Jump to content

Attendance thread


Recommended Posts


4 hours ago, Josef K said:

What was each club’s average attendance after the regular season. That’s if all clubs announced and gave the correct attendances!!!!. 

Surely any club could withhold attendances and just post a made-up figure to look good if they wanted to?

Anyway, Huddersfield 5,262, up from 5,126 on last year, not bad given the poor quality and lack of wins this year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/09/2023 at 08:47, ATLANTISMAN said:

Hopefully this will be the first season when fans actually attend the play offs

 

Predictions

Hull KR v Leigh Leopards 10000

St Helens v Warrington Wolves 15000

Catalans Dragons v Hull KR or Leigh Leopards 13000

Wigan v St Helens or Warrington Wolves 

St Helens 25000

Warrington Wolves 16000

 

Paul

 

 

Looking at the potential fixtures for the playoffs, there's no reason why there couldn't be huge crowds all round.

Rovers and Leigh will be on a high, and the ground isn't huge so could make a big push to sell out. Leigh will travel well for their biggest league game in years and Rovers haven't had a home playoff for a long time.

Saints v Warrington is a local derby.

Catalans have 2 weeks to sell out a smaller-sized ground and will feel that could make the final.

Wigan will be guaranteed a derby also, so could tempt people to buy early and build a huge crowd.

EDIT - scratch that, Saints wouldn't play Wigan if they got through, they'd play Catalans. But a Leigh game would still be a derby, and Rovers take 100,000 away so should still be a good crowd!

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Looking at the potential fixtures for the playoffs, there's no reason why there couldn't be huge crowds all round.

Rovers and Leigh will be on a high, and the ground isn't huge so could make a big push to sell out. Leigh will travel well for their biggest league game in years and Rovers haven't had a home playoff for a long time.

Saints v Warrington is a local derby.

Catalans have 2 weeks to sell out a smaller-sized ground and will feel that could make the final.

Wigan will be guaranteed a derby also, so could tempt people to buy early and build a huge crowd.

1100 tickets available for Leigh at NCP , but a nightmare finding coaches for a 4-30 depart to Hull 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Damien said:

 

 

Good news, though it would be interesting to see the actual figures. If it’s 30% on 500 it’s not that amazing. Plus if the WC and this year’s CC final are anything to go by I don’t believe what the RFL say about ticket sales anyway. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, weighman said:

Doncaster had a few 1000+ crowds.

8 crowds this season over 1000.

Lowest of 485 in the Challenge Cup v Workington, highest of 2564 in the playoff final (which is the clubs 5th highest attendance ever in the Eco-Power/Keepmoat Stadium era)

Average attendance of 1091, which is the highest its been for a number of years.

  • Like 7

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, robt said:

8 crowds this season over 1000.

Lowest of 485 in the Challenge Cup v Workington, highest of 2564 in the playoff final (which is the clubs 5th highest attendance ever in the Eco-Power/Keepmoat Stadium era)

Average attendance of 1091, which is the highest its been for a number of years.

Shows the potential for decent support if the club does ok in Championship. Was struck watching the game on Sunday how many home fans had club shirts and the diversity of the support age and gender-wise (obviously not a scientific analysis just an impression).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 10

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A mate at work who loves numbers & stats has worked out the average club attendance this season after the 13 home games. He worked out the attendances that have been printed in the press including the 14,000 at Saints on Friday. Leeds are the best supported club once again. But ten club have seen a rise in attendances
1. Leeds 13,804 + 864

2. Wigan 13,497 +1,219

3. Saints 12.782 + 931

4. Hull 12,345 + 1,582

5. Wire 10,889 + 2,170

6. Catalans 9,062 + 994

7. HKR 8,710 + 922

8. Leigh 7,253 - 

9. Cas 7,170 - 372

10. Salford 5,293 + 764

11. Huddersfield 5,257 + 113

12 Wakefield 4,299 - 314. 

If these are correct (they may not be!!!!)  it’s good to see attendances improving. It would be great if the clubs could build on them for 2024. If Fev come up would they average more than Trin, i haven’t a clue ?. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Josef K said:

