Thur 16th Feb: SL: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/23 at 20:30

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Wire to get off to a flier . I can see them winning super league this year 

You been out in the Australian sun all day without a hat on mate,you know our Cumbrian heads are not used to the big orange thing in the sky.

• Confused 1

Only an observation, and not based on any data at all, but Warrington look visibly to be carrying a fair bit more body fat than in previous seasons. 

Their media day stuff 10 days ago, a good few of the bigger names were clearly carrying a few extra kilos.

I hope this doesn't indicate a more relaxed regime at the club. 

20 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Walker and clark are interesting ones, Daz looked done as a player last year, he looked a little better in the leigh game running off the back of bigger forwards, he just looked a mile better.

Walker is still a bit too small for me, he's got a good kicking game which clark doesn't, powell supposedly likes him but he also got treated very similarly last year as he did under price, start a game, play 20 minutes then get dragged off when we were losing and then not seen in the team for a few weeks.

You omitted to mention Drinkwater, what is your opinion of him Barry? 

I have one which goes back to the couple of seasons he was at Leigh and having taken particular notice of him whilst at Catalan he still has the same attributes that being if his team are on top and dominant he is very clearly an asset, but if it is hard and he has to get stuck in he is only noticeable by his absence even though he is on the field, to me the lad has everything but the important bit situated in his chest, just my opinion.

Edited by Harry Stottle

11 hours ago, Davo5 said:

You been out in the Australian sun all day without a hat on mate,you know our Cumbrian heads are not used to the big orange thing in the sky.

Orange Thing?

That must be the omissions from Sellafield it is trying to shine through and discolouring it.

Edited by Harry Stottle

17 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Can someone of reputable status please recommend a good curry house open around 5.30 in Warrington please 

Bit dangerous isn't it BB putting that stuff in your gut a couple of hours before KO?

Best thing is to buy a plateful and immediately go and throw it down a toilet so cutting out the middle man!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Bit dangerous isn't it BB putting that stuff in your gut a couple of hours before KO?

Best thing is to buy a plateful and immediately go and throw it down a toilet so cutting out the middle man!

I have iron constitution H.....besides need to line the stomach . Not drinking a lot either! Maybe 3 or 4 max 

What time is the band on? We listened to Lathams the whole way up....they have some good songs 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

I have one which goes back to the couple of seasons he was at Leigh and having taken particular notice of him whilst at Catalan he still has the same attributes that being if his team are on top and dominant he is very clearly an asset, but if it is hard and he has to get stuck in he is only noticeable by his absence even though he is on the field, to me the lad has everything but the important bit situated in his chest, just my opinion.

He's been very up and down during his time here in the sl hasn't he.

Certainly his bad year at catalans led to his fantastic year at kr going back to catalans.

We've needed an kicking organising 7 for years and years, I didnt see too much of him during the leigh friendly,  I thought Williams did 90% of the work(kicking) during that tbh.

He just needs to be steady for us, kick well, get us up the field,  him having a background with dudson and kasiano is a big thing which will help them integrate.

As I say, we just needed an old school 7, for probably 10 years now.

I'm not a fan of sneyd overall, but the majority of his game is what our team needs.

Completely agree on this....I'd say though it's isn't just heart...I think he used to panc when they trailed...ends up making rushed plays or kicking on the third etc

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I have iron constitution H.....besides need to line the stomach . Not drinking a lot either! Maybe 3 or 4 max 

What time is the band on? We listened to Lathams the whole way up....they have some good songs 

Where I am going at Leigh 7.00pm, but I wouldn't expect you to have enough time to get to Warrington though.😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Drinkwater is a Matty Smith style half back. If the forwards are dominating then he'll look good and be able to sit back and dictate play (which in turn will fee up Williams to to what he does best which is run the ball). However when his forwards are not dominating and he gets put under pressure then he's totally anonymous and more often than not comes up with poor plays. He's most definately not a half back who's going to win a game for Wire.

There's going to be huge pressure on the likes of Vaughn, Bullock, Kasiano & Mikaele to stamp their authority on this game 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Drinkwater is a Matty Smith style half back. If the forwards are dominating then he'll look good and be able to sit back and dictate play (which in turn will fee up Williams to to what he does best which is run the ball). However when his forwards are not dominating and he gets put under pressure then he's totally anonymous and more often than not comes up with poor plays. He's most definitely not a half back who's going to win a game for Wire.

There's going to be huge pressure on the likes of Vaughn, Bullock, Kasiano & Mikaele to stamp their authority on this game 

Looking forward to seeing how Sangare and Lisone fair against Wire's pack.....maybe Holroyds season to shine too

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

Just listening back to Hawksbee and Jacobs from Talksport. They did their whole show from the HJ this afternoon. Must be an IMG related initiative??

Daryl Powell was a decent listen, Ash Handley was boring (seems like a lovely lad though)

Dirty Derek, Stuart Pearce and Jon Wilkin have been on too but haven't listened to them yet.

Leeds have recruited conservatively and have been ordinary in their warm up games. Their coach seems to believe he is a genius who has re-imagined how the game should be played in a way nobody else ever has.

Short kick offs every time and we don't need a captain. 

It all points to pride before a fall except he did take the Rhinos from nowhere to a Grand Final in half a season after taking over from Agar. For me the clue there is in the final word.

I'm thinking it will all end in tears and I'm favouring Wire tonight. Perversely it will be a false dawn for Powell's Warrington. IMO.