. Might have been someone who wants to be a graphic designer and owns a laptop but no-one who actually earns their money designing anything would churn this out.

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Literally no thought or care has gone into this Leigh rebrand, he can say all he likes but there's no way a professional designer has been involved in any of it. Might have been someone who wants to be a graphic designer and owns a laptop but no-one who actually earns their money designing anything would churn this out.

See recent posts.....^^^^