Attendance thread

Football clubs have a far bigger pool of fans to sell to than any RL club. As such Football games are much more spread out amongst a far larger fanbase where as a RL club is much more dependent on the same fans going to all games

At a guess to illustrate the point an RL club like Wigan may have 20k casual fans that may go every season to get a 14k average. Someone like Man Utd may average 70k+ but could probably sell tickets to millions of different people every year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Football clubs have a far bigger pool of fans to sell to than any RL club. As such Football games are much more spread out amongst a far larger fanbase where as a RL club is much more dependent on the same fans going to all games

At a guess to illustrate the point an RL club like Wigan may have 20k casual fans that may go every season to get a 14k average. Someone like Man Utd may average 70k+ but could probably sell tickets to millions of different people every year.

Two examples I now have reasonably first hand knowledge of are Liverpool where my nephew gets occasional tickets to midweek and cup games that ST holders don't want to buy, and Arsenal, where Tiny Ginger is finding he stands a much better chance in the ballot for League Cup games, and the like, which have much weaker demand compared to league matches.

In both cases, even the shallower pool fills the ground and then some.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, yipyee said:

50 for a family of 4 is 200 !

For Old Trafford?

Cheapest adult ticket is £30 

5-16 year olds £15 

If you are a family with very young kids it is £60 for the family 

£90 if kids are 16

That is an absolute bargain and I suspect no other major sporting final in the western world with a 60,000 attendance is any where near that cheap 

Not saying I'm unsympathetic to struggling families but compared to other sports RL is a really good sport to follow cheaply (unless like me you have to spend £50 on petrol and £100 on hotels each game!)

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, JonM said:

If you have 10k fans and 20% can't make it, you get 8k. If you have 60k fans and a 40k stadium and 20% can't make it, you still get 40k.

5 week gap between Fa cup QF and SF. It's 5 or 6 days for our play offs.

How about cup replays then? And also Wigan have known they’ll be at home this weekend for longer than five days. 

Edited by Eddie

6 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Fair enough to an extent but if you that sort of money is an issue then surely the cheaper option of the £25 and no travel costs by watching your team have a chance to win the semi at home should be priority 

Exactly

People need to have a word with themselves if they watch a sport all year and can't be bothered to go to the finals.

Not sure what IMG can do about that.

2 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Has WSL GF sold out? RFL tickets website says so. 

It’s the East Stand (capacity 3500 ish) that’s sold out. South Stand now on sale.

I was really hoping the York marketing team would push the game a bit more and try and beat the Knights club record attendance of 4221 but I guess with it being an RFL event it’s on them. However if the East Stand genuinely has sold out then I think they can beat it regardless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any advance figures for England v Tonga at St Helens? Got a ticket this morning and Cat A seems to be going well, assuming a non available seat has actually been sold and isn't just unreleased yet. 

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

For Old Trafford?

5-16 year olds £15 

£90 if kids are 16

That is an absolute bargain and I suspect no other major sporting final in the western world with a 60,000 attendance is any where near that cheap 

Not saying I'm unsympathetic to struggling families but compared to other sports RL is a really good sport to follow cheaply (unless like me you have to spend £50 on petrol and £100 on hotels each game!)

I didn’t think they did concessions for the GF?

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yep....

PRICE BANDS

Junior: 16 and under 

Concession: 17 to 22-year-olds and 65 & over 

Community: Junior Community Groups, Clubs, and Schools go for £20 per adult, and £2.50 per child.

Ta. They never used to. 

