Your best three Christmas songs

I apologise if this has already been done. Just ignore if so. 
what are your favourite christmas songs

mine are 

1. Two Fingers of Firewater : Douglas Fir.
2. Darren Hayman : Christmas Wars. 
3. HMHB : Cliched To Be Cynical. 
4. St Etienne : I Was Born On Christmas Day

If i knew how to use YouTube id put the Darren Hayman tune on here but i don’t. 
I don’t think Two Fingers Of Firewater released Douglas Fir, but it is a beautiful song even though it’s quite depressing. So i have been told by friends & Da Family. 

• Like 1

Can't say what's best, but here's a very random selection.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

33 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Nothing comes near to this as far as I'm concerned.

Goosebumps no matter how often I hear it.

• Like 1

"When I saw the Pistols and The Clash I realised it didn't seem that difficult, they didn't seem like they could play very well either, so the thing was to form a band then work it out. We didn't even know who was going to play what - we passed around all the instruments until we found what we were comfortable with. I wasn't comfortable with any of them so I became the singer."

Terry Hall on forming The Specials.

7 hours ago, Shadow said:

like many others such as the power of love by fgth and stay by e17 - not actually recorded or intended to be a christmas song

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

like many others such as the power of love by fgth and stay by e17 - not actually recorded or intended to be a christmas song

Keeping the Dream alive by Freiheit often appears on Christmas compilations and playlists in the USA, mainly because it was a December release.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Keeping the Dream alive by Freiheit often appears on Christmas compilations and playlists in the USA, mainly because it was a December release.

am fairly sure - merry Christmas everyone - by shakin stevens was always meant to be an xmas record though

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, hw88 said:

'Another Rock n' Roll Christmas' - airbrushed from history because it is by ........................ Gary Glitter!

Hate the man not the music!

Some great songs from the glam rock era , loved them all , just so much fun , they didn't pretend to be anything else although some of the bands were genuine rockers really , definitely ###### that the biggest exponent of the genre turned out to be a peadophile 

In answer to the OP , the pogues for me followed by the 2 big classics by Slade and Roy Wood , " ok you lot , Take it " 😁

Edited by GUBRATS

A few suggestions.

With regard to Futtocks' and Ullman's selection of "Gaudete", it's good to know a song can still be popular 440 years after publication!  It appeared in the Finnish collection, "Piae Cantiones" ('Pious Songs') of 1582.

I agree with them; it is good.  My church choir will sing it on Sunday during the annual carol service.

• Like 1

No idea how to put videos on posts but surely ‘Christmas Countdown’ by Frank Kelly - Father Jack Hackett in Father Ted - deserves an honourable mention.

There is a video of him on You Tube performing the song on Top of the Tops on 5 January 1982.  The song got to 26 in the UK charts.

But for me the Christmas Carol ‘In the bleak mid-winter’ tops all modern efforts.

6 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

But for me the Christmas Carol ‘In the bleak mid-winter’ tops all modern efforts.

Which begs the question - which tune? Gustav Holst or Harold Darke?

Three more for your festive enjoyment.