Friendlies

53 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Having different prices for school age kids is nonsense IMO. All clubs should let U5's in free, then it should be 5-16, 16-18 (or full-time student), Adult, over 65. 

Slightly OT, but seeing as these prices are relating to Leigh, the pitch at the LSV ain't looking great at the minute. Utd women just played on it and I assume the Utd u23's & youth team are playing there as well?

Can't agree with you here SalfordSlim getting customers in as young as possible is paramount especially for the long term gains.

Leigh SV pitch will be a mess if it's over used.

No matter how often we see the poor effects of ground sharing in one way or another, owners will use it as a means of income.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, SalfordSlim said:

Having different prices for school age kids is nonsense IMO. All clubs should let U5's in free, then it should be 5-16, 16-18 (or full-time student), Adult, over 65. 

Slightly OT, but seeing as these prices are relating to Leigh, the pitch at the LSV ain't looking great at the minute. Utd women just played on it and I assume the Utd u23's & youth team are playing there as well?

U 23s yesterday , it's looking a bit ' dark ' in patches isn't it ? , Would not surprise me if the SMC try to cancel our match with Leeds next week now 🤔😡

Swinton Lions 44-10 Midlands Hurricanes (HT: 28-6)

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

6 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Can't agree with you here SalfordSlim getting customers in as young as possible is paramount especially for the long term gains.

No matter how often we see the poor effects of ground sharing in one way or another, owners will use it as a means of income.

A point I was trying to make to a Wakey fan that was suggesting 40 hours usage a week of their new hybrid pitch  🤔 , I was pointing out that the LSV only gets around 6 hours maximum , matches only , no training 

23 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

A point I was trying to make to a Wakey fan that was suggesting 40 hours usage a week of their new hybrid pitch  🤔 , I was pointing out that the LSV only gets around 6 hours maximum , matches only , no training 

And time after time you were shot down because the LSV pitch is not what Wakefield have laid.

Whether they get the 30-40 hours intended remains to be seen, but it's going to better than whatever carpet is at LSV.

Edited by dboy

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Sorry mate I think you've misread my post.😁 What I was trying to say is that 5-16yo should be the same cheap prices and 12-16 shouldn't be paying more like they are at Leigh. If it was down to me u16's would get in free like I did as a Junior Red at Salfors back in the late 80's, early 90's. That make more sense?

You recoup far more back later in life from fans than you do from kids who don't have the disposable income.

• Like 2

Glad to see some results/chatter about the various friendlies that have been played today. It was starting to look like yet another Leigh thread. 

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, dboy said:

And time after time you were shot down because the LSV pitch is not what Wakefield have laid.

Whether they get the 30-40 hours intended remains to be seen, but it's going to better than whatever carpet is at LSV.

The pitch at the LSV is a hybrid  pitch , I watched it being stitched , chatting with the machine operators , they showed me the fibres being inserted , they were off to Wembley the following week 

You really think Manchester United would let their juniors and women play on an artificial pitch ? 

Feel free to let all and sundry use the Belle Vue pitch , if so it won't last out a year , and you'll have half a million down the swanny 

5 minutes ago, Rene_Artois said:

Doncaster 12 York 28. Fairly competitive. Dons spent a lot of the match defending their goal line. York looked fast and organised. We won't play anyone as strong for the rest of the season so I'm fairly happy.

yes thought donny gave us a real workout, goodluck for the season ahead

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The pitch at the LSV is a hybrid  pitch , I watched it being stitched , chatting with the machine operators , they showed me the fibres being inserted , they were off to Wembley the following week 

You really think Manchester United would let their juniors and women play on an artificial pitch ? 

Feel free to let all and sundry use the Belle Vue pitch , if so it won't last out a year , and you'll have half a million down the swanny 

The pitch LSV have is not the same pitch Wakefield have.

Carter & Minards haven't made the claim up.

The pitch company, and their extensive empirical and science-based evidence, say 30-40 hours of use in summer.

Who to believe? Them or you?

1 hour ago, SalfordSlim said:

You recoup far more back later in life from fans than you do from kids who don't have the disposable income.

And quite a few will bring their parents in the meantime.

Yes that was much clearer SalfordSlim

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, tim2 said:

Swinton Lions 44-10 Midlands Hurricanes (HT: 28-6)

Hurricanes were slow out of the blocks and lost their discpiline late on but otherwise put up a good fight today. We deserved another try at least but Lions defended well and have certainly upped their game for the Championship.

Excited for the new season but worried by the big gaps in the calendar. Not a good look for building a club in a new home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dboy said:

The pitch LSV have is not the same pitch Wakefield have.

Carter & Minards haven't made the claim up.

The pitch company, and their extensive empirical and science-based evidence, say 30-40 hours of use in summer.

Who to believe? Them or you?

I noticed you've added " in summer " 😂 , do football teams play in summer ? 

4 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

Disappointed then

Happy with the first half showing going in 18-0 at HT. Then took off some key players. Think me and my Dad felt the worse for Fax looking at their squad before the game. It looked quite an uneven match in every department but credit to Fax they played some quality RL in the 2nd and made the score respectable. We've brought in some quality, not at all worried about what the bookies say think we will do alright. Credit to the fax fans for making up a good healthy crowd. Nice to see a good turn out. Glad I've retired from RL wouldn't want to be tackling Taufua lol

6 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Happy with the first half showing going in 18-0 at HT. Then took off some key players. Think me and my Dad felt the worse for Fax looking at their squad before the game. It looked quite an uneven match in every department but credit to Fax they played some quality RL in the 2nd and made the score respectable. We've brought in some quality, not at all worried about what the bookies say think we will do alright. Credit to the fax fans for making up a good healthy crowd. Nice to see a good turn out. Glad I've retired from RL wouldn't want to be tackling Taufua lol

I never get too fussed about friendlies it’s all just about match fitness and getting your combinations working particularly with new half backs. Fax are a decent side they all work hard for each other and they have a decent set of halves. How’s Morgan Smith doing for you guys? Wish Fev had kept him.

15 minutes ago, dboy said:

Do RL teams play in winter.

Are you going to keep telling the experts they are wrong?

Been watching your verbal tennis with GUBRATS, experts when they are linked to the product they supply/sell usually exaggerate the quality of the product, I am not an expert but time will tell if it lives upto expectations, Warrington’s pitch only had problems when football teams played and overlapped the rugby season thats why we stopped doing it. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Been watching your verbal tennis with GUBRATS, experts when they are linked to the product they supply/sell usually exaggerate the quality of the product, I am not an expert but time will tell if it lives upto expectations, Warrington’s pitch only had problems when football teams played and overlapped the rugby season thats why we stopped doing it. 

Agree completely.

Also, even if the pitch would stand 30-40 hours per week, Wakefield finding enough customers to fill that is another thing completely.

I certainly don't want to see our pitch covered with markings from other sports, but money talks.