2023 New Kits - Part 2

40 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

This one takes some beating.

Wigan-Rugby-League-Shirt-1965-Billy-Boston-Front.jpg

I own a similar one, but the badge has a white background. The only downside is that it's rarely been cold enough out recently to wear a shirt like this without overheating.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I own a similar one, but the badge has a white background. The only downside is that it's rarely been cold enough out recently to wear a shirt like this without overheating.

Shirts are a big money spinner, but as an old git I love the original shirts which clubs always played in. No teams in that era had a bad shirt.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Shirts are a big money spinner, but as an old git I love the original shirts which clubs always played in. No teams in that era had a bad shirt.

Yes, why would they ever play in anything else (money aside of course).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

A bit of nostalgia here. I remember getting this in the Hotspur comic as a kid.

Hotspur-Club-Colours-8.jpg

Unfortunately they got Rochdale Hornets wrong…should be another white hoop above the red one. I expect there are some other errors in there aswell. What colour is that swinton shirt?

22 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Unfortunately they got Rochdale Hornets wrong…should be another white hoop above the red one. I expect there are some other errors in there aswell. What colour is that swinton shirt?

Correct, also Keighley used to be white with a red and green vee. But to get this in a national comic at the time was a big deal for rugby league supporting kids.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Here's an old photo of them.

242631288.jpg.gallery.jpg

if the guy top right puts his collar down that could be the chap in the comic from Oldham, Leigh or Wigan!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'm sure sponsors will be pleased:

Listen, you and I might not like this but at least they might actually put a shirt on the mascot now.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

57 minutes ago, Damien said:

Oh

My

God

Look I love Derek’s attitude, but you can either do this stuff professionally (even keeping it self-deprecatingly camp as f***), or you can do it badly. And that’s off the scale 🤣🤣🤣

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Christ alive!!

Look I get it, they're trying to be different and really push the leopard print thing (they could have done it a lot better) and I'm sure there will be loads of Leigh fans buy them but they could at least try and put some sense that they have got a professional to do things.

Who on earth cut that Leopard out n Photoshop and put it on a black background? surely they could have got someone who knows what they are doing, unless Degsy did it in Microsoft Paint?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, phiggins said:

It looks like the 1000 shirts they are putting up for sale are going to sell pretty quickly, so I don't think they'll be displeased.

I'm sure they will sell, mainly because of the reason for the shirt but why do they have to do things so unprofessionally?

51 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Oh

My

God

Look I love Derek’s attitude, but you can either do this stuff professionally (even keeping it self-deprecatingly camp as f***), or you can do it badly. And that’s off the scale 🤣🤣🤣

I have my fingers crossed that Degsy is wearing a full on leopard print suit when he leads Leigh out at Wembley.

• Like 1

Can you imagine if Leigh win the cup and the image of someone wearing that, lifting the cup at Wembley is the only image of Rugby League some people will see this year, what on earth will they think of our sport?.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Can you imagine if Leigh win the cup and the image of someone wearing that, lifting the cup at Wembley is the only image of Rugby League some people will see this year, what on earth will they think of our sport?.

They'll think a team with a rubbish kit won a cup.

• Haha 1