Thread on other Championship teams

32 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its a strange one as just like last season I really fancy our chances of beating Fev in a semi if we were to get there but we never even got the chance last season and theres a really good chance that we don't again this year. That said I think there is a style clash between the two teams that really suits us and our tendancy to raise our game for the big ones then you just never know. 

Given how average we have been this season it makes me laugh that we are the only team in the competition who has beaten both Toulouse and Fev and yet we are scrambling to just make the playoffs. Ignoring Wembley it has been an awful season for us and if we were anywhere near the form we showed last season we would have walked 3rd and had a chance at 2nd. 

Its hard to see past a Fev win in the final with a likely average Toulouse team to beat at home with Fev in good form and at full strength. If that happens nobody can say they didn't deserve it.

It's all if,s and but's though but imo Fax have had a good season, like you say Wembley win and beating two of your favourite teams Fev and Bradford lol.

Edited by Fevrover

30 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

It's all if,s and but's though but imo Fax have had a good season, like you say Wembley win and beating two of your favourite teams Fev and Bradford lol.

Ignoring Wembley, I really only remember a couple worse which was the last season under Marshall and the 1st season we got relegated from SL. Just a season littered with stupid mistakes and stupid penalties and under par performances.

We appear to be on the Bulls Jason Bataiteri wish list

“𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗧𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗙𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗺𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺.”

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, POR said:

I want to play a flying V like Andy Powell but life's a sh itter. 😎😎

• Like 1

Bradford know exactly what they need to do to finish 3rd .just beat Sheffield.

I just hope Sheffield are up for it., as I have  no time for Bradford

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mightyship said:

If I’ve got this right then no Batley or Fax in the play offs this year. That’s 2 less bogey teams of recent years to worry about I suppose 😊

Fax beat us twice this year but are very inconsistent. Seemed to be able to raise their game on the big occasion and their speedy backs were too quick for ours who rely more on size and power.

21 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Fax beat us twice this year but are very inconsistent. Seemed to be able to raise their game on the big occasion and their speedy backs were too quick for ours who rely more on size and power.

They do but couldn't manage it today.

Bradford beat Sheffield with a last minute drop goal after nearly throwing it away when conceding a penalty in front of their posts whilst in possession. Full-blooded and pretty brutal game.

Think if I've worked this out correctly it means we can't play Bradford in the semis. If York win at Bradford we play York in the semis, otherwise we play the winner of London v Sheffield.

26 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Bradford beat Sheffield with a last minute drop goal after nearly throwing it away when conceding a penalty in front of their posts whilst in possession. Full-blooded and pretty brutal game.

Think if I've worked this out correctly it means we can't play Bradford in the semis. If York win at Bradford we play York in the semis, otherwise we play the winner of London v Sheffield.

Bulls v Knights on Viaplay Sunday 6.30pm.

Edited by spanishknight
  • Like 1

Looking at our three prospective semi final ooponents, i don't think we've lost to any of them, home or away, for over 4 years.

Last defeat I can think of against any of them was York away in August 2019. The last time we lost to London was in that crucial home game in 2018 which made the difference between them making the play-offs or not, they went on to win promotion that year. And unless I'm mistaken we haven't lost to Sheffield since a 35-10 defeat in 2016, when our half backs were Thackeray and Lilley.

Of course the past counts for nothing as we well know. Different players, different coaches, different situation. Just got to get the job done in the semi, and then hopefully the final.

• Like 2

Here you go a certain Mr Gledhills dream team

After working 47 Championship games in 2023. Here is my Championship team of the season. No stats. Just those players who got me out of my seat the most.

Holmes Walmsley Armitage Gill Towse Ford Lilley Lockwood Jones Belmas Day Taylor Marion        Rogers Gwaze Fitzsimmons Wildie

Interesting looking at the Toulouse squad for their game against Bradford. Centre Matthieu Jussaume (who was man of the match against us in the 2021 Grand Final) is still missing along with fellow centre Reuben Rennie who is out for the season.

However, Dominique Peyroux, who has been out since reportedly breaking a hand a few weeks ago, is back in the squad - whether that means he will play or not remains to be seen. Also back in the squad is Harrison Hansen, and if those two are fit along with Josh Ralph, who made his comeback two weeks ago, that will give them a much stronger 17 than the one we played at Toulouse.

With 30 degree temperatures forecast for kick off time on Saturday and Bradford with a couple of forwards injured, things look to be tilting in Toulouse's favour.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Interesting looking at the Toulouse squad for their game against Bradford. Centre Matthieu Jussaume (who was man of the match against us in the 2021 Grand Final) is still missing along with fellow centre Reuben Rennie who is out for the season.

However, Dominique Peyroux, who has been out since reportedly breaking a hand a few weeks ago, is back in the squad - whether that means he will play or not remains to be seen. Also back in the squad is Harrison Hansen, and if those two are fit along with Josh Ralph, who made his comeback two weeks ago, that will give them a much stronger 17 than the one we played at Toulouse.

With 30 degree temperatures forecast for kick off time on Saturday and Bradford with a couple of forwards injured, things look to be tilting in Toulouse's favour.

It’s a much stronger squad and I’d expect that we’ll see the best Toulouse on Saturday, especially at home. Personally I can’t see the Bulls winning this one.

• Like 1

Always thought yesterday would be a game to far with a banged up team in 30 degree heat we could have easily collapsed at any point in that game but kept the score fair.

I honestly think today london will be fevs toughest game they know what to expect with Toulouse if they win. But london playing with no fear in good form and heading to Fev with nothing at all to lose good luck Fev YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 21/09/2023 at 10:32, POR said:

Next year maybe ? 

• Haha 2