Sun 19th Feb: SL: Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO 15:00

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/02/23 at 15:30

Just a note for anyone posting in here.

This is a thread to discuss the match.

Anyone attempting to divert it onto other matters will potentially end up losing their posting rights until the game has been played.

Thanks for your co-operation.

• Haha 8

I liked the look of both Tex Hoy and Jake Clifford in the solitary game I've seen them play but Hull FC will need a huge improvement in both attitude and effort to be challenging this year after their dismal efforts last.

But, in Tony Smith we trust!

(For the time being)

Hull FC 26 Cas Targers 16.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

We have been written off by most people this year but I actually really like the look of the new signings and if anyone can get a tune out of an underperforming squad it's Tony Smith. I think we will put down an early marker.

Hull 28 v 12 Cas

• Like 1

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid024HnMT2m9AYZHD4PEzc1VrrxBAYnzStMdSeupaR9Gzjtqv39xVV4dbzC18uQzA7Xcl&id=100573659996961

Looks like it's going to be a real good crowd on Sunday. People obviously buying into the Tony Smith era. Based on what they are saying there, and if Castleford bring a couple thousand, I'd say we should be looking at 15k+

• Like 1

Finally we can post on the match thread again.

A bit disappointing that my reply to a Wigan fan criticising Hull fans and describing them as a "funny lot" was deleted but the original post allowed to stay. I usually have no problems with him but that was out of order I thought.

Hull FC have stated that this will be the biggest SL crowd of the opening round which is great seeing as my lot are doomed to bankruptcy according to one or two of our East Hull friends who post on here.

Really looking forward to Sunday, another false dawn perhaps?, maybe, but there is a very positive feeling amongst Hull FC fans, time will tell I whether or not that is justified I guess.

• Like 1

Over 1,200 Cas fans joining us on Sunday.

• Like 2

Hull for me in this one. As well as all the disruption around Tigers preparation, I think Hull have a more creative, and better structured attack. Tony Smith's influence will be there for all to see.

Castleford on the other hand are unlikely to offer anything more than 5 drives and a lick. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Hull for me in this one. As well as all the disruption around Tigers preparation, I think Hull have a more creative, and better structured attack. Tony Smith's influence will be there for all to see.

Castleford on the other hand are unlikely to offer anything more than 5 drives and a lick. 

New acting halfback has been getting plenty of practice in in his leisure time. Cas might still get it up for this one.

Beautiful day over here in Hull.

Hopefully around 15,000 there today, hope the majority go home happy...

It will be interesting to see how The Smith Factor has, or hasn't changed the style of football we've been used to seeing from Hull. I've a feeling they will do well this year and on the occasions when they lose it won't be through lack of effort.