Official away crowds at the John Smiths in 2024 (or how many Huddersfield were outnumbered by)

R2, Warrington, Friday, 1,531 (7,731) 19.8% of the crowd

R4, Castleford, Friday,  389 (4,070) 9.5%

R5, Wigan, Friday, 1,027 (5,777) 17.7%

R6, St Helens, Thursday, 740 (4,684) 15.7%

R9, Catalans, Friday, (4,685) 0%

R12, Leigh, Friday, 877 (4,977) 17.6%

R13, Castleford, Friday,  361 (4,206) 8.5%

R19, Wakefield, Friday,  1,444 (5,872) 24.5%

R20 Hull FC, Friday, 748 (4,579) 16.3%

R22, Salford, Friday, 690 (4,685) 14.7%

R23, Leeds, Sunday( bank holiday) 1,425 (6,621) 21.5%

R25, Hull KR, Friday, 1,441 (4,821) 29.8%

R27, Warrington, Friday, 937 (5,656) 16.6%

Biggest following- Warrington R2, 1,531

Lowest following -( excl. Catalans) Castleford R13, 361

Highest percentage- Hull KR, R25, 29.8%

Lowest percentage (excl. Catalans) Castleford R13, 8.5%

Huddersfield average- 5,258

Away average- 893.

Not quite outnumbering as many away fans (mainly on social media) would like to believe. 

7 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

For Old Trafford?

5-16 year olds £15 

£90 if kids are 16

So a home game followed by an away game (potentially in france) and then a final, thats a lot of money 3 weeks on the bounce 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Damien said:

Even further down the scale, a lot of L2/NL/non league clubs can usually pull a decent crowd in for big games.

RL has many issues, maybe the fans (the same match going fans) are fatigued by the end of the season? Maybe they don't see a play off game as a big game?

In football, the play offs are a bonus for clubs to get a shot at promotion rather than the means to an end like in RL?

• Like 1

Our fan base is just far to low, RL needs the England brand playing 4/5 matches at home every year (At least 3 matches outside of the heartlands)  to build a more national fan base.

It is going to be interesting to see what the crowds will be for the Tonga matches.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, meast said:

Official away crowds at the John Smiths in 2024 (or how many Huddersfield were outnumbered by)

R2, Warrington, Friday, 1,531 (7,731) 19.8% of the crowd

R4, Castleford, Friday,  389 (4,070) 9.5%

R5, Wigan, Friday, 1,027 (5,777) 17.7%

R6, St Helens, Thursday, 740 (4,684) 15.7%

R9, Catalans, Friday, (4,685) 0%

R12, Leigh, Friday, 877 (4,977) 17.6%

R13, Castleford, Friday,  361 (4,206) 8.5%

R19, Wakefield, Friday,  1,444 (5,872) 24.5%

R20 Hull FC, Friday, 748 (4,579) 16.3%

R22, Salford, Friday, 690 (4,685) 14.7%

R23, Leeds, Sunday( bank holiday) 1,425 (6,621) 21.5%

R25, Hull KR, Friday, 1,441 (4,821) 29.8%

R27, Warrington, Friday, 937 (5,656) 16.6%

Biggest following- Warrington R2, 1,531

Lowest following -( excl. Catalans) Castleford R13, 361

Highest percentage- Hull KR, R25, 29.8%

Lowest percentage (excl. Catalans) Castleford R13, 8.5%

Huddersfield average- 5,258

Away average- 893.

Not quite outnumbering as many away fans (mainly on social media) would like to believe. 

I bought my 4 tickets in the posh seats direct from Huddersfield, so need to update your numbers to these ones:

R25, Hull KR, Friday, 1,445 (4,821) 30.0%

🤣🤣🤣

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Hull KR sales now at 4,200 for Saturday. Wigan's on the other hand are really disappointing... come on people, it's a play off semi-final and I want an atmosphere!!

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I bought my 4 tickets in the posh seats direct from Huddersfield, so need to update your numbers to these ones:

R25, Hull KR, Friday, 1,445 (4,821) 30.0%

🤣🤣🤣

As I said, official away crowds.

I'm aware of away fans in our stand for a few games but they don't count as official away fans 😌

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Hull KR sales now at 4,200 for Saturday. Wigan's on the other hand are really disappointing... come on people, it's a play off semi-final and I want an atmosphere!!

Russ Abbott for the Grand Final pre-match entertainment ?

• Haha 2