haven home on sun

georgeb1

19 minutes ago, Puk said:

Carried on from the poor second half performance from last week and collective the coaching staff,players and the team performance was awful today and why if we have 4 props in the 17 are we starting with Bailey at prop who's best position is in the second row where he gives us energy and more attacking options with his carries and pace .This was a totally unacceptable performance today and instead of looking forward to next weeks game against Featherstone we are going to have to put a lot of things right in training and hopefully turn up with a belief that we can compete against Featherstone.

I would love to know who decided not to take the the 2 points in the last few minutes.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

I know clint and the club are really trying to improve the match day experience, but judging by opinions on here let's ditch the random music during the game but perhaps let the band play before the game and at halftime ?

maybe rather than worry about which cds to get from the car they could improve the matchday experience by having a decent number of players on the books rather than cobble a team together each week

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Puk said:

But if we had missed the penalty kick we would have more than likely got the ball back.

Like haven didn't when they kicked for a penalty but hit the post to give us possession 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

not a guaranteed 2 points , so irrelevant

It is not irrelevant. No penalty kicks are guaranteed but that is not a reason not to take them when on offer. This is the second time this season when bad decision making  has cost us posslble valuable points i.e. the Widnes game when we refused penalty points at crucial stages of the game. I sometimes think we look leaderless on the pitch when things are not going so well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yorkie-Girl said:

It is not irrelevant. No penalty kicks are guaranteed but that is not a reason not to take them when on offer. This is the second time this season when bad decision making  has cost us posslble valuable points i.e. the Widnes game when we refused penalty points at crucial stages of the game. I sometimes think we look leaderless on the pitch when things are not going so well.

Agree with all of this. The irony is, the game against Bradford we kept under control by taking the penalties on offer, even when they were not easy! And it was that turning of the screw that took the game away from the Bulls not us going for six points all the time. So the decision on Sunday to not try to get a point out of the game was absolutely crackers as a point in this league can lift you a league position or two come the end of the season. Last year we won the same number of games as Barrow and one more than Batley but still finished behind them due to the points they took from drawing games.

There's a lot of truth in the saying "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".

• Like 6

At the end of the day no matter what we might hope for we will not get promoted this season, we aren’t good enough on or off the field yet, we will be, I am sure but not yet, so realistically the best we can hope for is a good play off place and maybe a decent run in the Challenge Cup to bring some money in. And as the old saying goes, it’s not how you start the season it’s how you finish it. Lessons will have been learnt and moving forward there will be some better decision making from all concerned. It was a bad day at the office and credit to Whitehaven they took advantage and made us pay.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Apparently it was Dreadful Game Weekend - Cas v Leeds, Batley v Barrow, ours - all absolute pants.

My thoughts too Andy plus 2 or 3 other score lines which might have disappointed the home fans who were expecting a few more tries from their team. Funny old game. Hope our lads are back on the horse this week!

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

I’m guessing with attendances we are following the pattern of last season when we stopped announcing crowds after the first few games. 

Yes despite the general manager and owner stating we would publish the day after the game when confirmed, who they trying to kid😇

4 hours ago, AB Knight said:

I’m guessing with attendances we are following the pattern of last season when we stopped announcing crowds after the first few games. 

Thought again the crowd was poor and after Sundays game it won't be attracting any stay away supporters back to the next game.

16 hours ago, AB Knight said:

The crowd was 1614.

Incidentally York city's crowd announcement was 10 mins before full time last night ours 10 days late , very strange , btw 5400

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Incidentally York city's crowd announcement was 10 mins before full time last night ours 10 days late , very strange , btw 5400

can't believe City get 5,400 watching the tripe they serve up week after week, pity we can't get a few of them converted to the best game in the world!!!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

can't believe City get 5,400 watching the tripe they serve up week after week, pity we can't get a few of them converted to the best game in the world!!!

If we play like we did against Whitehaven and Fev, we are lucky we get the crowds that we do.

Edited by spanishknight
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Expatknight said:

It's football though. Can't for the life of me get my son and his mates to come to Knights games regularly for free yet they'll all happily part with £9 of their hard earned to go watch City matches.

It's the culture of football they enjoy, hanging around in the South Stand with a load of other lads having a sing song while wearing the uniform Stone island and Adidas Gazelles, little bit of daft banter/aggro with the away fans. Rugby League should be trying to tap into that somehow rather than annoying it's current fans with half hearted attempts at atmosphere.

• Like 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Corey Hall left Wakey to join Hull KR. Loan move to yourselves maybe! Unless KR are intending to throw him straight in. He needs to work on his defence and York would afford him the opportunity to do it at the moment.

We've had Corey before and yes he looked pretty useful , I personally would rather see Connor barley progress with us and hopefully Levi will be back in a few weeks

• Like 2