Attendance thread

10,600ish at Warrington v Wakefield

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

On 29/04/2023 at 18:40, gingerjon said:

Which is why you don't play the game where people can pick and choose which top level (I leave that open to debate for the match thread) rugby league they can watch because they have so much of it on their doorstep every weekend during the season.

Didn't Doncaster do ok with a couple of internationals when we held them there? 

One thing I would say, last year's game was clearly never the 9k plus they claimed (remember they claimed the seats were sold out and there were huge empty sections). I thought it looked _ok compared to that, and I would add that the feedback from people who went (non-RL fans on my social media for example) was that they seemed to really enjoy it. So that's something I suppose. 

I'm almost at the point of past caring about the detail, it's a waste of time and energy as a fan. They'll do what they do, I'll pick and choose what interests me. That was the World Cup Legacy for me tbh. 

49 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

10,600ish at Warrington v Wakefield

A lot of offers tonight, maybe could have hoped for better, but then it's a bank holiday weekend, so positive that we were in 5 figures. 

So outside away fans - Leigh dropping to borderline Salford and Wakey attendances despite heavy rebranding, promotion and the most successful side in years?

I think a conversation needs to be had whether there really is an appetite for the game in Leigh. 

19 minutes ago, Leonard said:

So outside away fans - Leigh dropping to borderline Salford and Wakey attendances despite heavy rebranding, promotion and the most successful side in years?

I think a conversation needs to be had whether there really is an appetite for the game in Leigh. 

🎣 🎣 🎣 

5 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

🎣 🎣 🎣 

Just saying:

"Toulouse recorded an average attendance of 4,974 for their debut season in Super League. Sylvain Houles’ side fell to relegation and will compete back in the Championship in 2023. "

When you adjust for away fans........

Edited by Leonard

43 minutes ago, Leonard said:

There is and has always been a fantastic appetite for the game in Leigh.

But it is a pretty small place and there are established SL teams in every direction. This has always been the issue and it is hard to see how they sustainably get to the 8k minimum average you need to thrive in this division. None of that is to criticise or mock any of the efforts that are being made because Leigh are making the absolute best of their promotion on and off the field.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Just out of interest, and not a criticism, I saw that Man United ladies played at LSV yesterday. Anyone know how many went to that?

5,796 is the official attendance for that one.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Yes it was a bit disappointing , but early doors yet , these things take time , Wire up next which should wet the appetite of the locals a bit more , don't forget we're a town used to playing Sundays , these Fridays need getting used to 

31 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Just out of interest, and not a criticism, I saw that Man United ladies played at LSV yesterday. Anyone know how many went to that?

Different scenario , they draw from a huge area , the massive issues the locality has with parking on Ladies match days shows that 

30 minutes ago, Josef K said:

The Catalans gate is up 500 on last year Vs Saints. 

Definitely tough to see what Catalans bring to the division compared to some other clubs isn't it?

There was on attendance in RL Express for Hull KR either.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/super-league-round-11-attendances-with-leeds-leading-the-way

Super League Round 11 attendances

Hull 14-10 Wigan: 10,251

Catalans 24-12 St Helens: 10,763

Leeds 12-22 Salford: 13,007

Leigh 30-6 Castleford: 5,423

Warrington 32-18 Wakefield: 10,209

Hull KR 28-0 Huddersfield: N/A

Not a lot elsewhere to go on, although Barrow and Donny figures are decent.

Per RL Express:

Newcastle v Fax - N/A

Fev v Sheffield - N/A

Swinton v TO - 957

Barrow v Bulls - 2,440

York v (beloved) Broncos - N/A

Whitehaven v Cougars - 1,065

Doncaster v Whitehaven - 1,255

Oldham v Cornwall - 437

Rochdale v Crusaders - N/A

Midlands v Skolars - N/A

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

Fev 3187

It is in League Express. 

Fair enough - i was trying to post from a small screen so probably missed it whilst squinting. Good attendance.

Rovers have finally made their first attendance announcement of the season:

Averaging 8,782 so far, which is the highest in over 40 years 

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

38 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Rovers have finally made their first attendance announcement of the season:

Averaging 8,782 so far, which is the highest in over 40 years 

That's great stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Not a lot elsewhere to go on, although Barrow and Donny figures are decent.

Per RL Express:

Newcastle v Fax - N/A

Fev v Sheffield - N/A

Swinton v TO - 957

Barrow v Bulls - 2,440

York v (beloved) Broncos - N/A

Whitehaven v Cougars - 1,065

Doncaster v Whitehaven - 1,255

Oldham v Cornwall - 437

Rochdale v Crusaders - N/A

Midlands v Skolars - N/A

Decent crowd for Swinton with no away fans to be fair

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leonard said:

Fair enough - i was trying to post from a small screen so probably missed it whilst squinting. Good attendance.

No problem there's that many don't give attendances out these day's.