Attendance thread

8 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Wembley magic has fallen off a cliff all round Arsenal and Spurs are far better venues and Everton looks like being a fantastic new stadium.

Someone mentioned Broncos crowds just now 1000 average is cuckoville i was there last week 400 i would say and around 80/100 from Featherstone Rovers (Wimbledon is not the place) 

French Cup final was always second to the championship final but used to average 8/10000 championship final will be interesting in Narbonne at the end of May 15 years ago it was around 12/13000 if its 10000 this year will be good.

Paul

Agreed......Ealing was better if not perfect 

Don't start suggesting they should play in Kent!!

31 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

10,859 at Hull today. 

That’s a good attendance given the rubbish Hull have dished up recently.& makes you wonder what crowds they could attract with a good team playing attractive rugby & winning consistently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

10,859 at Hull today. 

Well done Hull fans- just hope Smith is given plenty of time to reshape the club - Hull FC are potentially the biggest club in SL so would be great if they can turn it around.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Agreed......Ealing was better if not perfect 

Don't start suggesting they should play in Kent!!

Wherever they play, do you think they just need to be settled in one place for a few years now? 

Was looking at a couple of pictures from their win today though and I don't think they were at Plough Lane were they? I thought all their games were meant to be there now?

• Like 1

Just now, OnStrike said:

Wherever they play, do you think they just need to be settled in one place for a few years now? 

Was looking at a couple of pictures from their win today though and I don't think they were at Plough Lane were they? I thought all their games were meant to be there now?

Just checked actually...somewhere called Rosslyn Park

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

10,859 at Hull today. 

Is that an actual attendance though or tickets issued as a Hull fan i spoke to said he didn't think there was more than 8,000 in today, the stands looked very sparse at kick-off.

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well done Hull fans- just hope Smith is given plenty of time to reshape the club - Hull FC are potentially the biggest club in SL so would be great if they can turn it around.

Potentially bigger than Leeds? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

That’s a good attendance given the rubbish Hull have dished up recently.& makes you wonder what crowds they could attract with a good team playing attractive rugby & winning consistently.

If Hull start winning consistently, there's a danger that clubs who are currently winning consistently will start to lose more games, particularly against Hull.

All SL clubs need to stop losing. They cannot expect people to go to their games unless they win and keep winning.

IMG will have the definitive answer, but I've given the matter some thought myself and here is my provisional proposal -

At the end of 80 minutes, the winning team walk off the pitch and they and their fans go home. The losing team stay on the pitch and keep playing until they win. Two points each for both teams.

With this formula in place, there will no longer be any excuse for poor crowds.

• Like 1

Latest Round of Superleague Attendances

Saints/Warrington  14866

Wigan/Wakefield    12240

Hull/Huddersfield.  10859

Cas/Hull KR.            7110

Leigh/Leeds.           6686

Salford/Catalans.    3974

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Latest Round of Superleague Attendances

Saints/Warrington  14866

Wigan/Wakefield    12240

Hull/Huddersfield.  10859

Cas/Hull KR.            7110

Leigh/Leeds.           6686

Salford/Catalans.    3974

Not bad but that Salford side deserves a bigger audience.

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

11 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

It's what Hull posted on their twitter.

I meant is that how many were in the ground or tickets issued as the guy i spoke to after says there's no way there were 10,000 in there.

8 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Absolutely,they are playing attractive,winning rugby,have played in 2 major finals & still can’t attract a crowd.

• Like 2

Just now, daz39 said:

I meant is that how many were in the ground or tickets issued as the guy i spoke to after says there's no way there were 10,000 in there.

What tends to happen these days is that clubs just add the walk ups onto their season ticket sales and don't bother with actual turnstile admissions.

16 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

What tends to happen these days is that clubs just add the walk ups onto their season ticket sales and don't bother with actual turnstile admissions.

Very true, or free tickets given out are also counted, i was asking if that happens at Hull.

47 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

True, but they have been steadily increasing over the last few seasons. Winning over new supporters in a country obsessed with the round ball code can't be easy. I guess much of it is a mate inviting a mate to join him and then his being won over.  

• Like 2

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

I stand by what I said. I'm not having a go at Salford, in fact I'm saying they have a good team that deserves a good crowd. The supporters they have are a good bunch but they're a small group. The United excuses do wind me up though, there is the best part of a million people within half an hour from the AJ Bell and I can't think of another club who blames a football club 5 miles away for their crowds.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

10 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Not often you have a go at Salfords crowds Davy.

Wow what a really strange post,discussing attendances on a thread titled “Attendances “has you all angry & flustered or maybe you just don’t like poster’s using actual facts in their posts.

Just now, Davo5 said:

Wow what a really strange post,discussing attendances on a thread titled “Attendances “has you all angry & flustered or maybe you just don’t like poster’s using actual facts in their posts.

Arnt their crowds on the up Davy? - give them a chance, they seem to be building nicely at the moment, with a good team to match.

On 23/04/2023 at 21:14, daz39 said:

Is that an actual attendance though or tickets issued as a Hull fan i spoke to said he didn't think there was more than 8,000 in today, the stands looked very sparse at kick-off.

22 hours ago, daz39 said:

Was it two different guys you spoke to or did he change his mind?