Attendance thread

3 hours ago, JonNgog said:

Very good. On a Thursday night and with Saints out of form, I wasn’t expecting much more than 13k

I was expecting less than 12K, and although it’s well down on last years attendance i still think it was a decent turnout with good support from Wire. 

6 hours ago, Josef K said:

I was expecting less than 12K, and although it’s well down on last years attendance i still think it was a decent turnout with good support from Wire. 

It was only about 3500 under capacity so it must have been capacityif it was well down - was there a better crowd last year the a wire Thursday night game?

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

It was only about 3500 under capacity so it must have been capacityif it was well down - was there a better crowd last year the a wire Thursday night game?

We played Wire on Friday 11th March last season Frisky and pulled in 16,118.

I think the day it’s played could put fans off, then there is the form of both sides and the weather. Some were saying it was bally cold last night, i didn’t find it too bad but i did have a thick coat on and a bob hat. 

52 minutes ago, Josef K said:

We played Wire on Friday 11th March last season Frisky and pulled in 16,118.

I think the day it’s played could put fans off, then there is the form of both sides and the weather. Some were saying it was bally cold last night, i didn’t find it too bad but i did have a thick coat on and a bob hat. 

Ok but I don't think 14866 is well down for a Thursday night- but ok cheers

4 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Ok but I don't think 14866 is well down for a Thursday night- but ok cheers

You’re right Mr Frisky i think i did go a bit OTT. But the home fixtures we (saints) have played so far, all bar the Leeds game the gates have been down. 

• Like 1

On 20/04/2023 at 02:24, Dredgie99 said:

Where do London's figures come from? They dont announce attendance figures and there is no way they are averaging over 1000

I'm sorry I didn't get back sooner but just spotted your comment.

I got them from here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_RFL_Championship_season_results

It's up until round 8. Round 9 wasn't included.

• Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

6 minutes ago, OnStrike said:

Crazy Man City and Sheff Utd have to come to London for a semi final

That kicks off at around 5pm ... be a fun journey home, that.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Wembley magic has fallen off a cliff all round Arsenal and Spurs are far better venues and Everton looks like being a fantastic new stadium.

Someone mentioned Broncos crowds just now 1000 average is cuckoville i was there last week 400 i would say and around 80/100 from Featherstone Rovers (Wimbledon is not the place) 

French Cup final was always second to the championship final but used to average 8/10000 championship final will be interesting in Narbonne at the end of May 15 years ago it was around 12/13000 if its 10000 this year will be good.

Paul

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Wembley magic has fallen off a cliff all round Arsenal and Spurs are far better venues and Everton looks like being a fantastic new stadium.

Someone mentioned Broncos crowds just now 1000 average is cuckoville i was there last week 400 i would say and around 80/100 from Featherstone Rovers (Wimbledon is not the place) 

French Cup final was always second to the championship final but used to average 8/10000 championship final will be interesting in Narbonne at the end of May 15 years ago it was around 12/13000 if its 10000 this year will be good.

Paul

Maybe too soon to judge if Wimbledon is the place or not? They've moved around so much what's needed is surely years in the same location, lay roots etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

With parallels with the Challenge Cup semi finals and just to show its not just RL fans that are bothered about attendances:

Screenshot_20230423_100305_Facebook.jpg.2aea6a3684ae7f2ebf2d4a8c64a5e0e4.jpg

That's a selective photo by the FB account - they fill from the other side like we do at CCF and crowd was still 69k, bigger than any other ground could hold apart from Old Trafford.

Have sympathy for the points on fans travelling and costs etc, but from a crowd perspective, hold it anywhere else and even fewer will get to attend. 

Wembley still works for them, and I believe should still work for us, rather than capping CCF at 60k at Arsenal/Spurs.

On 21/04/2023 at 11:24, GeordieSaint said:

Good turnout from Saints as well (around 11.5-12k) considering how out of form we have been. Well done both sets of supporters! 

Good ****ing grief 

"How poor our form has been" 

Is that how fickle Saints fans are???? 

You've won 4 titles on a row and the WCC in Australia within the last few months ...I can understand if it was 5 years of winning nothing but......

Strewth 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 2