Thread on other Championship teams

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Toulouse once again showing themselves to be an enigma wrapped in a riddle, going down 22-6 at London. About the only time they seem to have played well away from home was against us!

Still, that result makes a top-place finish for us a step closer.

don,t underestimate london , could cause you more pain than the pretenders

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

First of all let's not presume we will get to the final and if and when we do then have a look at the weather forecast. Cos I've heard Halifax Batley Sheffield and Batley can play in the British weather 😂😂😂

Halifax need a dry ground, surely you've been told that before.😉

• Haha 3

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I had a look at the betting early today and my has it changed. A few weeks ago Bradford being 6-1 and London 8-1, with Sheffield and Halifax around 40-1 or 50-1, would have seemed far fetched. Just shows how quickly form can change in this division.

That said, Bradford will be getting pushed back out after tonight. They have a lot of talent on their day, but so many wildly inconsistent or flakey players too.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 2

After last nights showing Longy and the team must have big grins on their faces today , Bradford , fax , Sheffield and probably Toulouse are merely making up the numbers , at last it really is your year😀

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Bradford are good at home but garbage away not going to win much that way.

Not according to VIA play commentary,  best thing since sliced bread 🥪. Looked more like a soggy baguette 🥖 to me. How Blackmore gets a gig god only knows? 

38 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

After last nights showing Longy and the team must have big grins on their faces today , Bradford , fax , Sheffield and probably Toulouse are merely making up the numbers , at last it really is your year😀

Thank you but iam sure we won't be counting our chickens yet,they don't seem to play as bad as that against us.

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Batley might well have a say in this though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

It's not the form teams are in now that counts though. It's how they're playing in October and how much they can raise their game against us. Toulouse lost twice to London either side of beating us comprehensively, there was certainly no comparison between their Summer Bash effort aginst London and how they played against us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lingaro said:

Not according to VIA play commentary,  best thing since sliced bread 🥪. Looked more like a soggy baguette 🥖 to me. How Blackmore gets a gig god only knows? 

They need to look at the stats I think they have won away twice this season and one of them was at Newcastle which was a shocking game 

• Like 1

How did Gilmore go on Monday night? Longy knew what he was doing in trying to sign him, but fair play to the Lad if he wants to show loyalty to the club he first signed for as a youngster. I would keep him in mind though if things don't work out with our half backs, in which case Widnes may be willing to let him come on a short term loan just before the transfer deadline if they don't look like making the play-offs?

BTW, when is the transfer deadline?

2 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

How did Gilmore go on Monday night? Longy knew what he was doing in trying to sign him, but fair play to the Lad if he wants to show loyalty to the club he first signed for as a youngster. I would keep him in mind though if things don't work out with our half backs, in which case Widnes may be willing to let him come on a short term loan just before the transfer deadline if they don't look like making the play-offs?

in all honesty i think youve already got better

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

August 4th 

Apparently BRADFORD BULLS have strengthened their pack for the push for Super League promotion. they have added Hull KR prop Dan Okoro,

Incidentally Dan's claim to fame is 3 games for Hunslet in 22  and 7 for Thunder in 23

• Like 1