Fri 24th Feb: SL: Wigan Warriors v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/23 at 20:30

I think different to the trinity fans above who are ready to pack in the season and seem to have written off any hope of getting anything from this.

Reality is the game could have gone either way in the final quarter last week and the difference was a few Tom Johnstone efforts. 

A final fee second intercept from a hopeful pass give the score a wider margin but in reality it was an even contest undone by some poor game management in the second half by trinity. Fact is Catalans didn’t break the middle once in 80 minutes, it’s just the edges defending kicks that did us.

I have Catalans to be right up in 2/3rd come end of season.

As for this game, we have possibly Hood and Tanginoa back which will be welcome boosts and Wigan looked a bit off pace last week. More so than trinity imo. 

It’s going to be tough but both teams will want to respond. Sure, Wigan will be favourites but I think there could be some points to be had here. 

I reckon this will be a close one.

24-28 to Trinity. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Trojan Horse said:

I think different to the trinity fans above who are ready to pack in the season and seem to have written off any hope of getting anything from this.

Reality is the game could have gone either way in the final quarter last week and the difference was a few Tom Johnstone efforts. 

A final fee second intercept from a hopeful pass give the score a wider margin but in reality it was an even contest undone by some poor game management in the second half by trinity. Fact is Catalans didn’t break the middle once in 80 minutes, it’s just the edges defending kicks that did us.

As for this game, we have possibly Hood and Tanginoa back which will be welcome boosts and Wigan looked a bit off pace last week. More so than trinity imo. 

It’s going to be tough but both teams will want to respond. Sure, Wigan will be favourites but I think there could be some points to be had here. 

24-28 to Trinity. 

so because some Trinity fans see Wigan as strong favourites in the game they’ve given up all hope for the season, that’s a laughable conclusion.

Terrible review of the game!

Catalan we’re missing almost their whole spine and had two young players playing out of position at half back, they are notoriously poor travellers early in the season yet they never really looked in danger of losing the game.

Trinity we’re one dimensional, disjointed and relying solely on a tired shift/double shift structure that was out of date and countered by evolved defensive systems around 5 years ago.

Weve got to be significantly better than that if we are going to get 7 or 8 wins this year

38 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I love the fact that I'm unable to predict the winner here.

I know what you mean Oxford it really comes down to a toss of a coin lol will Beven French score the first 5 tries or Jai Field and that's just the first half were talking about lol Joking aside we don't expect to win but just want a response from our boys. Let's go there and give 110%, never say die attitude and throw the ball about and give it a go. Maybe we will get a surprise...well its happened before.

UP THE TRIN ⚜️ 🙏💪

6 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

24-28 to Trinity. 

You really think that. Get some money put on it. Sure to be good odds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cw25 said:

You really think that. Get some money put on it. Sure to be good odds.

It's 7/1 at my online bookmakers.

Same price as St Helens were last week coincidentally. Though of course that was for 80 minutes so it was a draw for pay out purposes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

I know what you mean Oxford it really comes down to a toss of a coin lol will Beven French score the first 5 tries or Jai Field and that's just the first half were talking about lol Joking aside we don't expect to win but just want a response from our boys. Let's go there and give 110%, never say die attitude and throw the ball about and give it a go. Maybe we will get a surprise...well its happened before.

UP THE TRIN ⚜️ 🙏💪

The hardest thing with Wigan is mostly when their efforts breakdown and French or Field are left in open country.

But Wakey often pull the game to where it has no right to be on paper otherwise they wouldn't still be in SL.

• Like 2

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

12 hours ago, Niels said:

It's 7/1 at my online bookmakers.

Same price as St Helens were last week coincidentally. Though of course that was for 80 minutes so it was a draw for pay out purposes.

I only managed to get 5/1 but I’ve placed my bet. 

Will be tough but I’m backing my team to respond. Despite the result last week was a close game and I’m expecting another close game on Friday. 

Looking forwards to the game. Come on Trinity!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

I only managed to get 5/1 but I’ve placed my bet. 

Will be tough but I’m backing my team to respond. Despite the result last week was a close game and I’m expecting another close game on Friday. 

Looking forwards to the game. Come on Trinity!

Trojan, good luck with the bet mate. I must admit I also admire your optimism, no one can knock you for that.

7 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Trojan, good luck with the bet mate. I must admit I also admire your optimism, no one can knock you for that.

Cheers mate, it’s just too early yet even for me to start swimming in negativity. It may happen but after 80 minutes of a season has gone and it being competitive my mind is still open on the possibilities I guess.

I want to give the players and coach the chance and looking at the fixtures it’s rounds 3-9 that will be crucial for us. If by round 8/9 we are adrift then I’ll start to worry.

Hopefully we will be sitting fairly secure by then though.