A mate at work who loves numbers & stats has worked out the average club attendance this season after the 13 home games. He worked out the attendances that have been printed in the press including the 14,000 at Saints on Friday. Leeds are the best supported club once again. But ten club have seen a rise in attendances
1. Leeds 13,804 + 864

2. Wigan 13,497 +1,219

3. Saints 12.782 + 931

4. Hull 12,345 + 1,582

5. Wire 10,889 + 2,170

6. Catalans 9,062 + 994

7. HKR 8,710 + 922

8. Leigh 7,253 - 

9. Cas 7,170 - 372

10. Salford 5,293 + 764

11. Huddersfield 5,257 + 113

12 Wakefield 4,299 - 314. 

If these are correct (they may not be!!!!)  it’s good to see attendances improving. It would be great if the clubs could build on them for 2024. If Fev come up would they average more than Trin, i haven’t a clue ?. 

Not sure what the capacity is at Fev. You’d like to think they’d at least match it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Josef K said:

A mate at work who loves numbers & stats has worked out the average club attendance this season after the 13 home games. He worked out the attendances that have been printed in the press including the 14,000 at Saints on Friday. Leeds are the best supported club once again. But ten club have seen a rise in attendances
1. Leeds 13,804 + 864

2. Wigan 13,497 +1,219

3. Saints 12.782 + 931

4. Hull 12,345 + 1,582

5. Wire 10,889 + 2,170

6. Catalans 9,062 + 994

7. HKR 8,710 + 922

8. Leigh 7,253 - 

9. Cas 7,170 - 372

10. Salford 5,293 + 764

11. Huddersfield 5,257 + 113

12 Wakefield 4,299 - 314. 

If these are correct (they may not be!!!!)  it’s good to see attendances improving. It would be great if the clubs could build on them for 2024. If Fev come up would they average more than Trin, i haven’t a clue ?. 

Good stuff, and it’s fair to say with Wakey’s ground rebuild and terrible form plus Cas’ terrible form their reductions are surprisingly low. This should be celebrated by SL and the RFL. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, M j M said:

Given crowds are a factor in IMG's spreadsheet exercise to what degree do we think some of these figures have been massaged...?

Genuine question, how much do you think that they can be massaged? What sort of numbers we talking getting added on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Given crowds are a factor in IMG's spreadsheet exercise to what degree do we think some of these figures have been massaged...?

The thresholds are 3k and 7.5k for the higher points, so there aren't really any close calls there. No club has moved fr one band to another year on year. Instinctively it doesn't feel like there is a challenge around these numbers, there seems to be a logic to each of them. 

Hull KR is the odd one tbh, the way they have announced them, but they have had a good season, including a Wembley trip, so their increase could be expected. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Aerosaint said:

Anyone else have their GF tickets moved due to the entertainment staging?  I was upgraded from Cat. 4 to 2 so not too upset.  

It seems odd that they would have to do that, surely its been the same setup practically every year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Genuine question, how much do you think that they can be massaged? What sort of numbers we talking getting added on?

Ranges from a few hundred to a few thousand. Sometimes it is justified by non attending ticket holders (even if they are comps), sometimes it is just a number plucked out of the air. It has been linked to the central funding for years and the announced figure taken at face value, despite an office further down the corridor holding the correct figures via the SGSA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/09/2023 at 01:18, Josef K said:

A mate at work who loves numbers & stats has worked out the average club attendance this season after the 13 home games. He worked out the attendances that have been printed in the press including the 14,000 at Saints on Friday. Leeds are the best supported club once again. But ten club have seen a rise in attendances
1. Leeds 13,804 + 864

2. Wigan 13,497 +1,219

3. Saints 12.782 + 931

4. Hull 12,345 + 1,582

5. Wire 10,889 + 2,170

6. Catalans 9,062 + 994

7. HKR 8,710 + 922

8. Leigh 7,253 - 

9. Cas 7,170 - 372

10. Salford 5,293 + 764

11. Huddersfield 5,257 + 113

12 Wakefield 4,299 - 314. 

If these are correct (they may not be!!!!)  it’s good to see attendances improving. It would be great if the clubs could build on them for 2024. If Fev come up would they average more than Trin, i haven’t a clue ?. 

Interesting stats. I put together a list that is close to those figures.

https://rugbyl.blogspot.com/

  • Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.