Mon 13 Feb: Ch: York Knights v Bradford Bulls KO 19:45 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York Knights
    • Bradford Bulls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/23 at 20:15

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well one week was how long the optimism lasted. Was at work so expected us to lose when I checked but be spanked by York, if we are serious about playoffs, is galling. 

Think In a few weeks with Haven not pulling up any trees will show we scraped past a relegation side . 

Bulls were poor, very poor, York were the better team by far

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Bradford by contrast have looked like a poorly-coached, flakey outfit. An abundance of individual errors, very poor discipline, soft up the middle and very weak goal-line defence. There was a lot of talk about the "culture has changed at Bradford this year" but they have the same coach as last season and despite having a much stronger team on paper this year they will need to do a lot better than this.

When they should have walked League 1 and nearly cocked it up, there was at least one "big name player" who always looked unfit and was just awful. I hope some of their similar recruits aren't the same. 

• Like 1

Ok as many know I'm an optimistic. No disrespect to York that was so winnable for us. We didn't win. I can see why Dunning picked the side he did. Patton doesn't fit. Attitude. Bollocking players for minute mistakes. Lawford all day for me.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Just back from the game ....... pleased with the York win, especially with the players missing and Matty Marsh off within 10 minutes, but boy, the Bulls were poor.

Even more than the continual coughing up of the ball in their own half, and the poor goal line defence, it looked like they had thrown in the towel by the hour mark. If I was a Bradford fan, I would be fuming with that performance.

• Like 1

Well that was very bad. Fear it could be quite a damaging performance more than result as fans patience right now is paper thin. Some very dumb plays and realistically they got beat up down the middle, looked a carbon copy of most of last year I.e. lacking in effort and desire, which is unacceptable! Infuriating! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Widnes home , Toulouse then Fev (both losses) . Could be four losses on the spin before Bulls take on Sheffield. 

And if they perform anywhere near last night, that will be 5 losses on the spin there simply looks to be no cohesion between the players whatsoever and as individuals if we had the old performance marking out of 10 I doubt any would have reached a 5.

• Like 1

I went along to this as a neutral last night.

I thought York did the simple things well - they didn't have much choice but to do things simply having lost Marsh in addition to other, regular, half backs.

Bradford couldn't even get the simple things right, never mind build any momentum from there - I was shocked at the number of bombs the back three dropped.

• Like 1

Huge upset that for one of the main promotion contenders to get beat like that. In all seriousness I really didn't get the hype behind Bradford this season yes they brought in a couple of players who will help with culture at the club but also brought in ones who won't and kept ones that don't. Its a tough hole to get out of when the squad needs a full strip down and that won't be an overnight thing and Dunning finds himself in a tough spot with little or no improvement since Kear left but still with the presures of a fan base that demands success. All that said they should be there or there abouts when it comes to nicking one of the last play off spots and its only the second game in of a long season and York are no mugs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Huge upset that for one of the main promotion contenders to get beat like that. 

Who in their right mind had Bradford as anything even close to promotion contenders? The RL media were just bigging them up to get clicks as they know they've got the biggest fanbase in the Championship. They'll do well to make the play-offs in my opinion, had York not been missing 6-7 of our first choice 17 we'd have put 60 on them.

The whole culture from the ground up at Bradford needs to change before they get anywhere like challenging I'm afraid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

31 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Huge upset that for one of the main promotion contenders to get beat like that. In all seriousness I really didn't get the hype behind Bradford this season yes they brought in a couple of players who will help with culture at the club but also brought in ones who won't and kept ones that don't. Its a tough hole to get out of when the squad needs a full strip down and that won't be an overnight thing and Dunning finds himself in a tough spot with little or no improvement since Kear left but still with the presures of a fan base that demands success. All that said they should be there or there abouts when it comes to nicking one of the last play off spots and its only the second game in of a long season and York are no mugs.

What 'hype'? Who has said Bradford are promotion contenders? They are nowhere near Featherstone and Toulouse and never have been.

Edited by Nothus

5 hours ago, Nothus said:

What 'hype'? Who has said Bradford are promotion contenders? They are nowhere near Featherstone and Toulouse and never have been.

Bookies had them as 3rd favorites and at least one Rugby League writer has been banging on about them all summer. Really didn't get the hype mself given their signings.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nothus said:

Callum Walker , journo of this parish , once, sometimes twice a week bigging up the Bulls.

• Like 1

It's worth pointing out that during the off-season the SMTMUK/Full 80 minutes team was churning out regular videos which some of the RL "news" websites were using as almost daily sources for stories to try and attract readers. I actually quite like those guys, even Mick Gledhill though he's easy to laugh at is a big RL fan at heart, but there are some obvious biases, not just Gledhill/Bradford, but also the Jack Walker SMTMUK connection which saw Bradford being bigged up (if I heard the phrase "culture change" about Bradford once I heard it a hundred times) as was also the case with Keighley becuase of the Luke Gale/SMTMUK connection, and the clickbait sites lapped it up.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's worth pointing out that during the off-season the SMTMUK/Full 80 minutes team was churning out regular videos which some of the RL "news" websites were using as almost daily sources for stories to try and attract readers. I actually quite like those guys, even Mick Gledhill though he's easy to laugh at is a big RL fan at heart, but there are some obvious biases, not just Gledhill/Bradford, but also the Jack Walker SMTMUK connection which saw Bradford being bigged up (if I heard the phrase "culture change" about Bradford once I heard it a hundred times) as was also the case with Keighley becuase of the Luke Gale/SMTMUK connection, and the clickbait sites lapped it up.

That some "journalists" don't seem to try corroborate any story coming from their mouths, they aren't doing their job properly, but, as they probably only care for clicks, they may not care.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nothus said:

The "SL needs Bulls" garbage never ends.

Noble et al.

Odsal this, Odsal that.

Had big crowds etc.

Just make it stop. Do your talking on the field.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Who in their right mind had Bradford as anything even close to promotion contenders? The RL media were just bigging them up to get clicks as they know they've got the biggest fanbase in the Championship. They'll do well to make the play-offs in my opinion, had York not been missing 6-7 of our first choice 17 we'd have put 60 on them.

The whole culture from the ground up at Bradford needs to change before they get anywhere like challenging I'm afraid.

Dont worry about 1 bad performance. I mean its possible to concede 100 points in a single game and still make the playoffs isnt it...... 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Dont worry about 1 bad performance. I mean its possible to concede 100 points in a single game and still make the playoffs isnt it...... 

Play off semis in fact! 

• Like 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

image.png.b14ef417db319fc47030fcb9f3ac5e6a.png

A quote from the Bradford Bulls forum. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but its easy to see why people are finding the hype funny. I think a lot of people would see a good season for Bradford as them sneaking in to the playoffs. I really can't say who they have signed that has taken them from a mid table team to having the 2nd best starting 17 in the league.